EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-13-2012, 10:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Updated Profit ?

just a question, when will Profit UI be updated ? I ask due to the latest patch notes state that some custom UI's won't work until they are updated. and am wondering if Profit is one of those UI's that will be / are affected.

loyal Profit UI user.
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Looking at the patch notes, I see two items of interest. The quest icon for mobs has already been patched in and tested on Test. The business about the browser files is news to everyone. If this has been running on Test, it has not been mentioned in patch notes and does not break the browser in Profit. On the other hand, if this is simply being dumped on Live without being run on Test first, then there's no way to guess what will happen until it happens.

In any case, I really hope they are fixing the obvious problems with the in-game browser. For a long time now, using the browser guarantees that the client will crash when I exit the game.
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

They've completely changed the in-game browser. Before it used to be based off Firefox 1.x, the patch changed it to the awesomium framework (they use the same framework for the Launchpad) so it's completely different and will hopefully work like a normal browser now (thank god, sick of trying to work around the issues the old one caused with website likes EQ2i).

A quick test shows that any old browser windows likely need to be updated (or temporarily reverted to default) to work for now.
Unread 06-13-2012, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I haven't seen any diffs in the default UI on test related to the browser window, so either they didn't put it on test at all or it doesn't involve any changes to the UI XML. The latter might be the case since the engine that renders HTML inside the window's probably completely independent of the UI window around it (think of the window as just a frame around a canvas, you can change what's drawing on the canvas without the frame needing to know a thing about it).
Unread 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
A Griffon

I got a new default browser XML file on test last night, although it has a May date on it. The browser element is called EQIIBrowser now instead of MozillaBrowser. Not much else changed, except the about: URIs would not work so I had to do some shuffling around on custom code. EQ2i does indeed look good now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_0001.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	8332  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_0002.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	8333  

Last edited by Darqwood : 03-21-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

This is literally the only change in the default XML:

Old:
<MozillaBrowser dynamicdata_back="BrowserState.Back" dynamicdata_forward="BrowserState.Forward" dynamicdata_progress="BrowserState.Progress" dynamicdata_refresh="BrowserState.Refresh" dynamicdata_status="BrowserState.Status" dynamicdata_stop="BrowserState.Stop" dynamicdata_uri="BrowserState.URI" Location="2,86" Name="Browser" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="874,548" Size="874,548" />

New:
<EQIIBrowser dynamicdata_back="BrowserState.Back" dynamicdata_forward="BrowserState.Forward" dynamicdata_progress="BrowserState.Progress" dynamicdata_refresh="BrowserState.Refresh" dynamicdata_status="BrowserState.Status" dynamicdata_stop="BrowserState.Stop" dynamicdata_uri="BrowserState.URI" Location="2,86" Name="Browser" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="874,548" Size="874,548" />
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM
A Griffon

I'll be sending up the new browser window shortly, seeing as it's a fairly trivial change. I checked my diffs and that's the only change that's not already accounted for.

Or maybe not. I think they broke something in the browser. I can open the browser window as long as it's blank, but the moment I try loading a page (even something as innocuous as the ACT page) it crashes the EQ2 client. It happens with the ProfitUI window, with Profit but using the default browser window, and with the default UI, so I'm thinking this isn't a Profit bug.

I've attached the updated browser window in case anyone wants to double-check my changes. All I did was replace the "MozillaBrowser" elements with "EQIIBrowser" just as was done in the default UI file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml (52.9 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by tknarr : 06-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I've attached the updated browser window in case anyone wants to double-check my changes. All I did was replace the "MozillaBrowser" elements with "EQIIBrowser" just as was done in the default UI file.

This XML crashes my EQ2 client ... sorry
Unread 06-14-2012, 02:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
This is literally the only change in the default XML:

Old:
<MozillaBrowser dynamicdata_back="BrowserState.Back" dynamicdata_forward="BrowserState.Forward" dynamicdata_progress="BrowserState.Progress" dynamicdata_refresh="BrowserState.Refresh" dynamicdata_status="BrowserState.Status" dynamicdata_stop="BrowserState.Stop" dynamicdata_uri="BrowserState.URI" Location="2,86" Name="Browser" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="874,548" Size="874,548" />

New:
<EQIIBrowser dynamicdata_back="BrowserState.Back" dynamicdata_forward="BrowserState.Forward" dynamicdata_progress="BrowserState.Progress" dynamicdata_refresh="BrowserState.Refresh" dynamicdata_status="BrowserState.Status" dynamicdata_stop="BrowserState.Stop" dynamicdata_uri="BrowserState.URI" Location="2,86" Name="Browser" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="874,548" Size="874,548" />
I did a Find/Replace for all instances of MozillaBrowser and changed it to EQIIBrowser, now the window works... technically. It will load the page, then reload it over and over and over and over =P Happens in all the tabs. Not sure if this is a Profit problem or a default problem.
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
A Griffon

It looks like the updated browser window works, in that it properly displays the browser component. The crashes and other problems are happening using the default UI, indicating the problems don't lie with the UI XML file but the browser component itself.

Should I send the updated browser window to the updater and let Sony fix the underlying problem whenever they do, or should I hold off? Thoughts?
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
It looks like the updated browser window works, in that it properly displays the browser component. The crashes and other problems are happening using the default UI, indicating the problems don't lie with the UI XML file but the browser component itself.

Should I send the updated browser window to the updater and let Sony fix the underlying problem whenever they do, or should I hold off? Thoughts?
Well, at least I don't crash now but I also have a blank browser window. I checked about that file I need to allow firewall access to and there's nothing saying it wasn't allowed. Dunno if I was supposed to do anything else.
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Something wrong

the profit browser keeps reloading the page. I tested the Drums browser and it does not do this. Something is wonky in the code
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:51 AM
A Mist Grinnin

The latest file opens the big blue window, then a smaller white one and crashes the game.

I switched to DrumsUI browser and I'm back to a big blue window just sitting there. I hope we can find a fix for this soon. I really miss it!
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Still not working properly ...

As of 11:57 EST, browser still does not work properly. It initially opens a large blue window with a small white window, then begins to load the page, then loads the page you're looking at over and over and over and over and over .....
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdreams13 View Post
As of 11:57 EST, browser still does not work properly. It initially opens a large blue window with a small white window, then begins to load the page, then loads the page you're looking at over and over and over and over and over .....
Similar problems are being reported in all UIs including the default UI. The problem seems to be the Awesomium framework, the underlying Chrome library it uses, or their interaction. I can't do anything about it in the UI XML, all we can do is file tickets with Sony and wait for them to fix it.

I did dig up some more information on the new browser component. From oldest to newest:
http://ajeanius.wordpress.com/
http://princeofcode.com/
http://awesomium.com/
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdreams13 View Post
You can try this file I edited swapping MozillaBrowser to EQIIBrowser and its working for me.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml (43.6 KB, 311 views)
Unread 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan View Post
You can try this file I edited swapping MozillaBrowser to EQIIBrowser and its working for me.
Thanks for this! It does open and has the url but, as it is attempting to run the browser, the game crashes to desktop.
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
Thanks for this! It does open and has the url but, as it is attempting to run the browser, the game crashes to desktop.

Might need to make sure your running all the files needed and there not corrupt

In Everquest II Launchpad click the advanced tool icon and then choose Validate Game Assets. Let that run through then open your drums or profit launcher try resetting all settings. Then add the XML file I posted earlier and hopefully everything will be working. If so dont overwrite the browser XML until your sure its been updated by the UI authors .
Unread 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
It is something wrong with the game not the browser files for those of us still having issues. I have used files that work ... for certain ... including only the default and still crash to desktop at 20% when the browser is used. I never received an ubdated browser file from the eq2 patcher even after doing a full file scan.

Silat
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan View Post
Might need to make sure your running all the files needed and there not corrupt

In Everquest II Launchpad click the advanced tool icon and then choose Validate Game Assets. Let that run through then open your drums or profit launcher try resetting all settings. Then add the XML file I posted earlier and hopefully everything will be working. If so dont overwrite the browser XML until your sure its been updated by the UI authors .
Well, the launcher is also messed up but I did check and verify the files. No errors. What do you mean by drums or profit launcher? The ProfitUI updater? I did that. Then added the file you posted. Still crashes.

I remember something a while ago in the regular forums about a command to stop flash or some such, which was connected to the browser not working at the time but I can't seem to find it. I wonder if this is related?