EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-09-2006, 04:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Having huge problems with Hinton's UI (including Infinite Chat Windows)

I am only using Hinton's UI and EQ2Map.

After getting everything set up once I logged out and later, back in.

1. Each time I log back in I get a random new empty chat window. The number of random chat windows INCREASES EVERY TIME I log in. I am currently at 5 chat windows and each time I log in a new random chat window appears. They have no name in the "chat options" panel and it is VERY DIFFICULT to get them to attach to another window (as a tab so I can remove them). The only way to get them to attach is to open up the window settings for each one and hitting OK (I don't have to change anything, just have to open window settings and hit OK). They will then attach to a regular chat window and I can remove the tabs, but they will be back + 1 next login!

2. The arrows that let you go from tab to tab in your chat no longer work.

3. My maintained effects window is gone. I had it on the side of the screen after initially setting it up and I had put the window opaque. After logging in the first time (and seeing the first new random chat window) I no longer have my maintained effects window. Hitting alt+m does nothing.
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Have you tried using Hinton's latest version? here

If you have and you still have problems with your chat windows I'm wondering if the problem is your locat ui ini file for that charater. Try making a new charater, then login and out a couple times and see if you have the same issues with the chat windows. If you do then you'll need to delete some ini files (will let you know when you report back).
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:41 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

I have been having the similar problem using Thor, although thankfully it's only one chatwindow which drops straight into another and can be removed. Think I'll probably get annoyed enough with it in the end to delete the .ini and reset up my Ui I have a different set up on other toons and only one of those has this happen. Strange /shakes head.
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Well I did keep getting infinite windows (I think it topped out at around 26 chat windows) but ultimately wiping my ui settings file solved everything. I was and still am using the very latest version of the UI.

Now I always keep a copy of my ui settings file so in case anything ever happens I can go back to the copy which should not only be working but also has all of my window positions saved!