Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Everquest launcher version and auto-updaters

Greetings,
First off this is an awsome program don't get me wrong there, but there is one slight issue I have found since Velious.
  • If you use the EQ2.exe to launch the game it downloads the files for the launcher to be the "Sentinal Fate" launcher.
  • If you use the Launcher.exe file to launch the game it uses the "Velious" launcher.
Note: I have tested this on 3 machines 1 with a new install and the 2 others are just upgraded with "Velious".

Now you ask how does this involve eq2maps? well, eq2maps by default will launch the EQ2.exe file to launch Everquest from the eq2maps launcher.

The fix for anyone wanting your "Velious" launcher back, put in your "Velious" disc and "repair" the existing install, it will check all your files and only upgrade the launcher file. Now just use your launcher file to launcher the game from now on and you will have your "Velious" launcher (this option can be set in the eq2maps options also)
(this fix also has been tested to fix the issue with Drumstixx updater also)

I didn't place this in the troubleshooting section because it's not really an issue, since either launcher will work for the game. Since I have walked a few people through this issue I thought I might as well post it just in-case anyone else wants the Velious launcher back.

Thanks,
Draven
Unread 06-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

What do you mean by the "Velious" launcher -- are you talking about a reskinning of the original launchpad 1 (the one that is the "Sentinel's Fate" launcher) or are you talking about it using the newer LP3 that has the big green play button in the top right?

I don't use a non-streaming version of LP3 so I'm not sure if it pulls down an EQ2.exe; since it does use the old (non-streaming, pak-based) asset list, it may be that it does and you'd have them together in the same folder. However the streaming version I know for a fact does not, and that'd be the only area where which patcher you used would be a problem (since the streaming LP3 and the old pak-based LP1 are incompatible).

To get back to your OP, is it just a matter of preference/look that you are going back to LP3 (the Velious-themed flash-based patcher) or is there some other reason behind it?

On a side note, I do agree that we should probably update the EQ2MAP auto-updater to check for newer patchers first or somehow present a list for you to choose from (that second option would probably help folks that have multiple installs of EQ2 without knowing it as well). I'm not the programmer of the updater unfortunately, but I can try to bring that up and see if it's a change that would be reasonable to implement.
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Person preference for me since i have seen the sentinal fate launcher long enough, time for new scenery.

For others i have helped fix this issue, i am not sure why they like it to be the Velious launcher.
The two launchers i mean are the ones that come with the eq2 discs, both look "almost" the same but look a bit different and such.

My OP was more of a info, take it or leave it kinda thing No disrespect is meant.
Unread 06-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven_Caine View Post
My OP was more of a info, take it or leave it kinda thing No disrespect is meant.
None taken, I was just curious why there were two different versions of the launch pad in the same install
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

I still can't seem to get the Velious patcher working and by the time I do, the next expansion will probably be out. I did not buy Velious in a box, but by digital download. I have no Launcher.exe file in my folder, only the EQ2.exe which launches the SF graphics. Lame.
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkai View Post
I still can't seem to get the Velious patcher working and by the time I do, the next expansion will probably be out. I did not buy Velious in a box, but by digital download. I have no Launcher.exe file in my folder, only the EQ2.exe which launches the SF graphics. Lame.
Do you have a Launchpad.exe there? If so use that.

If not, you can always download the new LP3 at the following link:
http://everquest2.com/download/everquest2-trial

Just install the "FULL" version over your existing install.
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Got it, however, I tried the 'Install a New Copy' and the 'Reinstall/Repair' options for the folder my game is in, but neither gave me a Launchpad.exe file. I then did an 'Install a New Copy' in an empty folder. Took a while to download, but I finally got a launcher file. It is not the 'Launcher' file but 'Launchpad'. Either way, it works now. Thanks
Unread 08-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah, their install process is very odd, for best results you need to install to a new folder (you can always move old files back in).

As for launcher.exe vs launchpad.exe -- they used to use launcher.exe but stopped using it, so now LaunchPad.exe is the file for the LP3 launcher.