Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just a heads up that I now tested my fix for the XP window three posts above and it works ok for me at least. Let me know if you still have problems.
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Just a heads up that I now tested my fix for the XP window three posts above and it works ok for me at least. Let me know if you still have problems.
Added to ((Fixes & Modifications)).

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-03-2006, 07:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Spiricore, that would be fantastic! I (And I am sure others) will really appreciate any install instructions you can come up with!!

Last edited by Drunder40 : 03-03-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Unread 03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default PVP server fix needed.

Heya,

Anyone who plays on the new PVP servers is going to want to open up the file:
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
and add the line:
Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_pvpimmunity.xml</include>
If you don't your going to be missing out on a very needed timer that will probably save your life a ton.

Great work all who developed this interface btw.
Unread 03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

The updated exp window does not fix the AA exp display bug for me. I think it has to do with being max level and only gaining AA exp for things like discoveries and collections. To test it perhaps whomever wants to update it can turn off regular experience and make a discovery in some zone or turn in a collection.
Unread 03-04-2006, 12:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

Heya all =)

To begin I will let you know that english is not my native language so I will do my best.

I use profit UI (v1.8f) and I have some troubles with it that I also had with older ones.
When I log on all is good but later the quest journal bugs,I'm not able to see quest reward anymore.I don't know how it happens cuz all it's good when I log on the game.
Then,when I am LDed and I come back on the game, the number of the life percentage of the target and/or the target's target become red or black instead of the original green.

Those aren't very important and annoying bugs, but it's still frustrating knowing there is something wrong somewhere.If someone has already meet thos problem and know how to fix it I'm listening to you.Thx =)
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Hmm, I have an idea what might cause this, and I changed the attached XML accordingly. I have not tested this yet, but if you try it before I get around to do it please let me know if it works.

EDIT: I tested it on my system and it works ok, please let me know if that did the trick for you, Eloora, since things might behave differently at the level cap.
I believe I know what is causing this. When a toon first logs in, the exp is messed up. But if you cycle through all the types back to adventure exp, it fixes it as the onpress visable=false events turn off the aaxp.

maybe an onshow event that turns off all the others would work? not sure, but the cycle through solves it for me every time, just gotta remember to do it
Unread 03-05-2006, 01:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracos99
I believe I know what is causing this. When a toon first logs in, the exp is messed up. But if you cycle through all the types back to adventure exp, it fixes it as the onpress visable=false events turn off the aaxp.

maybe an onshow event that turns off all the others would work? not sure, but the cycle through solves it for me every time, just gotta remember to do it
Thanks dracos99, that was my idea as well, and that's what I already added above. However only to the AAxp part. I added it to everything now, let's see if it works. I don't have anything messed up for me, not even when I first log in, that's why it's a bit difficult to see what's going wrong..

Btw, I'm new to this, and since SOE's editor doesn't work on my system, I have to edit the XML's directly. Maybe the creator of the AAxp window or someone else with more experience can take a look and post a corrected version if this still doesn't work.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (36.3 KB, 582 views)
Unread 03-07-2006, 04:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

Spiricore

Looking through your awsome compilation, i no longer see the link/info for the InfoCenter add on. I got this from one of your previous posts and really like it but now can't seem to find the link to the zipfile or any info about it.

Thanks,
Fireclaw
Befallen
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecla
Spiricore

Looking through your awsome compilation, i no longer see the link/info for the InfoCenter add on. I got this from one of your previous posts and really like it but now can't seem to find the link to the zipfile or any info about it.

Thanks,
Fireclaw
Befallen
is eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml, now is inside a button and no need to create a macro. useful.
Unread 03-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

I just downloaded and installed the 1.8f version and everything works like charm except, of course, one thing.

The map.

I grabbed the MiniMap addon and installed it. The problem is when I click the Minimize button to get the MiniMap, all I get is a black window with a few buttons on the top left corner. Any ideas what I can do to sort this out? EQ2MAP works nicely in normal window size and get the POI's and whatnot - it's just the MiniMap that is acting up and going all black on me.

Other than that, though, this is by far the best UI I've seen to date. I used to play way back when and only just got back into the fray since I wanted to check out all the changes. Keep it up guys.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

The new exp window fixes the exp display getting stuck in between regular and Aexp, but it still doesn't update the Aexp when it is gained. Instead, it goes back to showing regular exp when Aexp is gained. BTW achievement exp is not gained in small increments that can be expressed with decimals - it only moves whole percentages at a time. Whether this is a bug or intended, I'm not sure, just thought I'd mention it if that affects it being displayed properly and having it update properly with Profit's decimal enabled exp window.

Sorry to be a bugaboo, it's just hard to gauge my Aexp gain when I have to keep clicking the window to see what I've gained.
Unread 03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero...
is eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml, now is inside a button and no need to create a macro. useful.
I was actually talking about the entire zip file for info center and its associated links.

Thanks,

Fireclaw
Befallen
Unread 03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecla
I was actually talking about the entire zip file for info center and its associated links.

Thanks,

Fireclaw
Befallen
Milquetowst Info Center is an entirely seperate addon managed by DBurgdorf; I only added it to my compilation because, well, I used it I will add a link for it on the main page, but in the meantime you can find it under the Downloads -> Interface Pieces -> Miscellaneous -> Milquetowst Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I just downloaded and installed the 1.8f version and everything works like charm except, of course, one thing.

The map.

I grabbed the MiniMap addon and installed it. The problem is when I click the Minimize button to get the MiniMap, all I get is a black window with a few buttons on the top left corner. Any ideas what I can do to sort this out?
Make sure it works properly without the minimap plugin first. If the map still works, make sure you installed it properly, because that sounds like a problem with the textures included in the zip not being placed in the proper folder, thereby making the game unable to find them and just placing a black box where the texture should be.

If that doesn't work (or if I get other people complaining about it), I'll take it up with Zonx. I'm fairly certain it's a missing texture issue, though.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-07-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Make sure it works properly without the minimap plugin first. If the map still works, make sure you installed it properly, because that sounds like a problem with the textures included in the zip not being placed in the proper folder, thereby making the game unable to find them and just placing a black box where the texture should be.

Ok. I reinstalled Profit and it worked nicely. Added basic EQ2MAP and it worked just fine. Unzipped the MiniMap addon to the Profit UI and the map goes borked.

The zip, as far as I can see, contains the following:

Profit18\
Profit18\_Fetish_mainhud_minimap.xm

Profit18\eq2map\
Profit18\eq2map\_Fetish_TM_map_dock.xml
Profit18\eq2map\minimap_title.xml
Profit18\eq2map\minimap_window.xml
Profit18\eq2map\plugin_2.xml

Profit18\images\
Profit18\images\minimap_widgets.tga

Did that make sense?

So, I unzip this straight into my UI folder so that the files end up in their respective folders (i.e. the xml files go to the eq2map folder inside profit18, the widgets.tga goes in the images folder and mainhud in the root profit18 folder).

Am I missing something here? hehe. It works nicely up to the point where I unzip this file into the profit18 folder. Minimap shows up black in-game and after I activate the minimap once the regular size map goes funky too, losing some of the borders and whatnot.

As you say, it feels like it's just a matter of a misplaced texture but unless the files in the zip are placed incorrectly I just don't know where to try putting them.

Unread 03-08-2006, 02:23 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Splitpaw

[quote=Pixi]I grabbed the MiniMap addon and installed it. The problem is when I click the Minimize button to get the MiniMap, all I get is a black window with a few buttons on the top left corner. Any ideas what I can do to sort this out? EQ2MAP works nicely in normal window size and get the POI's and whatnot - it's just the MiniMap that is acting up and going all black on me.QUOTE]

I had to edit a couple of the xml files to get it working ... check to see if you have these lines ...

in the eq2ui.xml file

<include>eq2ui_mainhud.xml</include>
<include>_FetishStyles.xml</include>
<include>_FetishStyleSamples.xml</include>

and in the eq2ui_mainhud.xml

<include>_Fetish_mainhud_minimap.xml</include>
<include>eq2map/_Fetish_TM_map_dock.xml</include>

I think that's all I added ... of course make sure you have the files extracted to the images and eq2map folders etc.

Also remember that the EQ2Map auto-updater overwrites 3 files that the minimap uses so you'll need to replace those each time the updater has finished.

skinnable_LocationImages.xml, skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml and skinnable_WindowElements.xml

hope this helps
Unread 03-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Thanks for the tips Tinilya but alas it didn't seem to do much anything. No sweat, though, the normal map does its job hehe. Maybe a properly integrated mini map will be along in a future release of Profit.

Unread 03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default Quest Journal Fixes

I don't know if anybody else has that problem, but with the quest journal from 1.8f it was no longer possible for me to remove a filter in the the collections tab, i.e. as soon as I right clicked any collection item the list would be stuck at that. Also, the button to add items to a collection was moved partly into the filter icon.

Both issues are fixed in the attached file.

I also fixed the display of the "Writs" tab since the right side of that tab was cut off.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_quest.xml (51.2 KB, 417 views)
Unread 03-08-2006, 08:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
The new exp window fixes the exp display getting stuck in between regular and Aexp, but it still doesn't update the Aexp when it is gained. Instead, it goes back to showing regular exp when Aexp is gained. BTW achievement exp is not gained in small increments that can be expressed with decimals - it only moves whole percentages at a time. Whether this is a bug or intended, I'm not sure, just thought I'd mention it if that affects it being displayed properly and having it update properly with Profit's decimal enabled exp window.

Sorry to be a bugaboo, it's just hard to gauge my Aexp gain when I have to keep clicking the window to see what I've gained.
Good to hear that it works. If you don't want it to switch automatically, you can right click on the XP window and select to not switch on XP gain. That way it will always show the XP type you selected (you can still click through them manually).

EDIT: Forgot to add: I saw that there are no decimals for Achievement XP. However, I thought to leave the decimal display in place, as SOE might introduce smaller increments in the future.

Btw, I noticed that selecting Achievement XP in the right click menu of the window does not work. The fix is trivial, but I suppose nobody ever uses that function anyway, so I'll not spam another version of the xml just for that.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-09-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Unread 03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
A Grassland Beetle

If we can get a confirmed method of getting the minimap to work (and confirm that multiple people are getting the problem,) I'd appreciate it. If it's something I just flat out forgot to add to the installation instructions, I'll be sure to add it or otherwise note it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinilya
I had to edit a couple of the xml files to get it working ... check to see if you have these lines ...

in the eq2ui.xml file

<include>eq2ui_mainhud.xml</include>
<include>_FetishStyles.xml</include>
<include>_FetishStyleSamples.xml</include>
Actually, I don't think that will be an issue for people just downloading the minimap and/or minizoning plugins, as none of those files are altered (or even included) in the zip files so they shouldn't be called for.

Pixi, as to your problem, I'm really not sure at the moment. Hopefully somebody can find a resolution to the issue and post it here so I can add it to the main posts. Sorry I can't be of more help :\

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Pixi, as to your problem, I'm really not sure at the moment. Hopefully somebody can find a resolution to the issue and post it here so I can add it to the main posts. Sorry I can't be of more help :\
No worries. I'll let you all know if I figure it out.

Unread 03-08-2006, 10:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So what do I have to do in order to use the 100% hotkey sizes? I just switched from D where all I had to do was rename the file, but after doing that, the framing of the hotkey is still smaller, but the image in it is still full size (but cut off)
Unread 03-10-2006, 01:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

First of, I would like to thank you for updating this UI, I've been using it since day 1 of release, and I would just hate to see thins kinda work fade away because of missing updates..

I have 1 problem, Currently I have 3 chars, I stated mowind a little of the windows on my main character, and put up an extra chapbox, then I set all channels, go to my EQ" directory and copy the usesettings..

Now, I can see my AA points on my main, but on my 2 alts I cant even see that I get AA experience, do you think its something with this UI or is it an in-game bug ??

Thnx for answering, and again thnx for updating.
Unread 03-10-2006, 07:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau
Now, I can see my AA points on my main, but on my 2 alts I cant even see that I get AA experience, do you think its something with this UI or is it an in-game bug ??
You will see in your chat window if you gained achievement experience. If you do not get that message, then your alts are either below lvl20 or bugged. If you earn AAXP, the yellow achievement XP window should update regardless of the char you are on, it doesn't care about that.

BTW, you can use the /load_uisettings command ingame for copying another chars settings or switching between different configurations (/save_uisettings <filename> is the counterpart).
Unread 03-11-2006, 12:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Good to hear that it works. If you don't want it to switch automatically, you can right click on the XP window and select to not switch on XP gain. That way it will always show the XP type you selected (you can still click through them manually).

EDIT: Forgot to add: I saw that there are no decimals for Achievement XP. However, I thought to leave the decimal display in place, as SOE might introduce smaller increments in the future.

Btw, I noticed that selecting Achievement XP in the right click menu of the window does not work. The fix is trivial, but I suppose nobody ever uses that function anyway, so I'll not spam another version of the xml just for that.
I think right clicking to stop the display from switching might have solved my problem for the most part. I haven't exactly been flying thru aa exp atm so by the time I earn a full % I've forgotten to look .

I have one seperate request now. I believe Fetish or some other popular UI has a mod for the group window that makes the effects icons that group members receive into buttons, and attaches them to single target heals if you have them (I'm a Mystic), so that when u click an icon the appropriate cure is cast on the target. I think this would be a fabulous addition if any of you UI guys are up for the task. I love the Profit group window, it's my favorit piece of the UI, so I'd never change it out in a million years, but I'd love to see this if it's possible!

Thanks
Closed Thread