EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 10-13-2004, 04:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Default UI Modding Newbie

I would like to get into modding the UI for EQ2. I have no expierence with doing this in EQ Live. The reason I thought I might give it a shot for EQ2 is that I have some basic knowledge of XML.

How do I get started with modding the interface? is there a program I can run or is it just tearing through the code and figuring things out through trial and error?

If anyone has a good doc. or link to a site that might help me get started with the basics, I would love to get it.

Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted.
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Drakkor

Default A little cart before the horse

At this point there is no definite knowledge about the EQ2 interface besides that it will be different from EQ1. We are pretty certain that it is still in XML, but how it is put together, what can be modified, and if any apps for modification is being provided is unknown.

You might try going over to the EQ1 side and checking out the guides/messages for making UIs. Try building a EQ1 UI. This will give at least a basic knowledge for fiddling with XML for when EQ2 comes out.

edit: http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/faq.php?

Best of Luck
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkor
At this point there is no definite knowledge about the EQ2 interface besides that it will be different from EQ1. We are pretty certain that it is still in XML, but how it is put together, what can be modified, and if any apps for modification is being provided is unknown.

You might try going over to the EQ1 side and checking out the guides/messages for making UIs. Try building a EQ1 UI. This will give at least a basic knowledge for fiddling with XML for when EQ2 comes out.

edit: http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/faq.php?

Best of Luck
Great!! Thanks for the Info.

Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted.
Unread 10-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Aaldyin

I've done a bit of stuff with UI's in EQ Live. I would suggest since not alot is known yet about EQ2 UI's, to maybe play around with some EQ UI's just for practice. I was using a downloaded UI and have been doing the updates on it myself and changing certain things to make it better for myself. When I started I was a complete newbie to XML and have figured out quite a bit by picking through the xml coding of files in the UI's.

And I also found a very nice program for helping me to learn certain things. I can't find the link at this time but if you look for a program called SIDL, this works great for EQ Live UI creations and alterations. It actually lets you open the seperate windows of the UI within the program and move things around and see the xml coding of each piece within the window. I would definately recommend this program for anyone wanting to play around with EQ UI's.