EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm having this exact same problem after installing DrumsUI for the first time and I don't understand your solution above.

When I was running through the installer or download, I saw a big warning that said "If you find yourself unable to type, go to... " and of course I clicked right through it expecting not to need it or if I needed it, I expected I'd be able to find it again. But for the life of me, I can't.

What did it say and where was it? I remember something about chat options.
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

all you need to do is go to your chat box and right click and go to window settings and make sure that its set to "frame & title" in the drop down box. should fix all issues.

Hope this helps
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master47805 View Post
all you need to do is go to your chat box and right click and go to window settings and make sure that its set to "frame & title" in the drop down box. should fix all issues.

Hope this helps
Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. I had actually found it by installing DrumsUI on another system, but only a few moments before reading this.

Is there any desire by Mr. DrumsUI to have a more ProfitUI like login screen?
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:27 AM
A Griffon
Featured

You'll have to explain that request, as I'm unfamiliar.
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You'll have to explain that request, as I'm unfamiliar.
A picture is worth 1,000 words.

So the UI has a text file that you edit and include such things as account usernames, passwords (yes, bad idea I know) and character names. You select one and you get logged in.

You can leave a field blank (like password) and it'll populate the boxes on the side where you'd type your password. If you leave the character blank (in the text file or in the fields on the side), you end up at the normal character selection screen.

Edit: I should probably mention that you get to this by starting up EverQuest II using the short cut with '/patchme' appended as an option. This lets you start up the game w/o running the patcher (tricksie option name!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loginscreen.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	7750  

Last edited by fryfrog : 09-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I will not support an addon that saves Passwords in plain text.

However, I can look into making something similar, but you will have to manually put the password in each time. It's too much of a security risk for users, and I recommend not saving your passwords in UI-related files.
Also, you can always skip the patching by just executing the EverQuest2.exe rather than EQ2.exe (or whatever patcher you use).
Unread 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

However, I can look into making something similar, but you will have to manually put the password in each time. It's too much of a security risk for users, and I recommend not saving your passwords in UI-related files.
Also, you can always skip the patching by just executing the EverQuest2.exe rather than EQ2.exe (or whatever patcher you use).
Totally reasonable, skipping the character select screen on multiple accounts is what I'm after.
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Main menu bar

Think I posted this message on the wrong forum.

Hey drums, just downloaded and installed your UI and it's fantastic, except i can't find the main menu/ stat bar. Changed settings to make sure bars aren't allowed off screen and moved every bar but it's not there. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

try this:

/show_window MainHUD.StartButton
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
try this:

/show_window MainHUD.StartButton

Nothing is coming up, I tried hitting f10 and checking for any boxes at all but it's almost like the bar just isn't there.
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It may be behind another window, it's very slim in height. I would suggest trying to load one of the supplied UI layouts at a last chance effort to show it up.

/load_uisettings filename_resolution.xml (using one of the file names)
Unread 09-22-2011, 12:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
It may be behind another window, it's very slim in height. I would suggest trying to load one of the supplied UI layouts at a last chance effort to show it up.

/load_uisettings filename_resolution.xml (using one of the file names)
Awesome thanks! That brings up the bar, I'll have to change everything around but it's going to be well worth the effort!
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Request

First, thanks for creating a wonderful UI!

Issues
-After a /load_uisettings the "experience window" often reverts to a default location. It doesn't seem to consistently save its own location.
-Menu/stat bar will often disappear after a /load_uisettings.

Request

I'm a big fan of redundant target and implied windows, so I manually use /show_window MainHUD.target and /show_window MainHUD.impliedtarget to bring up spare windows. DrumsUI windows (with full effects) I place at the top, the default (?) I place over my hotbar cluster.

Unfortunately these "default" target windows are lacking in style and function. It looks silly having "Group" and the AA Star constantly up (regardless of what I target). I tried replacing them with various aftermarket windows yet I cant seem to change the windows I manually bring up. Is there a way you could naturally implement complex/simple redundant target windows?

Unread 10-09-2011, 12:47 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:

I just want to be able to maintain a predefined list of toons/server combos would be effing awesome - like profits but without the password
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judist View Post
Is there a way you could naturally implement complex/simple redundant target windows?
I'm not much of a graphics guru when it comes to "good looking design". If you just wanted areas that areas that are always visible, even when you don't have something targeted, it would require dynamic data to be switch around in the window.

The biggest pet peeve for me is managing multiple verisons of the same window, so there is much doubt that I would ever get around to something like this, simply because I would not use it. If you or someone you know could do what you want, I could include it in say the Updater, and then leave it up to the coder to send me update when needed. Beyond that, I'll simply say no for now.
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneWarrior View Post
I just want to be able to maintain a predefined list of toons/server combos would be effing awesome - like profits but without the password
I'll definitely try to cook something up. I've had a couple requests already.
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I'm not much of a graphics guru when it comes to "good looking design". If you just wanted areas that areas that are always visible, even when you don't have something targeted, it would require dynamic data to be switch around in the window.
Actually, graphic minimalism would be preferred. An example is Profits use of redundant target windows. The main ones are shown center top and the primary player window is top left. However you can see the simplistic redundants directly over the hotbar cluster (no implied in this pic).

The goal is for people with very large monitors to focus on the "meat-n-potatoes" portion of the UI (hp/power, target, hotbars, detriments) with minimal data clutter. The only difference is they put click-2-cure on the players redundant (not on the primary w/ the concentration slots).
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I gotcha. My issue with that is the minimalism overall is reduced by having more duplicate data, and the extra elements on screen eat more away the precious FPS of any given user. Every extra window simply reduces performance of the game's UI engine.
I understand the function of it, but am unlikely to get to something like that anytime soon on my own free time coding/messing with the UI.
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Actually...

Those "minimalistic" dataelements from profit is nothing new .. here is how it works in profit

The Small bars with <Me> <Target> <implied Target> in profit is in actuallity the "Player Window" which have expanded elements to contain target and implied target - which is why you cant interact with anyone but yourself when right clicking it.

The left top is the XP window with expanded info to function as a "Player window"
Unread 10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
A Berserk Golem

just wondering if there is any progress on the whole 'list of toons/servers' thing.. about the only thing im missing to permanently switch
Unread 10-30-2011, 12:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneWarrior View Post
just wondering if there is any progress on the whole 'list of toons/servers' thing.. about the only thing im missing to permanently switch
No progress yet, but I've been busy in RL and have out of state for several weekends over the passed 2 months. When I get spare time again, it won't take me long to mess with I'm sure.
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

So been playing with DrumsUI for my one account, and i gotta admit i like it.

Just one small ... thing ... the condensed <self><Target><implied> that profit got... holy i figured out that its probably THE hardest thing to live without in my profit setup its hovering right above my hotkeys make it so i never have to move my eyes from that area of the screen unfortunately i cant achieve that with Drums it would seem unless i overlooked something.

Will cookies help? .. LOTS of cookies?
Unread 11-09-2011, 12:24 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I like cookies

I've had people ask this, and the most likely thing to happen is for me to add it as an option toggled from the main menu or something like that. I haven't been messing with coding much lately or playing as much, but I'll write it down.
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face Tracking Issue

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place - I'll submit a bug if needed, just let me know. I'm a noob here

Downloaded the full UI, patched, re-patched eq2maps, looks fantastic and so excited about having some of the features I've happened upon or that have been recommended to me by friends. Thanks!

Problem is my tracking - when I click tracking icon, I get the pop-up window, however, I can't seem to click a target and have it track. I've tried re-sizing window, changing click-through, locked, etc settings on the window, and can't get it to work. It's default for me is to act like a "change size" (icon with four little arrows on the directions), and when I click an npc to track nothing shows in the top, or goes to track. Heeeellllllp pleeeeease!! I'm a lil fae ranjurette and rely heavily on my in-game tracking (yes, and on my GPS irl.... I'm directionally challenged.... *sighs and rolls her eyes*)

If it helps, I'm running 64bit Win 7.... friend has tracking and Drumsui and it works just fine for him. Not sure what sys he's running though....

Thanks in advance!

~ Tala
Unread 11-18-2011, 01:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

When you mouse over the window, you get the color con toggles, and the square button to the side of those is the Track button.