Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Someone post up a fully uncovered TS map and we can edit it up a lil. I just had a problem with someone claiming something that they have no right to, we can use any map.
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

Jeez, what a mess.

I'm gonna integrate the blackburrow map Tony did.

I'll do Forest Ruins later today, then we need it iconized (and any other newbie areas) before our first official release.

I claim no "ownership" of the maps used in our eq2ui_mainhud.map.xml, they are all originally someone elses work (a good number of them SOE's). In the readme included with qm_map_10.zip *************** is acknowledged for its great maps and information. As far as I'm concerned, any UI stuff is property of SOE. If they were to take this map window, and release it as if they had made it, I wouldn't make a peep.

As for Antonica, Mr. Bobble made it sound like you could replace Antonica, Commonlands, etc. but it may reset the fog layer so I haven't been willing to risk it yet.

Now, I'm dealing with flash floods here, so I'll be back to this subject this evening. After the first official release, my plan is to get maybe 2 higher level zones done per week.

Quib
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

here is Ruins of Varsoon
split into two pieces, west and east. Should line up perfectly.

EDIT: original creator was greedy.

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-17-2005 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:08 PM
a hedgehog

Here is fallen gate
Attached Files
File Type: zip FallenGate.zip (93.7 KB, 253 views)
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Definately an interesting issue. Do we use someones work in these forums without permission? Would the maps be any different? What if they have errors in them?

It looks like we can place icons on the map using the formula so we just need 3D locs. I'll try to hit Forest Ruins tonight and get a set of locs for the different areas if no one beats me to it. Do we need 3D locs for Down Below and Vermin Snye?

http://www.darniaq.com/EQ2/Maps/eq2maps.htm Good maps here too.

Last edited by sunthas : 01-10-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 01-10-2005, 01:01 PM
a hedgehog

Quib,
what were all the things you did to reduce file size? i removed mip maps and alpha layer, but im obviously forgetting something. My files are 257k and yours are 129k...
Unread 01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default So when can we expect a final product?

Anytime soon ;-)?????
Unread 01-10-2005, 01:36 PM
A Griffon

Don't remove the alpha layer, just save as DXT1 ARGB (1 bit alpha), No MIP maps.

Quib
Unread 01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
These maps are free for anyone to use as they see fit. More will become available in time. The style I am developing may not appeal to everyone though, so please be sure to check out the excellent alternatives.
That link I gave a few posts above would be a great one to use for some of the maps.
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
A Berserk Golem

Okay got lost a bit in this thread trying to keep up but kinda hard now that there are like 2 separate types at lest under development.

I was wondering if I read correctly earlier, If some of the maps are loaded down from the server when we enter the zone and not stored directly on our machine then why not create the map pins part of the ui to trigger for specific maps when in that zone.

example...
I enter Stormhold goto level 3, when I bring up the map it loads from the server but my ui now knows it's ok to display the map pins for this map so they show up over this newly downloaded map. This way no one would have a need to modify the maps at all just create the pin as an xml file with the locations for each pin.

No maps mean smaller files and no one has to worry about stepping on anyones toes about copyright blah blah.

And I really favor the current maps project that is using the existing maps ui with the extra tab for the custom maps.

Don't get me wrong both versions are really nice and everyone is to be commended on all the hard work they are doing.

I havn't updated my maps in a while since I pretty much lost track of where I am lol if I had a link to the latest complete version I might try to get in on the effort again.
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

All ---> try to understand me right. I think you all are doing great work with this mod, use in game maps, make you own, make it twice better than i do, but dont take my work, dont remove my signatures from it and dont put it as you work. Even in my caountry this is forbidden. You ask me by email if you can use my maps i said NO, i can be unpleasant and can say NO. Its the same i wont use you maps. I got permisions on all maps on my site.

There are 3 kind of maps i got:
first: in game screenshots as this one http://www.***************/eq2/maps.asp?ID=6 i can only ask not to take it i cant force you this maps are modified but this is screenshot.

second: like this one http://www.***************/eq2/maps.asp?ID=13 is partialy taken form game but is composed and mdified by me. I dont sell this maps you can use them for free from my site, but you cant take them to your aplication. Wa can all got own point of view but its unleagal.

third: like this one http://www.***************/eq2/maps.asp?ID=54 is all in 100% my own work every pixel (even erorrs . Think about it as of copyrighted photo you stole from my service. Every, even stupid lawyer will tell you that is thievery. Its out of question.
I said it again THERE IS NO PERMISION OF USING MY WORK. I wont stop it. i got 100% roghts to this image, even you modify it.

Sorry i am unable to read all you write with all irony, or otherm moods, just please remove all my work from your mod and replace it with you maps.
Proper maps !!! all my maps are modified, are a bit diverent from original locations it is no problem forme to show you all errors becouse all maps were made with using very accurate coordinates from game, and you will have to visit his places by your own to check it. (i am not so stupid as you think).
I made over 300 maps im my live to lot of Polish game guides and if i am doing my own map i always make little diference.

Dolby ---> i send you email, please read it if you got free time.

Quib ---> i bring my nationality to point as hard is to talk about copyright low with you english speakers. I have to sound as a moron, but i am not i just cant speak good your great language.

Killarny ---> Steve Stair (Mostal) is one of us. I write it to make honor for him to make so great map. Look at unrechable area ther arent on oryginal in game map.
You should point at other text that is on that map: "Please dont take this map out of http://www.***************/eq2/index.asp" and the other text "But under no circumstances can you take them from our site - just link to us if you find it useful. " and the other text "All Rights Reserved". To he truth i got (R) and (C) for ***************, and www.*************** not known to english speakers is bigest www site about gaming in Poland (i know thaw we are small country), we are deveopers of www aplications, games, and multimedia products and many more.
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Alright any images taken directly from SoulPl's webpage need to be deleted guys. Even though he may have some maps from screen shots its still not right to use them if he doesnt want you to use them. The changes he made are his changes and its not right to take them even if the source is from sony. Its his time and effort that was used to re-color the map. I must stress that if you dont get permission to use some ones maps you should not use them.

Keep in mind work posted on our site is ok for others to use in their interface as long as proper credit is given to the author. These rules dont apply to other webpages like SoulPl's. So its not ok to just use those images unless he says its ok.

I'll be deleteing all threads on this topic so that people can get back to working on this mod with new maps.

ps. If some one wants a high contrast version of TS send me a SOE screen shot and I can do it in photoshop.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-10-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Dolby ---> thank you, it will be honor for me to make link on my page to your very good web site. cya in better times
Unread 01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Thank you for the mature explanation of your point of view, SoulPl. I would have to agree with you on many of your points, now that you have presented it in a coherent fashion.

Please be assured, nobody here is going to try to take advantage of you because of your nationality, and I am fairly certain that nobody wants to steal anyone elses work.

I am sure that this issue can be resolved in a calm and orderly manner - please have some patience.

I would like to point out that nobody is laughing at you - but your previous attitude in your posts was not the most constructive way to approach a group of people. Of course, when attacked in such a way, anyone will become instantly defensive.

Now that you have presented your case in a calm manner, I am confident that you will see better results.
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:07 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
Thank you for the mature explanation of your point of view, SoulPl. I would have to agree with you on many of your points, now that you have presented it in a coherent fashion.

Please be assured, nobody here is going to try to take advantage of you because of your nationality, and I am fairly certain that nobody wants to steal anyone elses work.

I am sure that this issue can be resolved in a calm and orderly manner - please have some patience.

I would like to point out that nobody is laughing at you - but your previous attitude in your posts was not the most constructive way to approach a group of people. Of course, when attacked in such a way, anyone will become instantly defensive.

Now that you have presented your case in a calm manner, I am confident that you will see better results.
/agreed

/apologize SoulPL

Unread 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

If someone can get me a rough drawing and some coordinates for some of these dungeons I can draw up some rooms in autocad so it will be a very nice, proporianate map.
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
a hedgehog

this map pack has all maps i ported to the empty map window Quib made (i think it was quib...).

all maps are 129k (thanks quib)

included:
Blackburrow (3 lvls)
Vermin's Snye
by http://www.fo0bar.org/everquest2.html

maps not included are fallen gate, and ruins of varsoon.
(need to find a non-copywrited ones)

ill edit this post to upload the other ones
Attached Files
File Type: zip BB,VS.zip (280.3 KB, 257 views)
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Killarny + Eloa + All ---> sorry for all my not nice worlds (i wish you not have to talk like me on chinese forum). All talk about all with Dolby i wish you good luck with making maps.

I can tell you how i make my maps

first i turn in game chat loging ON
i made macro in game "/loc" and bind it on "1" key. then i walk around dungeon pressing "1" all the time try to be close to walls (its not always possible but it works good). In compliated places i move few times pressing "1". Then i log out of game, copy game log content to MS Word, run parsing macro that removes all other things than coordinates. (its easy, or you can make your own progrm for parssing).Then i import this coordinates to acad, join all adjacent points. Then export as a raster image to photo finishing application and draw maps. Then i will mark few significant locations in game put it on my map to make proper scale for coordinates.

Thats all have nice play with it
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPl
I can tell you how i make my maps

first i turn in game chat loging ON
i made macro in game "/loc" and bind it on "1" key. then i walk around dungeon pressing "1" all the time try to be close to walls (its not always possible but it works good). In compliated places i move few times pressing "1". Then i log out of game, copy game log content to MS Word, run parsing macro that removes all other things than coordinates. (its easy, or you can make your own progrm for parssing).Then i import this coordinates to acad, join all adjacent points. Then export as a raster image to photo finishing application and draw maps. Then i will mark few significant locations in game put it on my map to make proper scale for coordinates.

Thats all have nice play with it
I was totally going to do this a few weeks ago. but I was going to put it in excel and scatter graph it.
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:28 PM
A Griffon

Default Down Below 1 & 2

Here is my first attempt at making .dds maps. This is down below, I don't know if anyone did it or not. Either way is this a good way to do the map or am I failing short? be harsh if you want, I'm learning here. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: dds downbelow1.dds (128.1 KB, 254 views)
File Type: dds downbelow2.dds (128.1 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by sunthas : 01-10-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:31 PM
a hedgehog

SoulPl,
can we get the names of the parser/acad program you use?

Sunthas, those look great!

eq2 parser made just for maps :

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;

my %damagetype;
my %damagetype_damage;
my %mobs;
my %mobs_damage;
my %attacks;
my %attacks_damage;
my %species_resists;
my %attack_resists;
my %kills;
my $battlestart = 0;
my $battlestop = 0;
my $totalbattlelength = 0;
my $totaldamage = 0;
my $deathblows = 0;
my $numbattles = 0;
my $nowfighting = 0;

if (!($ARGV[0])) { print "usage: perl parser.pl logfile.txt\n"; exit; }

my $logfile = $ARGV[0];

open(LOGFILE, "<$logfile") || die "can't open $logfile!!\n";

while (<LOGFILE>) {
	if (m/YOUR (.*?) hits (.*?) for (\d*) points of (.*?) damage./ || m/YOU (hit) (.*?) for (\d*) points of (.*?) damage./) {
		$attacks{$1}++;
		$attacks_damage{$1} += $3;
		$mobs{$2}++;
		$mobs_damage{$2} += $3;
		$damagetype{$4}++;
		$damagetype_damage{$4} += $3;
		if ($nowfighting) {
			$totaldamage += $3;
		}
	} elsif (m/You have killed (.*?).$/) {
		$deathblows++;
		$kills{$1}++;
	} elsif (m/YOU try to (.*?) (.*?) with (.*?), but (.*?) resists./) {
		my $method = $1;
		my $target = $2;
		my $attack = $3;
		$species_resists{$2}++;
		$attack_resists{$3}++;
	} elsif (m/] (.*?) tries to (.*?) YOU with (.*?), but YOU resist./) {

} elsif (m/\((.*?)\)\[(.*?)\] You start fighting./) {
		$nowfighting = 1;
		$numbattles++;
		$battlestart = $1;
	} elsif (/\((.*?)\)\[(.*?)\] You stop fighting./) {
		$nowfighting = 0;
		$battlestop = $1;
		$totalbattlelength += ($battlestop - $battlestart);
	}
}

close LOGFILE;

while ( my ($targets, $hits) = each(%mobs) ) {
	print "You damaged $targets $hits times; total: $mobs_damage{$targets}, avg: ". int($mobs_damage{$targets}/$hits) .".\n";
}

print "\n";
while ( my ($attack, $uses) = each(%attacks) ) {
	print "Your $attack hit $uses times; total: $attacks_damage{$attack}, avg: ".int($attacks_damage{$attack}/$uses).".\n";
}
print "\n";
while ( my ($type, $blasts) = each(%damagetype) ) {
	print "You used $type damage $blasts times; total: $damagetype_damage{$type}, avg: ".int($damagetype_damage{$type}/$blasts).".\n";
}
print"\n";
while (my($killed, $killcount) = each(%kills)) {
	print "You dealt the deathblow $killcount times on $killed.\n";
}
print "$deathblows deathblows total.\n";

if (%species_resists) {  # this stuff will only show up for mages and maybe priests.
	print "\n";
	while (my($species, $resists) = each(%species_resists)) {
		print "$species resisted you $resists times.\n";
	}
}

if (%attack_resists) {
	print "\n";
	while (my($attack, $resists) = each(%attack_resists)) {
		print "your $attack was resisted $resists times.\n";
	}
}

print "\n";
print "you fought in $numbattles battles for a total of $totalbattlelength seconds, \n";
print "dealing $totaldamage damage in that time.\n\n";
print "your average DPS is: ". ($totaldamage / $totalbattlelength) . ".\n";
this is Perl...the website is
http://naikrovek.org/index.php?cat=3
Attached Files
File Type: xml mapper.xml (1.2 KB, 261 views)

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-10-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Unread 01-10-2005, 04:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

parser is a simple MS Word macro - you will do it in 15 minutes. Just find example of /loc command efect in log file. Its all the time the exact same message + coordiantes. Select find and replace (or replace if you gor MSO 2003), select more in this window and chceck... more o can help you becouse i got Polish Version with Polish commands. But it will something like that (starting text)?(few leters form next text from log) - where "?" means for MS Word "one or more any character" - its for coordinates. An mate this sequence ITALIC in all text then replace all NONE ITALIC text to "space" then replace "space space" for "space", then remove text from begining and and.
If you try you will see that is much easier then my "idiotic" english

Or say please to any begining programer he will make this parser for you in 20 minutes. Its simple text parser with simple conditions.

We use (i thing) Autodesk Acad 10 with some additions, but you can use any software that let you inset numeric coordinates as a source text file.

Or say "please" to middle advanced programer for simple C++ software to draw points on screen from list of coordinates. Its about 2h of work.
Then mape "print screen" from this and paste to any raster graphic aplication.

I got Photoshop at work but there are some very good free applications as Paint Shop Pro in trial version http://www.jasc.com/products/paintsh...ptrialreg.asp?
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
a hedgehog

cool...i like the word idea. As for inputing the locs, i guess i gotta go get autocad or something...i WILL do this if i find an easy way to input the locs and points...

Sunthas, what did you use for that down below map?
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

I have autocad and can draw them up if noone else has it, It's $1,000+, so you shouldnt just run out and grab it just for this...unless your a rich (@&#$ then you can just send some $$$ to me while you're at it.
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
this is Perl...the website is
http://naikrovek.org/index.php?cat=3
The script is ment to be run from a shell. So if you have a linux box you can play with this. I dont know much about perl (php guy) and did try to get this to run off the webpage.

So if any one wants to write something in cgi (or php) I'd be happy to host it. I have GD2 and ImageMagik installed. Or if some one can write a windows program so people can just do it on their own machine that would be good to.
Closed Thread