EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 11-20-2008, 09:04 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default Raid window detriment icons

Based on user feedback I've added dynamic data and UI elements to the raid window for raid member detriments. However, I expect some people that are not interested in this data to not care for the extra width of the raid window. I've added the ability to toggle the detriment icons on and off, but I'm not sure what outcome this will have on modded raid windows. So I'm looking for a little feedback.

Here's a screenshot of the raid window with detriment icons showing. When a player toggles the icons off, I basically shrink the group windows by the width of the detriment page plus a little extra for the border.

Do any of you see issues with your current raid window mods or have any other suggestions?

Unread 11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I don't see any issues, Thanks for the DD. Now I gotta go mod a raid window
Unread 11-21-2008, 03:05 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

I'd handle this slightly differently with more of a Basic/Advance mode option which would allow for other stuff to go into the advanced mode...

Raid
|_Volume
| |_Group1
| | |_Member1
| | | |_AdvPage
| | | | |_arcane
| | | | |_elemental
| | | | |_etc...
| | | |_BasicPage
| | | . |_Rest of the member stuff
| | |_Rest of the member pages
| |_Rest of the group pages
|_Rest of the Window stuff

When mode is set to Basic, all AdvPages are hidden and Volume.CellSize = BasicPage.Size. When set to Advanced, Volume.CellSize = AdvPage.Size. This approach should allow us to add whatever we want to the AvdPages, not just the effect icons.

Player Targeting should be restricted to just the BasicPage area. The AvdPage and Member page should not trigger player targeting or absorb input. Even better would be if we could place any number of pages labeled "Hitbox" inside either/both Adv and basic pages to define the area(s) that trigger targeting.

We must be able to trigger scripts on mode change, preferably by scripting the mode toggle directly or via an out of frame button set by the actual toggle Advanced.Enabled=true/false. Ideally we'd get a dedicated RaidSettings popup (we can script and extend as needed) that auto-loads into memory when the raid window is first opened and persists so we can access the settings via script in other windows.

OT: psst... where's my ColorStyles? :P
Unread 11-21-2008, 03:13 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Do any of you see issues with your current raid window mods or have any other suggestions?
Hooray for the DD, even though your hardcoding would not work for my raid window (which already shows the effect icons, but outside of the MemberX pages to avoid target switching, and which has its own toggle to show/hide them).

But still I'd like to use your way of shrinking it. To make this a viable alternative for modders, could we get the hardcoding to adhere to some modifiiable XML tags? I'm thinking of tags like
  • ShrinkOnEffectsHide="[true|false]" (not strictly necessary, users will see if it messes things up)
  • ShrinkAmount (I'd really want that)
These tags should be checked during runtime so they can be changed on the fly.

Would be great, also for all other hardcoding done in the UI.
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:21 PM
A Griffon

I really like Zonx's idea for managing the two modes of display. This seems like a pretty good way to allow modders to arrange the controls in any way they want. I didn't even think about the targeting yet so I'm glad you brought it up. It certainly makes sense to limit the targetting to the basic page or even have a targetting page that sits on top of both of them. This would allow you to place it over any of the controls you want.

As far as setting the Volume.CellSize = to the basic or advanced pages. These pages would only be large enough for 1 group member unless we make them much bigger than they need to be, but that would look messy. One option would be to make sure the basic and advanced pages are exactly the size you want for 1 member so that CellSize would equal the width of the basic or advanced page and the height would be 6 * the basic or advanced page height.

Let me know what you think.
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Didn't even see Zonx's post when I posted.

This is what I have in my UI:
<Page Name="ToggleCureEffectsButtons" OnHide="Parent.Volume.CellSize=201,115" OnShow="Parent.Volume.CellSize=285,115"/>
These values cannot be auto-calculated from other elements. I need the possibility to configure them (the amount by which you want to shrink would be enough though, see my post above).

Alternatively if you go Zonx's way please give me a way to opt out of your hardcoding. I can't just rename all elements to get out of it because raid leaders need to be able to drag'n'drop raid members, and that functionality is hardcoded. Or at least give us the event upon mode change that Zonx asked for and allow me to undo your hardcoding via that...
Unread 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

The targeting issue is easy enough to code around but yea if u can limit to only the basic page and not the member1 page would be nice.

Why not call the effect page Effects? /shrug

As long as ever thing is kept within the members# page I don't see how the hard coding is going to effect drag and drop in your mod gm9.

I also like all the properties Zonks and gm9 has suggested. But then you would have to write a new window class to account for the new properties, I guess you could add it to the base page class and everything else could just ignore them but the raid-window code.
Unread 11-21-2008, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

I'm not sure we're all on the same page or we each interpreted Zonx's idea in a different way.

gm9, why couldn't the cell size be based on the "basic" or "advanced" pages? It's not really calculating it from the element sizes.

Lets say that the basic page contains name, archetype, health, power and speaking icon. The size of the basic page might be 200,20. The advanced page would only contain the effect icons (or whatever else you guys wanted to add) and the size would completely overlap the basic page plus whatever other space you needed. So in the default UI, the advanced page might be 320,20. So if a user puts the raid window in advanced mode, the cell size would be 320x120(20*6) but in basic mode it would be (200,120). These values would be defined in the UI files because they are taken straight from the sizes of the basic and advanced pages.

If you wanted to design a vertical raid window with the icons underneath the name then the basic page would still be 200,20 and the advanced page would be 200,40. So when the user puts it in advanced mode, now the cell size becomes 200,240 (40*6).

All that the 'hard-coding' would do is change the cell size based on the basic or advanced page size but allow us to toggle the mode with a right-click window or user command instead of having to do it with a UI element.
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

This behaves like an open window and its preventing my escape button from bringing up the EQII button's menu. Not a big issue but I can't seem to close this window. ini edits, changing the hotkey to something else and trying. It seems to shut off for half a second and then its back up and stuck open.
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alezy View Post
This behaves like an open window and its preventing my escape button from bringing up the EQII button's menu. Not a big issue but I can't seem to close this window. ini edits, changing the hotkey to something else and trying. It seems to shut off for half a second and then its back up and stuck open.
I doubt the detriments window is preventing the menu button from opening, it doesn't accept input and isn't a window that closes via the normal 'close top window' key. With that said, you're best off asking for help in a new post in the forum of the UI you're using rather than rezzing a 5-year old thread that has nothing to do with UI issues.