EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 03-29-2015, 11:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Spell Icon Timeout

When defining Either Icons or IconStyles for spells, is there any way to make them greyed out when the spell is not useable for a period ? E.g Just like using a spell in a hotbar when it goes dark and lights up again when ready.

I think I need to use an Effect style or maybe GameData.Maintained.Spell_1,2 etc

But I don't know how to work this into either an Icon, or IconStyle. Has anyone got an example ?

Am I right in thinking that these effects need to be overlayed on top of the icons?

Cheers

Suu
Unread 03-29-2015, 05:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'd say most likely overlay'd, yes.
Unread 04-01-2015, 11:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

OK, going to follow up on this as I have been trying desperately to get some kind of progress to show up in my window whenever I cast a particular spell, similar to what you see in a normal Hotbar.

This is what I have come up with so far, but the bar doesn't show up at all and nothing seems to fire when I either cast the spell from my window (which does work well), or from the hotbar.

<Progressbar DynamicData="/GameData.SpellInfo.Bank_5.Key_1.ReuseSec" Progress="0.500" AbsorbsInput="false" Location="184,18" MaximumSize="35,2" MinimumSize="22,2" Name="ABProgress" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="28,2" Size="28,2" Style="/progressbarlist.progress_default" Visible="true"/>

Any ideas why this isn't working ?

OR... Has anyone got any ideas on to achieve what I am attempting ?

The Hotbar reference is correct by the way.

Cheers