EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:22 AM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default Working on UI still

New SageUi is basically done. I am just making new windows now which I have posted individually already. I will post the full SageUi shortly. Just have a few more windows to work on till I am satisfied it is again complete. Sorry it has taken so long but I want to make sure it is perfect before I repost.

Sage
Unread 03-25-2007, 05:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question

Went to DL the Journal piece seperately. There's some missing parts to the heritage/writs/quests. Is there a way that those tabs and a scroll bar could be interegated into the journal into a standalone or?

Thanks. For basically this and EQ2 Maps is all I need with the default UI and I'm a happy camper.
Unread 05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

I am having the same problem as Monika , other than that i am loving your work on this
Unread 05-07-2007, 12:52 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default how close

How close is ur UI to being release again. I liked this UI a lot and have since went to Profit. I see u updating lots of individuals pieces but want to wait for the whole thing. I'm sure you're busy working it and said it was close, I was just wondering how close
Unread 05-08-2007, 06:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Having the same issue with the quest journal as Monica_SK posted a few months back. Have latest version of your journal (downloaded it yesterday). Looking forward to any info or update that will help solve this issue with an otherwise great mod!
Unread 07-21-2007, 03:55 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Can't seem to get it working

Hey guys, I'm new here so bare with me :-)

I have downloaded this UI and followed the readme.txt word for word.

I just can't seem to get the UI to load at all. When I enter the world the interface elements are aligned according to the "SERVER_NAME_eq2_uisettings.ini" file but the mod doesn't seem to have loaded at all.

I am currently running the 7day trial download version of the game, although this appears to be the full game or could this be the cause?

I'll be registering shortly so I'll see what the situation is then.

Any help with this though would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242 View Post
You can delete the file eq2ui.loginscene.xml if you do not want to use the quick login scene mod. This mod allows you to login quickly and skip the updater and having to manually type in your password. You log in with just a click of the mouse by selecting your character from the list and clicking the "Just do it!" button. It fast and easy but if you are worried about entering password info onto your computer then just delete the above mentioned file. If you have a firewall and a virus scanner then your computer should be totally secure. I can't really see why anyone would hack someone's computer for an EQ2 password but I suppose it is possible. All passwords are saved on most computers when you click "Remember Password" after entering on at a site. This is encrypted but just as easy to hack if you computer isn't secure so I always recommend you use a firewall to prevent outsiders from getting to your info. If you are even using the standard Windows version you are safe and should not worry about this info being grabbed. Besides that no one doing a hack would be looking at this xml for a password anyways. Hope this makes you feel a bit more secure about using this mod. It is a great mod and very useful. You use the alternative Everquest launcher that is described in the instructions to bypass the updater to load directly into EQ2. Its way faster. You only run the updater when you know there was an update or patch. I usually do at least once a week and have never had a version error. I also watch the forums for when updates or patches are taking place so I know when to run the updater. Running it periodically keeps EQ2 updated sufficiently and prevents any errors.

Sage
I'm trying to install the 30-character login mod, but I'm a bit lost ... obviously with more than 12 chars you have at least two different accounts with two different logins, even if the passwords are the same. I've read through the readme install instructions and there isn't anything in there that I see about how to set this up to work with different accounts. Help, please!
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

Posted this in the forum connected to the SageUI quest journal mod as well, but can we expect an updated version of that soon to be both GU41 and RoK/T8 compliant (in the case of the extra tabs there)? I absolutely love this mod and it still works as is, but is outdated both info wise and now with the new collection checkbox addition in GU41.
Unread 12-30-2007, 06:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The instructions for installing this UI suggest that you should put your password in some XML file. You should be aware that should you do this and your account is hacked, SOE will not help you because you have exposed your password by doing as this author suggests.
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:45 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

If this fuctions like other login/shutdown mods that I found on here, it allows you to click a button to auto populate your user/pass & log in a character. The mods I use I know have the ability to click the button for your character, then type in your password if you choose not to enter it. However any mod has the "possibility" through malicious XML coding to grab ones login info. Once must make their own choices.
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy Im Such a N00b

Okay i know most people wont admit it but i am completely clueless, can somebody PLEASE give me super-fine, VERY detailed instructions on how to download / install this UI and make it work with my EQ2 game? i have no idea how to even BEGIN switching my original UI to a custom one! .. ALSO and MOST importantly im trying to find a mod that makes my in-game map show where all the named monsters spawn (along with maps of areas i dont have) does that come with this custom UI? if not, how can i get it? please help me.. if you cant post all instructions here, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help me.
- Rob
Unread 03-03-2008, 02:45 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

NMEAssassin,

There are already resources on the site that advise of what you are asking, try the following links:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php

Also, the map feature you were asking about sounds like EQ2MAP, which can be found here:

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/cat120.html