Dual Wield Changes
To allow for a better selection of weapons for all classes, the Dual Wield designation on weapons has been removed. These weapons are now either One Handed, Main Hand, or Off Hand.
The damage on these weapons has increased, bringing them in line with pre-existing One Handed weapons. While wielding two weapons, the base delay of your melee weapons will be increased by 33%, yielding a small net gain in damage compared to what existed with Dual Wield weapons. For example: A 3 second delay weapon will instead act every 4 seconds while you are dual wielding. These weapons will also use the longer delay when determining whether or not to proc any special effects on them, gaining a more beneficial proc rate.
The damage rating on Two-Handed has also been raised slightly to ensure that Two-Handed weapons remain appealing.
If you would like to test the changes please use /testcopy add on your server and your character will be copied over to the secondary Test Server within a few days.
- All Dual Wield weapons are now One Handed, Main Hand, or Off Hand. Enjoy the greater selection of weapons now available to classes
- While wielding two weapons, the base delay is increased by 33%
- Two handed weapons now do slightly more damage
- A few, powerful weapons will be flagged Main Hand but the majority will be useable in either hand if your class can dual wield.
Do you consider yourself a practitioner of pranks, a student of the silly, or even a fan of the funny? Does the idea of pulling a practical joke over on someone sound like your idea of a good time? If so, you might make an excellent follower of Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, the Grand Prankster. Recently scores of puckish jesters, fanciful bards and quick-witted thieves have all been spreading rumors about the imminent return of their favorite Sire of Shenanigans. If Bristlebane has truly arrived and resumed his place aside the other gods who have also returned to Norrath, why has he waited until now? What sort of mischievous plans does the Royal Trickster have in store for his faithful followers? What about the other gods who have yet to reveal themselves since their departure? The answers to these questions are undoubtedly wrapped within a riddle only Bristlebane himself can solve.
Those interested in devoting themselves to the Master of Mischief should speak with Tobel Patadash, the self-declared Prophet of Bristlebane at the docks of The Enchanted Lands. Be advised, however, that the Gigglegibber Goblins have their own nonsensical opinion of who they believe the real Prophet of Bristlebane is as well!
Adventurers of all levels who believe their sea legs are ready to see service should see Admiral Marc Grenich in Qeynos Harbor and recruiter Livia Montelius in Freeport East. Glory awaits those who wish to explore the presence of mysterious iksar within our waters. What lies beyond the horizon? Join up to see!
- Trivial Loot no longer includes Quest items, so Quest items will drop on gray encounters.
- Harvestable shrubs in level 1-9 zones now appear more shrub-like.
- Strafing with autorun on will actually cause you to strafe instead of turning your character.
- NPC encounters will more reliably avoid attacking a mezzed player than before.
- You can once again switch between different arena champions.
- In efforts to clean up examination windows, the following effects now appear as attributes instead of as added effects, and have had their text description size reduced:
Flowing Thought, Health Regeneration, Damage Per Second, Melee Double Attack, Ranged Double Attack, Melee/Ranged/Spell/Healing Criticals, +Spell Damage, +Healing, +Spell Damage and Healing.
- Scroll of the Fire Seeds is no longer flagged Lore.
- Gnomish Gent's Mechanized Faade no longer needs to be equipped for the illusion to persist.
- The Gnome Observatrons now show the Quest that requires them.
- The Disk of Bylze now shows the Quest that it offers in its tooltip.
- Rare harvested items now have a unique icon background to make them easy to identify.
- Crafters who respec their tradeskill class from now on will be able to complete their new class's tradeskill quest in the Isle of Mara. Crafters who respec'd previously are still able to exchange their crafting tools by speaking to Rai Faela Nurwin near the brokers.
- Pristine crafted chain and plate armor appearances are now more consistent.
- Level 20+ crafters can speak to a grandmaster crafter at their local tradeskill society headquarters to assist with a few tasks and earn a small reward.
- Tradeskill recipe book merchants have begun stocking all the essentials books up to volume 70.
- Tradeskill faction merchants in Neriak and Kelethin have begun stocking some new furniture items.
- Smite Evil should now work on evil pets.
- Group Armament achievement renamed Raid Armament: Affects all non-fighters in the entire raid.
- Doom Judgement - Damage bonus increased from 5% to 7% per rank.
- Fettering Poison now correctly increases snare amount.
- Unyielding Will - Adjusted reuse speed bonus from 180 seconds to 75 seconds per rank.
- Doom Judgement - Reuse speed bonus adjusted from 20 to 8 seconds per rank.
- Spell lines from the Bloodlines Chronicles have been tuned to become more comparable in desirability relative to other spell lines
The following Fighter group buffs now affect all raid allies:
- Guardian: Call of Command
- Berserker: Screaming Rage
- Paladin: Vigor of Trust
- Shadowknight: Contract of Shadows
- Monk: Swiftness
- Bruiser: Brutality
- Resistance Chorus Songs: Now affect the entire raid.
- Devastation Fist - Improved reuse speed from 5 to 3 minutes. Can now be used against all NPC opponents, but damage varies depending on the difficulty of the opponent. Self-stifle duration is now set to 10 seconds.
- Doom Judgement - Improved reuse speed from 5 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Symbol of Corruption - Reduced resistability, reduced power cost, increased damage.
- Death's Door: Triggered damage can occur anytime the Dirge receives damage instead of only when struck in melee combat. Its chance to trigger no longer uses spell or weapon normalization, allowing it to trigger more often.
- Mana Cloak - Removed power cost. Improved reuse speed from 15 to 3 minutes. Reduced duration from 3 minutes to 30 seconds. Increased trigger chance to 100%. Maximum of 3 triggers per person in the group.
- Intercept: If the ally is lower than 50% health when this ability is cast, the Fighter can absorb two hits instead of one.
- Umbral Trap - Is now an area effect. Improved reuse speed from 3 to 2 minutes.
- Iceflame - Increased range from 12 to 35 meters.
- Performer's Talent: Triggered damage can occur anytime the Troubador receives damage instead of only when struck in melee combat. Its chance to trigger no longer uses spell or weapon normalization, allowing it to trigger more often.
- Unyielding Will - Improved reuse speed from 30 to 15 minutes. It now toggles.
- The tinkered charm and magnetized generator can no longer be used against players.
- You can now sort the quest journal by quest level