EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Broker Window Feature Requests

Hi,

Two things that would greating improve the usability of the broker window when searching for collection items:

1) Add an option to sort collection display by whether the item is collected or not (primary) and by price (secondary). This way one could quickly see the lowest priced needed collectibles available.

2) Failing that, when there are many pages of items to be searched in the broker display, could you allow the entry of a particular page number to be displayed, rather than only providing next and previous? This would allow much quicker manual searching for needed items (collectibles are what I am interested in here - on my server there are 2300 pages of them) - using the current interface to do that is very tedious and time consuming.

Thanks!
Unread 01-10-2009, 08:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to nluerdarea

While the feature you are requesting is currently impossible to implement via the UI, there are some features at your disposal.

First if you visit the broker, then open your quest journal, go to the collections tab, any item you click on will automaticly be searched in the broker window.

Second, you can now sort your collections by progress, category, etc to make it easier to see which are near completion.

Aside from those, the only feature I would like to see added to the current broker system is a clustering feature. For example, search for "Blue Sand" would come up normally like it does now, but searching for collection or Paladin adept's from 50-59 would show only one of each in a cluster format. Then you could select that one and see all the ones for sale in perhaps a different window, and buy the cheapest or see which house to go to for the best price.

Just my 2cp
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Sorry to hear they are impossible - although, being a programmer myself, I find it hard to believe that displaying an entered page number is impossible - after all, it could be a simple as simulating the appropriate number of "next" or "previous" button clicks.

In any case, I also wanted this feature so I could quickly find collectibles that I have not yet collected as well. I do use the features of the collection window as you suggest, but that only works if I actually have the collection
Unread 01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojuro View Post
Sorry to hear they are impossible - although, being a programmer myself, I find it hard to believe that displaying an entered page number is impossible - after all, it could be a simple as simulating the appropriate number of "next" or "previous" button clicks.
Exactly, that's all we can do. I could probably jump you up to around page 700 before it would crash the client (it doesn't like loops), mileage may vary on different systems. But does this really make sense? You won't know what's at page 700 anyway so it would appear that refining your search parameters instead would be more useful, no?

PS: Would adding prev 10/next 10 buttons be useful?

Last edited by gm9 : 01-12-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

There's a good chance that the server would throttle your page requests anyway if you send them off too fast. And if it didn't, I might have to introduce throttling to protect our server hamsters.
Unread 01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
There's a good chance that the server would throttle your page requests anyway if you send them off too fast. And if it didn't, I might have to introduce throttling to protect our server hamsters.
Did a quick test run and it doesn't seem to throttle it. I'll promise not ro publish the code though so your hamsters should be safe (unless others start modding it).
Unread 01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, most of the ones I need would be in the 50g + price range - would be nice to jump quickly up there (and there are maybe 1000 pages to get to that point.) Would allow me to kind of do a quasi binary search to home in on ones I need. Not precise in any way, but way better than click, click, click, click...

And although the "by 10" idea is certainly better than "by 1", it would still be quite a bit of clicking. Perhaps the ability to enter the jump factor as well could be provided, which in my case I would set to more like 100 at first.

Last edited by kojuro : 01-12-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 01-12-2009, 05:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

click on the minimum price lol