EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Command parameter help. :/

I have looked for a list explaining how to use slash commands such as the one below for my macros to no avail. In particular I wanted to use this..

set_auto_consume %d 0 0 1 //Turn Auto-Consume Off
set_auto_consume %d 0 1 0
set_auto_consume %d 0 1 1 //Turn Auto-Consume Off
set_auto_consume %d 1 0 1 //Turn Auto-Consume On
set_auto_consume %d 1 1 0
set_auto_consume %d 1 1 1 //Turn Auto-Consume On

My main question is what does the %d stand for? The rest would probably need explaining too. :<

If someone knows of a guide to point me to that would be awesome since I couldn't find one myself.

Thanks!
Unread 04-22-2012, 03:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is to set toggle all my totems auto consume on and off. They are in my bags, but hopefully something can come from this.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Where did the syntax you posted above come from?

I haven't used that command before, but it should be something that can be figured out through trial and error. The syntax might be different for slot-based vs inventory use as well.
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Probably taken from the slash command thread.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

As Mr. Stix said, it came from the sticky at the top of this board.

I put it in as a slash command and EQ2 didn't reject it, but I have no idea how to manipulate it.

Totems in this game stack so I have about 12 of them running. I just wanted to make a macro to toggle the auto consume on and off. The auto-consume sometimes likes to hang up too, it is good to toggle to refresh it as a fix.

Anyways, I will play with it as much as I can and if I find the answer I will post. I am just not nearly as experienced at this kind of stuff as I am sure a lot of people who come here are so I thought I would just give asking for help a shot.

I found out what the %d is by digging around on this forum but it really doesn't make sense. %d is suppose to stand for decimal integer and I am not sure how that would apply in this circumstance.

Just as a wild guess from looking at the pattern I would assume

set_auto_consume %d 0 1 1 //Turn Auto-Consume Off
set_auto_consume %d 1 0 1 //Turn Auto-Consume On

the first value of 0 or 1 in the sequence would be on and off. 0 being off 1 being on. I am thinking that maybe the next one would stand for bag and then the final would stand for slot.. but with my luck I am probably wrong. Ima give it a try right now.

:3

Last edited by Turboscooter : 04-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Unread 04-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The decimal integer may refer to the itemid of the totem (item #s are integers). If you copy an item link from the came elsewhere you'll see the item# inside the link syntax.

Try finding the item # for a totem and then plug that in where %d is. I'm not quite sure what the 3 subsequent bits are... the first one clearly seems to be a on/off flag (1 being turn autoconsume on, 0 being turn it off) but the other two I'm not sure. They may have to do with whether the item is equipped or not or some other factor.
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ahh interesting! As soon as the Eq2 servers are back up I will put your theory to test. :3

Thanks!
Unread 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

What is it that you are trying to accomplish ?

If you can't figure out the command, I believe there is already a command to manually consume food or drink without doing the auto-consume method.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
What is it that you are trying to accomplish ?

If you can't figure out the command, I believe there is already a command to manually consume food or drink without doing the auto-consume method.
Not food and drinks.. I would do this for totems. When you run about 20 totems in your bag slots it would be nice to auto consume them off and on without having to do it manually.
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:30 PM
A Griffon

Do the alias commands still work or is this a dead subject since the last post was in 09?
If they do work could someone re-explain how to implement them please.
I tried the following

Made a macro with:
alias assist_tank:assist %t

Made a 2nd macro with /assist_tank

However; neither of the above work. Am I missing something or is this just not feasible any longer after these past few years.

Thanks
Accredo
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

works fine make sure to use the 1st macro with the tank targetted and then use /assist_tank think in a macro you don't need the slash but not 100 percent sure
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
works fine make sure to use the 1st macro with the tank targetted and then use /assist_tank think in a macro you don't need the slash but not 100 percent sure
Thanks Papabard for your reply. I'll give it another shot. Just one more question
In testing the alias macro, should I see the %t change to who I have targeted? I ask because I don't see it change. When I hit the alias marco, clear target and hit the Assist macro, I only target myself.
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
Thanks Papabard for your reply. I'll give it another shot. Just one more question
In testing the alias macro, should I see the %t change to who I have targeted? I ask because I don't see it change. When I hit the alias marco, clear target and hit the Assist macro, I only target myself.
no it simply writes an enviroment variable to the games envirorment called assist_tank playernamedwiththepercentt so basically it subs the %t with the player name into a new command called /assist_tank
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
no it simply writes an enviroment variable to the games envirorment called assist_tank playernamedwiththepercentt so basically it subs the %t with the player name into a new command called /assist_tank
Nope I can't seem to get it to work. It's so simple yet for some reason does not work.

1st Macro; command line: alias assist_tank:assist %t

2nd Macro; command line: /assist_tank or assist_tank

I can write all kinds of fancy macros until I pass out and all will work but this one just won't work. Of course this one is probably the most valuable one to have also if one hates having to change the MT/MA names all the time as I do.
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Why aren't you using a slash in front of the /alias command?
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:

/alias assist_tank:assist %t would be the command I didn't notice he didn't have the slash in his example.
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Ugg... ya know how ya focus to hard on one thing and miss the obvious? Well I saw the tree but missed the forest completely!

Thx Drum and Papabard for the 2nd and 3rd set of eyes. Will give it a try again tonight.

Accredo
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Pretty sure this thread got way off topic.. -.-

Last edited by Turboscooter : 05-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.