EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2maps-nothing happens !

I have followed scrupulously the instructions for the installation of the eq2maps interface (myui folder, new eq2.ini text file in directory). Everything went smoothly, no error msg. And yet nothing happens. I still see the official maps when i hit the map key. Am i missing sthing ?

Thxs for ur help.
Unread 04-25-2006, 07:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Did you install the eq2map updater into your custom UI folder? If you did, there's your problem.

The EQ2Map Updater should be installed like any normal application (in your C:\Program Files directory. Then once it's there, run it (cancel the update it tries to do) and set the necessary paths it needs. Then hit Update to 'patch' all the missing files (mainly maps and PoI's) which should go into your custom UI directory.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 04-26-2006, 04:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for ur help, Lazarus. But the eq2map updater was installed automatically in the Program Files Directory, separately from the game files; therefore, I dont think that the problem lies there.

I have first downloaded the updating version of the eq2map mod. It ran and updated itself successfully and launched EQ2. But still no trace ôf the new maps. Then I downloaded and installed the non-updating version, created the necessary folder and text file, but in vain. It must some silly detail which I haven thought of and that isnt clearly specificated in the installation intructions.

Again, I would appreciate ur suggestions.
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i am getting diffrent prob. it installs then never launches the program. i get error ( the application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135).) i have just reinstalled windows on comp. am i missing somekind of program that lets me run the program in full?

Last edited by bman22a : 04-26-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merryweather
Thanks for ur help, Lazarus. But the eq2map updater was installed automatically in the Program Files Directory, separately from the game files; therefore, I dont think that the problem lies there.

I have first downloaded the updating version of the eq2map mod. It ran and updated itself successfully and launched EQ2. But still no trace ôf the new maps. Then I downloaded and installed the non-updating version, created the necessary folder and text file, but in vain. It must some silly detail which I haven thought of and that isnt clearly specificated in the installation intructions.

Again, I would appreciate ur suggestions.
I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you didn't pick the same language as you did installing EQ2. Make sure you have the eq2map in the correct UI directory, look in a directory that looks like LP_REGEION_??_??.
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman22a
i am getting diffrent prob. it installs then never launches the program. i get error ( the application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135).) i have just reinstalled windows on comp. am i missing somekind of program that lets me run the program in full?
.NET maybe? :P I agree it's a pain but /shrug people use it
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

what do you mean by .net?
Unread 04-26-2006, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

That was it, Landiin. I have indeed an edition of the game in a foreign language (so much for my efforts to sound like a perfect English speaker, lol). I chose the LP_REGION_EN_US folder in the Language menu and the files were updated to the corrrect location.

Thanks for ur help.

Another question: the maps appear witht the fog still on. Is there a way to get rid of it ?!
Unread 04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman22a
what do you mean by .net?
.NET is a set of run time library files ( or something like that )that Microsoft puts out to make it easier for people to program net application. They are an optional download you have to have from Microsoft in order to use that EQ2Map updater.
Unread 04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merryweather
That was it, Landiin. I have indeed an edition of the game in a foreign language (so much for my efforts to sound like a perfect English speaker, lol). I chose the LP_REGION_EN_US folder in the Language menu and the files were updated to the corrrect location.

Thanks for ur help.

Another question: the maps appear witht the fog still on. Is there a way to get rid of it ?!
You are welcome!

You can turn the fog off by unchecking the checkbox labeled Map Fog in the upper right hand side of the map window.
Unread 04-27-2006, 05:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
You can turn the fog off by unchecking the checkbox labeled Map Fog in the upper right hand side of the map window.
I believe that only works on city maps. Anywhere else in the world, you will need to explore the zone. :P

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"