EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 01-12-2013, 03:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 Integrated to 1920x1200

Good day,

i actual convert the ui EQ2 Integrated to an format to use in high resolutions. I make it primary for 1920x1200 but 2560x1600 is maybe still possible, i didn't use 2560x1600 because of some ingame graphic bugs that make this resolution unusable for me.

Now a few problems i don't come along without some knowledge from dev's:

1. Where are the font's or values stored to change the text-size of npc-talk-choice and the eq2-button-menu at bottom left standard?

2. Why doesn't affect an change in main-hud to the welcome-screen-ui with ui-builder the ingame appearance? All other changes made to windows into main-hud-area changed it also ingame but not the welcome-screen.
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:15 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yelphos, the Welcome screen is locked for the most part. You can change the frame by altering /images/specialelements.dds, but the interior of the window is re-written from the server each time you log in.

Unless Drakah has done something different, the Start menu font is in ButtonStyles.start_menu, and the conversation buttons are in ProxyActor/Conversation. ReplyTemplate is the standard button and ReplyTemplateAlternate is the green button for special quest NPCs.

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

tyvm

i still can't figure out how to change the text size of the choice-boxes and the menu, every single value of point-size is changed and i also tryed different things onto other settings. i made the specific parts disapearing and affected them different ways but it didn't change in any matter the text-size. what do i wrong?
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

On the conversation buttons for example, you need to use a new font style that is associated with the button style. In ProxyActor, I started a simple button style that uses Zapf20 like this:

Code:
<ButtonStyle Name="text_temp" NormalTextColor="#F0D080" NormalTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf20" RStyleDefault="/ButtonStyles.BigRoundButton.biground_normal" />

and then replaced the style on the conversation button with it:

Code:
<Button AutoResize="true" Margin="15,10,15,10" MaximumSize="300,16384" MinimumSize="75,28" Name="ReplyTemplate" ScrollExtent="75,28" Size="75,28" Style="text_temp" TextMaxLines="255" Visible="false">:78406b312303306e:[DEVL]Tell me more about the person who stole your sword.</Button>

This gave the results shown below. You would need to fill out the other parts of the button style (pressed, mouseover, etc.) with the larger font to make it viable. Look in eq2ui_fonts.xml for some other font choices. I would also be fairly cautionary about changes like this -- you'll want to test it out with some longer responses to make sure they don't get cut off. I would also check to see how it works with many choice buttons -- talk to one of the guild harvester NPCs for example.

Unread 01-13-2013, 03:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

this made my day! now i can finish it with full enjoyable text-size in this game.

the cut-off and other problems are why i convert the entire eq2-integrated and default ui to sizes that match better on high resolutions with big text-size. most windows are resized now to fill in the bigger fonts but there are still a few elements i don't know how to change. it would be hard to fix every single line/bug but i think with a few non-adjusted things it wouldn't matter to anyone.

thank you very much

Last edited by Yelphos : 01-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.