EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 09-26-2006, 11:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hotkey's in other interface pieces?

Is it possible to create hotkey areas in other interface pieces?

What I was thinking was a click to cure on the Player window that was actually hotkeys with the correct potions dropped into the respective cure areas?

Probably impossible but thought I would ask.

-Slic.
Unread 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, it won't work like that, but you can try to arrange an actual hotbar over the player window. If you resize the bar accordingly then it should work fine (you may need to use an otherwise invisible bar for best looks). Either drag the potions you need on there or make a macro for it.
Unread 09-26-2006, 12:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

As far as I am aware there is no way to create a macro to use an item in your bags or is there? If you could then presumably you can just create a button in the interface piece to do that action. Hence the hotkey suggestion...

Ah well here's wishing.
-S.
Unread 09-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Nope. Theres no way to use something out of your bags...

... mostly because the items are referenced by an ID that seems to change every 10s (or whenver you think you have it figured out).
Unread 09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

the ID stays the same signifies the bag position, so if you keep it in one spot it should work.
Unread 09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
the ID stays the same signifies the bag position, so if you keep it in one spot it should work.
It does?

In my experience, playing around with examining items using a / command, the ID changes. For example, lets say that ID 212 was some item in some slot. I could use that / command to examine to my heart's content. But then, if I moved that item and put a different one in its place, it seemed like that ID would no longer generate any examines. Just to be sure, I tested it twice, having changed nothing but switching two items.

Maybe the examine command was bugged then?

And if the id signifies the bag position... is it reassigned every time the bag layout changes, or does it use something like 00x (x = 0 -> 5) is main slots, 1xy is the bag in the first slot (with xy going from 0 to the max # of slots for that bag) etc.?

What I was trying to do was see if there was a way to automatically equip an item before performing a different command (using a macro), so I was using the examine thing to try and figure out the slots...

But it seemed to me like the ID for that was random or based on when you got the item or something (or when you logged in, how the items were tallied in some random way, perhaps by their internal base item ID?) as going through the 100s I think, sometimes it would try the bank, soemtimes it would examine something in one bag, then another, etc., with no apparant reason to it.
Unread 09-26-2006, 05:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Now that I read your description, I think you are right actually. I must have confused it with another command (/inventory move, wasn't it?).

Did you ever try to drag the potion to your hotkeys and do /save_hotkeys to see how it is referenced? Maybe that can be used for addressing it.
Unread 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Did you ever try to drag the potion to your hotkeys and do /save_hotkeys to see how it is referenced? Maybe that can be used for addressing it.
Hmmm. I never thought about that, thats a good idea...

But I'm pretty sure its more than just a slot thats saved, as I use hotkeys to switch out some gear (notably my crafting stuff and my adving stuff) and the key doesn't change based on the slot, or so it seems at least.

Definately worth looking into though =)
Unread 09-27-2006, 01:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

hmm, I tried and put some drink on the hotkeys and it does not appear to be saved at all. And the command is /savehotkeys in one word actually.
Well, was worth a try.
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
hmm, I tried and put some drink on the hotkeys and it does not appear to be saved at all. And the command is /savehotkeys in one word actually.
Well, was worth a try.
Thats right! I forgot about that... folks were complaining because if you tried to save it, and then load it those slots wouldn't be replaced with the items, instead it'll shift the hotkeys to be in order and leave whatever was at the end still there.