EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-10-2014, 09:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Unhappy Fonts are way too big now, I dun goofed

Alright, so. I found this rather nice mod called 1080p, and thought, "Hey, this will work great!" because sometimes I have headaches so terrible they mess up my vision. Bigger font is great. But it made it too big. When I hail someone it takes up a good part of my screen. But that's not a problem, because I installed it to a custom UI directory, and thought all I had to do to revert changes was uninstall the mod. Nothing on the core game was replaced.

It turns out I was wrong. All the NPCs still say things in HUGE TEXT BOXES. They go off my screen, and up and down, left and right. SO HUGE. I even uninstalled the custom UI, went to the default UI, and it remained the same. Everyone in the game is shouting at me now.

My question: does EQ2 store the text settings in a hidden cache somewhere that I can delete and reset? I've looked and cannot find anything. Thanks!
Unread 08-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Assuming you've indeed gone back to the default UI (deleted the custom one and/or removed the reference to it from your eq2.ini), the thing that leaps to mind is your servername_charname_eq2_uisettings.xml might be storing a change that was caused by using that custom UI.

What I would do is try renaming that uisettings file for your character; that will reset all windows to their defaults. If that doesn't work, then run a full file scan in the patcher just to be safe.
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Gave that a shot, and tried running the patcher to validate files. No go, which makes me think they're being run from somewhere else. Tried copying the default .xml files from a freshly reinstalled Default folder and telling the game to run that via eq2.ini, no go. (I obtained the fresh Default folder by simply deleting it all and launching the patcher). Tried deleting the cache directory, no go. Tried deleting app-cache.dat, no go. Removed the entire UI folder and my xml files for character settings, no go. Checking %appdata% now to find where it stores local settings, if any.
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fixed.
For future reference if anyone ever has the problem with chat bubbles being too huge:

in your EQ2 folder, there is EQ2_recent.ini
There is a line,
bubble_fontsize XX
where XX is a number. This controls the chat bubble font size. Mine was set to a wopping 40. 15-18 or there abouts seems to be the normal default it was at. I CAN SEE AGAIN.