EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-13-2016, 10:11 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Announcing ProfitUI Community Edition

ProfitUI users rejoice! I am pleased to announce the release of ProfitUI Community Edition. Thanks to some assistance from Darq, we now have the resources to integrate the contributions of dedicated ProfitUI users into a package that will be easy to maintain and which will keep ProfitUI current with changes in EQ2's UI.

The heart of the release is the ProfitUI CE Utility. This is an entirely new freestanding program that requires no installation. Just run it from wherever is convenient. Besides installing or updating ProfitUI Community Edition, the new utility can optionally install or update EQ2MAP with no additional setup.

The new ProfitUI CE download image is being hosted privately and we will be watching bandwidth closely to ensure that the activity doesn't overwhelm the modest cloud account. If you would like to share in reducing these back-end hosting costs, a donation can be made from the "About" page of the utility. 100% of all contribution will go directly to maintaining the new ProfitUI Community Edition cloud space.

This release includes most of the fixes uploaded by users over the last few weeks. This will give us a good start. Once folks have installed this new edition of ProfitUI with the new utility, we can begin talking about additional fixes that need to be made or changes / new features / whatever that we want to happen.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-14-2016, 11:30 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

YAY!!!
*runs to spread the news*
Unread 03-16-2016, 02:39 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Cool

Awesome!!!!! *dances around*

Great work! It looks Wonderful!
Unread 03-16-2016, 06:58 PM
A Griffon

This may be the happiest thing I have done in all my years of playing and supporting EQ2...

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-16-2016, 07:28 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Unhappy

Well....my computer crashed and now I can't get Profit to work.... I'm frustrated in finding what happen.
Unread 03-16-2016, 07:42 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ok reinstalled the old version and everything looks right. Trying to reinstall Profit CE now.
*Crosses fingers*
Unread 03-16-2016, 08:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Cool

Ok working now...I have no idea what happen.
Unread 03-17-2016, 09:52 AM
A Griffon

Bizarre. I hate that kind of problem. Glad to hear that reinstalling worked.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-17-2016, 05:31 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Today, I noticed that my theme was not Fossil. So I pulled up the Updater, changed it to Fossil, and on whim ran the updater then looked back at themes. Sure enough, it was back to Profit Classic.

I remembered when working with Crystal that she said hers kept looking 'old', and we had done a test swap of the themes. Then we ran the update, as I was going from simple to involved troubleshooting.

So, is there a way to set the Theme and not have it switch off when updates are ran? Otherwise that will need to be reset every time.
Unread 03-17-2016, 07:50 PM
A Griffon

Check for updates, then put a check in the "Skip" column for the ColorStyles file and the graphics files.

Unread 03-29-2016, 08:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Check for updates, then put a check in the "Skip" column for the ColorStyles file and the graphics files.

OK My game reset all the way to original defaults after loss of keyboard function. (I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with the keyboard because it is brand new and only happens in EQ2.)

I reinstalled the new Profit CE and it didn't take. I deleted the ProfitUI CE folder, then installed the Profit Reborn. It only changed two .ini files. I then reinstalled ProfitUI CE and it fixed whatever happen. My UI is back to what I had before the crash...it bothers me though. I shouldn't have to go back to the old one to get the new one to work.

I'm not using the themes at all.
Unread 03-30-2016, 09:02 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost

Could someone post a link to the download space for the new version and the new updater?
Unread 03-30-2016, 12:08 PM
A Griffon

The new utility can be found here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18187
Unread 04-01-2016, 03:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default maintained spells

The updater seemed to go perfectly. Thanks for the effort to restart Profit.
I did notice that my maintained spells window seems glitched. It shows the maintained group spells,but buffs on individual players disappears from the tops of themaintained spells window,and I have to expand the window to full size to get them to show again. They disappear again as soon as I shrink the window. ANyone else notice this? Any suggestions on fixes?
Briocht
Unread 04-05-2016, 10:34 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briocht View Post
The updater seemed to go perfectly. Thanks for the effort to restart Profit.
I did notice that my maintained spells window seems glitched. It shows the maintained group spells,but buffs on individual players disappears from the tops of themaintained spells window,and I have to expand the window to full size to get them to show again. They disappear again as soon as I shrink the window. ANyone else notice this? Any suggestions on fixes?
Briocht

It sounds like you have mouse wheel scrolling turned on, but tbh I don't know where in ProfitUI to turn that off. There are several variants of the Maintained window on the updater, possibly try a different one and see if you get better results? Check for updates, then right-click the gear icon on the Maintained Spells line to choose a different one, then download the alternate version to replace the current file.

Unread 04-05-2016, 09:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thanks Ill give it a go
Briocht
Unread 04-06-2016, 10:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank you!!!!!!!