EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-06-2009, 01:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Maps not showing

i downloaded map updarter. it instaled then downloaded all the maps. but when i play i still get the same old blank eq2 map. can you guide me through fixing this keeping in mind i know almost nothing about this stuff
Unread 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdubsy View Post
i downloaded map updarter. it instaled then downloaded all the maps. but when i play i still get the same old blank eq2 map. can you guide me through fixing this keeping in mind i know almost nothing about this stuff
Right click the shortcut that you use to play EQ2 and hit properties. Note the directory listed in the 'Target' field.

Now open the autoupdater and hit options. Where it says "EverQuest 2" should be the same directory as you noted in the last step (except it won't have EverQuest2.exe at the end). If that is NOT the case, correct it so that it is.

Now -- are you using any other UI mods? I am going to assume you are not at this point.

Still under Options on the autoupdater there should be a dropdown box with "UI Directory" next to it. This should say EQ2MAP if you are not using any other custom UIs.
Unread 11-07-2009, 03:15 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Mistmoore

I'm having the same problem with the maps not showing up (makes Hollow Hedge a real challenge ). I installed the EQ2MAPUpdater but nothing has changed. I followed the instructions in the above post but when I go to Options and click on the UI Directory drop box, the only available option is "Profile18". Any suggestions?
Unread 11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Eq2maps isnt working either

Im sorry in advance if this doesnt make a Lot of sense. I dont Post often
Anyways I started off trying the game on the 2 week free trial. But I HATED the streaming as I went to each new Zone. So I Bought the digital Download.

But sense I started off with stream It has but EQ2 in a wierd place on harddrive "C:\Users\wil\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Streaming\Launcher.exe"

I tried pasting this to the options Location listed above. But it woundn't change the 2 fields. in the options tab. Figured it would need the new destination and new location for the auto start of game .

Thanks in advance anyany advice would be awsome. )
Unread 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister99 View Post
Im sorry in advance if this doesnt make a Lot of sense. I dont Post often
Anyways I started off trying the game on the 2 week free trial. But I HATED the streaming as I went to each new Zone. So I Bought the digital Download.

But sense I started off with stream It has but EQ2 in a wierd place on harddrive "C:\Users\wil\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Streaming\Launcher.exe"

I tried pasting this to the options Location listed above. But it woundn't change the 2 fields. in the options tab. Figured it would need the new destination and new location for the auto start of game .

Thanks in advance anyany advice would be awsome. )
Hit the Browse button and navigate to the appropriate places, the text boxes are display only.
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

In EQ2MAP updater under options my directory is set up correctly and I am not using any other UI mods so mine says EQ2Map in that box.

I have never gotten this program to work on my computer and would appreciate any help in repairing this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program several times trying to get it to work. When I double click on EQ2MAP Updater it comes up. Goes through its scan and updates where needed. It then starts EQ2. I then log on and just have the world map with the islands on it. Nothing else.

Someone please help me solve this issue I am driving my friends crazy AND ME because this program just isnt working.

Thanks!
Onenote

Last edited by Onenote : 01-02-2010 at 02:12 PM.