EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The auto-updater works great. I ran it through a bunch of scenarios. Works on Win98SE, works when you put it in the WAY wrong folder. Kinda chokes when you read-only the XML files, but only pops up 1 error message, but this situation should never occur.

However, it's not ready for public consumption because there's still a few problems with the generated XML format:
- All 3 blackburrow levels have the wrong internal zone name set. Level 1 is _0, level 2 is _1, level 3 is _2.
- Line returns are the wrong type. Right now they're the 1 hex character "0A" type line return, when they should be "0D 0A" instead. Not sure how this needs to be fixed.
- Big problem; gaps exist in every OnHoverIn property. Here's an example:
Code:
OnHoverIn="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.WC_Titlebar.QM_LocEntr y.QM_LocText.LocalText=pathfindlocation Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.WC_Titlebar.QM_LocEntr y.QM_LocPath.pathfindlocation=pathfindlocation"
There's a gap between "r" and "y" in the word QM_LocEntry which breaks functionality.

After these things get resolved, we should be good to go.

Quib
Unread 02-27-2005, 07:19 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle

try re running the updater and checking icons_qey_adv01_oakmyst.xml. the space was just a typo and i switch the new lines in the php from \n to \r. if that is the wrong line break then it has to be \n\r i think.
Unread 02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

re-run the updater again and check oakmyst. \r\n makes the 0D 0A Line breaks.

also let me know how blackburrow should be and how it is right now and i will fix it.
Unread 02-27-2005, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

From everything I've read in these posts and seen in the screenshots this is an amazing advancement to these UI mods. Thank You Taco-Man and the Rest of the MAP team for putting all of this time into making this mod the best mod ever done for an Online game.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-27-2005, 08:03 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

taco, i f'd something up...i changed the internals for BB's and now they arent generating. Didnt mess with the code at all so it might have been messed up before. I gotta go so if you wanna take a look and try to fix, go for it.
Unread 02-27-2005, 08:37 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

what did you do exactly?

Last edited by taco-man : 02-27-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Unread 02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
A Griffon

Blackburrow Level 1's intername name is blackburrow_1, but it should be blackburrow_0
Level 2 is blackburrow_2, but it should be blackburrow_1
Level 3 is blackburrow_3, but it should be blackburrow_2

Only Oakmyst has the proper line breaks so far, but thank you, they're perfect.

The space in the word QM_LocEntry is still wrong for the second half of the OnHoverIn; you fixed the first time, per icon, that it occurs, but the messed up space occurs twice per icon. Again, this is only half fixed for Oakmyst, no other XML (yet, I assume).

Also, for the main page object, to match up with EQ2's standards, the properties should be in order alphabetically.
1Location="Blackburrow Level 2" Name="blackburrow_1" AbsorbsInput="false"
should be
1Location="Blackburrow Level 2" AbsorbsInput="false" Name="blackburrow_1"

Quib
Unread 02-27-2005, 09:21 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

i cant figure out why it wont generate the blackburrow files but i fixed the space and the order of properties.
Unread 02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

ok i figured it out eloa. The files werent "CHMODed" correctly so it wasnt letting the server write to the file. I also went ahead and changed the CHMOD for the folder they are in as well so that new files can be created if they dont exist and i added a function to create the new file if there isnt one for the zone when it generates it.

The blackburrow files should be the right numbers now check them quib. and go ahead and delete the blackburrow_3.xml since there isn't a _3 anymore.

EDIT: OK all the maps should be the right line breaks and order and not have spaces in bad spots, let me know if they dont.

Last edited by taco-man : 02-27-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Unread 02-27-2005, 11:34 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

If all is well and everyone agrees with me...open beta?
Unread 02-27-2005, 11:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

hi looks good so can we download and try it? and if yes, which file and path where the files go?

Lady1
Unread 02-27-2005, 11:56 PM
A Griffon

Lookin' good. A few more formatting things and it's all ready.

First, for each Icon object, we need to make sure they're the following format:
Location="integer,integer"

On some auto-generated XMLs they're generating as:
Location="integer, integer"
Notice the space between the comma and the second integer. Maybe a catch to remove spaces during generation is all that's needed?

pathfindlocation isn't quite right. Hopefully this won't require any hand editing of entries, just a scripting change somewhere. It should look like this:
pathfindlocation="number, number, number"
Notice there ARE spaces. Most, if not all, auto-generating XMLs are lacking these spaces.

More importantly, there needs to be a few more checks placed when creating the Icon name. They need to be stripped of any punctuation and symbols. numbers and letters is all that should be allowed. The reason I bring this up is I came across a few Icons with names that had a slash or a comma in them, and this'll cause trouble down the road for the project.

Quib
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:03 AM
A Griffon

I feel it's safe to do an open beta for it. People will need to understand they may lose some POIs until we get outdoor zonerects and other data in the database properly though.

Quib
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:08 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Lookin' good. A few more formatting things and it's all ready.

First, for each Icon object, we need to make sure they're the following format:
Location="integer,integer"

On some auto-generated XMLs they're generating as:
Location="integer, integer"
Notice the space between the comma and the second integer. Maybe a catch to remove spaces during generation is all that's needed?

pathfindlocation isn't quite right. Hopefully this won't require any hand editing of entries, just a scripting change somewhere. It should look like this:
pathfindlocation="number, number, number"
Notice there ARE spaces. Most, if not all, auto-generating XMLs are lacking these spaces.

More importantly, there needs to be a few more checks placed when creating the Icon name. They need to be stripped of any punctuation and symbols. numbers and letters is all that should be allowed. The reason I bring this up is I came across a few Icons with names that had a slash or a comma in them, and this'll cause trouble down the road for the project.

Quib
hopefully eloa can look into this because i wont be able to do any more on this project until at least wednesday.
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:10 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
hopefully eloa can look into this because i wont be able to do any more on this project until at least wednesday.
No worries, this is mostly small stuff. What you've done with the auto-updater is amazing!

Quib
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:42 AM
A Berserk Golem

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
More updates, i couldnt get it to look exactly how i wanted because visual studio doesnt let you change the style of the scrollbar, and for some reason text boxes can't have a background image (but of course almost everything else can, like labels, buttons, ect.) so it just made a frame to go around the text box and set the text box's background to a better color.
Great News for you Taco Visual Basic .Net 2005 does! I use Stardock WindowBlinds and use the new Visual Basic .Net 2005 and all the new scrollbars and textboxes use what ever Skin Style my Windowblinds is using.

Send me an e-mail and perhaps we can talk about 2005 a bit.

[email protected]

Remember though VB.Net 2005 is still in beta and My installshield 10 Express doesn't recognise it as valid.

Also Taco, you could make the window borderless and add a graphical command button for the exit, making it even prettier.

Last edited by Corren Silverfir : 02-28-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Unread 02-28-2005, 01:05 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corren Silverfir
Great News for you Taco Visual Basic .Net 2005 does! I use Stardock WindowBlinds and use the new Visual Basic .Net 2005 and all the new scrollbars and textboxes use what ever Skin Style my Windowblinds is using.

Send me an e-mail and perhaps we can talk about 2005 a bit.

[email protected]

Remember though VB.Net 2005 is still in beta and My installshield 10 Express doesn't recognise it as valid.

Also Taco, you could make the window borderless and add a graphical command button for the exit, making it even prettier.
eventually i will do that, i tried to not spend too much time on the graphics part yet, and focused more on functionality because i was trying to have something that could be tested by this weekend, and i barely managed to do it. its worked fine for the most part luckily, all the fixes that have been needed are for the generation done with php by the webserver.

thanks for the info, i will have to talk to you about it, but i am going to be extremely busy until at least wednesday (but it could be even longer)
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:05 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

How bout those default city icons quib. What did you have in mind for those. As it sits now, each freeport city will lose all icons but like 1 if we dont get those in here.
Unread 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

The newest version is at this post:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...6&postcount=19
and resolves that issue. Any icon pages using default icons should keep their default style icons but allow any new ones sbmitted to the database to show as well.

Quib
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:58 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Release: This is in testing status until the next official release. Until then there will be no technical support for this AT ALL. If you have a problem, post it in the troubleshooting thread that is sticky in the EQ2MAP forum. You may, but probably will NOT get a reply. You must have the version that is linked to in the post directly above this one.

http://maps.eq2interface.com/POI_fil...AP_Updater.zip

Quib. I'd say she's ready unless you see something else that has to be fixed before hand. I'm good for you to go ahead and stick it in the next official release whenever everything else for it is finished.

I hope you all enjoy this. It has been a lot of hard work getting everything together for this. We are well on our way to a 100% automatic system of updates for POI's, maps, and all EQ2MAP files.
Unread 02-28-2005, 01:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Impressive. I might have missed it, but are we going to allow the oldfashioned download system to work too, with updates monthly or something?
Unread 02-28-2005, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

I'm not sure we've decided yet Sunthas. We could go to a fully automated system where the auto updater grabs all files including map images and eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, or we could stay half-and-half where main updates are in the downloads section and just the icon pages auto update.

On another note, I've figured out a pretty accurate way to get the zonerect of default outdoor zones mapped by SOE (the ones with the black fog you have to uncover). Making an in-game calculator to make it as easy as possible to help us collect the zonerects of various zones.

Quib
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:24 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Just something to put on a todo list for the updater. Dont have to make it this release. Updates in the updater window. Generated from the db, or a text file made from the db.

again. Wonderful work!
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Downloaded the Updater and put it in the EQ2MAP folder, when I run it, for some reason it wipes out all of my POI's on Antotica (East, and West), Thundering Stepps from what I've seen so far. Is this a issue on my end or the Server?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Downloaded the Updater and put it in the EQ2MAP folder, when I run it, for some reason it wipes out all of my POI's on Antotica (East, and West), Thundering Stepps from what I've seen so far. Is this a issue on my end or the Server?
I think someone (Taco?) mentioned that the server-provided map POI files would be wiped out because the qebsite doesn't have zonerects for them (yet.)