EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Cool My EQ2 Maps don't work after GU #57 :(

I started having difficulty with the EQ2 Maps in the new EQ2 Extended Alpha on the test server. I couldn't get them to work properly although I could see them with the POIs on them. But the Search function was not working, nor was the Light Trail generating when I clicked on a map POI.

Now that GU #57 has been installed with the new UI, they don't work in my regular game either. I've tried re-running all the maps (which appeared to be working) in the Updater, then I removed the entire EQ2 Map Updater from the PC, made sure all the files and folders were out of the special UI folder I had created for EQ2 Maps in my EQ2 game folder, and reran the Map Updater. Still no go! I've discovered the game is substituting it's own internal map system over my EQ2 Maps, and the regular game maps lack the POIs, obviously. They also lack the search function that EQ2 Maps has obviously. However, strangely enough, the EQ2 Map interface appears in the game, making it appear that they are working. It's very frustrating. I guess I am very dependant on my wonderful EQ2 Map Updater search function, and I'm lost without it. I hope you folks can find a solution to this problem. I'm running Windows XP, nVidia GeForce 8800 and don't think that's the issue. This new Game Update supposedly makes it possible to see POIs for a specific quest if the quest is checked in the Log and appears in the Quest Helper, but that doesn't work. The regular game maps DO show a highlighted area where the quest log has open quests, but it's useless if you can't do a search on a mob name and then get a light trail to it. Those missing light trails are a pain! HELP!
Unread 08-21-2010, 05:05 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default same here too

I'm having the same problem too i'm using the drumsui but after uninstalling that to see if there was some sort of conflict my poi search still never worked with the default ui it wasn't working with my profitui either
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having a similar issue, my guess is it's a combination of the new 'quest area highlight' function as well as the red & blue UI options. I can't get the UI to stay on blue after logging out without entering a custom eq2.ini line for it. My EQ2MAPS maps are showing about 1 out of 5 logins, but with the custom line entered for the blue UI it's not even showing. Someone in-game said I have to have EQ2MAPS pointed to the Default_Blue folder, that mean the entire thing has to be installed there now?
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Default EQ2 Maps not working after Latest GU with new default UI

I am also having this issue. I run Vista Home Premium (64) I have tried uninstalling eq2 maps completely and deleting the associated file folder and did a clean install but no go. I have tried running eq2 maps as an administrator but that still did not fix it. I am lost in game without my maps as I can't navigate my way out of a paper bag. It is very frustrating. I don't use any mods at all, just the default game ui (which I HATE the new one with a passion). Eq2 maps is the only mod I have ever used, but I don't really consider it a mod, and now it no longer works. Zones I used to have maps for I no longer do. I don't have any POI's, no eq2maps frame, only the default game map which sucks royally for trying to locate things and for seeing which group member is which becasue they are all over sized blue dots. Is there any word on why this is not working for some of us and how to fix it if there is a fix? If there isn't a fix I hope they will implement one and quick!
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Have you checked Options User Interface Map Window and made sure New Map System is checked?
Unread 08-25-2010, 07:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi,

Yes I have the box checked, tried unchecking it and it didn't work either checked or unchecked. In fact trying to run the map updater with it unchecked gave me an error message so I rechecked the box and it still doesn't work
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:37 PM
A Brown Bear

I fixed it!! I looked at the options and noticed in the eq2map program options there was a "UI Directory" option drop down list. This drop down list had a "default_blue" option. It was previously set to EQ2MAP. I've never had to change this option before but I was curious to see if it would make a difference changing this to Default_blue. So I changed it, re-downloaded all the files and low and behold not only did it fix my maps but I am now set to default blue in the game as I prefer, so I am VERY happy now and hope this will help others as well.