EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 03-19-2015, 01:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default PackLocationProp ?

Can anyone explain the PackLocationProp and the syntax please ?

I've checked the UIBuilder Documentaion but couldn't see anything relating to it, although I may have missed it.

Cheers
Unread 03-19-2015, 06:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1703

Is the online text version posted here.

The PackLocationProp exactly not sure off hand, Do you mean just PackLocation?
Unread 03-19-2015, 10:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for replying. No the PackLocation is pretty well explained in the manual. The PackLocationProp seems to be a set of flags similar to those used from dynamic data - 2 sets of 2 numbers e.g. 0001/0001,0002/0001

They are similar to the PackSizeProp and my guess is that they have a similar meaning. But how they apply to a pack in what looks like top/left,bottom/right format is strange and I cant figure it out.

I found these properties in some existing code that I was modding to suit my own purposes, and they were within a WindowFrame object.

Su
Unread 03-20-2015, 07:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I believe they are just automatically calculated by the game, or if you use the UIBuilder they are applied there and saved in the XML.

I've always just passively ignored them. I'm not sure what purpose they serve, but perhaps it's a shortcut for the PackLocation property, and let's the game's engine evaluation positioning faster? Just a guess!
Unread 03-21-2015, 12:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ahhh, ok, that kinda makes sense. Yes, I have been updating a frame with UIBuilder, so I imagine that the previous person didn't even put those items in then. I would like to make something from scratch, but those 2 fields were putting me off, as there is nothing worse than something not working and wondering if it is because of the stuff you don't know about.

Thanks for your thoughts, Appreciate it

Suu