Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 08-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Gamespy EQ2 Preview

Gamespy has just released their preview of Everquest II. There is a lot of great information. It looks like SOE has been working hard since Gamespys last preview of the game. I personally cant wait until the starts beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpy.com
Subtleties aside, the biggest new additions to the game are all content-related. TONS of content -- they're really laying it on thick. Areas that we had visited before were now packed with NPCs to talk to, using real voiceovers. A lot of them were there to add color or set the scene. Some were hysterical. ("Can't you just throw me back into the water?" squeaks a little Ratonga on the beginner's island, surrounded by monsters. "I didn't sign up for any of this!" he shrieks, voice breaking.) By the time the game is finished, cities will teem with life, populated by colorful characters around every corner.
You can read their new preview write up here.
You can also see some area tours (here) of Blackburrow, The Sunken City, The Caves, and more.

The pictures and videos just look amazing and it looks like the AI of NPC’s is going to be pretty good too. Make sure to check out video 41 The Grave yard, those skeletons are pretty darn scary looking.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-11-2004 at 10:09 PM.