EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 04-19-2006, 06:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed
See this ugly green text? When this ugly green text shows up on the update window, which is white, it's almost invisible. PLEASE pick a darker color like navy or ANYTHING that shows up on white background better than this color.

Thanks
Badattitude
51 Guardian
Befallen
I don't know about anyone else, but I got a black background on my updater. And the green looks fine to me.
/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
I don't know about anyone else, but I got a black background on my updater. And the green looks fine to me.
/shrug
I have the green writing on the white/grey backround and yes it is difficult to see very well, kinda like this this color on a white backround always hurts my eyes I have to highlite the text just to be able to tell there really are words there.
Unread 04-27-2006, 08:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default HotBar request

I would love to see an option to remove the numbers on the hotbars. With the smaller icons and shrunken bars, the numbers cover a lot up.
Unread 04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutznut
I would love to see an option to remove the numbers on the hotbars. With the smaller icons and shrunken bars, the numbers cover a lot up.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4133

(Yes, you can use this in conjunction with ThorUI. Heck, you can pretty much use any mod found here at EQ2Interface with ThorUI!!)

Unread 05-14-2006, 09:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Talking

I love the UI, and recommend it to all my friends and just the other day , recommended to my Guild leader to take a look at it, as he uses mix and matches.
I have started playing with my Templer and have found a couple of things I would love to see implimented if possible.

Someone posted a "click and heal function/assist " on his group window. Is that a possible mob you can look at? As a healler would be awesome to be able to click on disease icon on player window, and the highest cure spell i have would be cast, save so much time. Especially forme, to mouse over disease, read what it is, mouse over my cures, to find appropiate one, and then click to cast, after making sure i had group member target.

Also I have noticed something strange, and it maybe just my machine. but the health bars in group window, seem to go down differetn then the targeted window. henrys in group window, also he is targeted (as in assist mode) but group window shows green going down, and target window shows same groupmemeber in yellow? is that a lag issue?

Keep up the great work.

steven
chief Healer wanna be
Unread 05-20-2006, 12:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

update the program to delete files from the thorui folder. having to delete the entire directory and then re-download everything takes too long.

or for a quicker fix, simply put a comment in the config window stating what files are used for that feature... so someone could just go find those files and delete them instead of the entire directory.
Unread 06-07-2006, 06:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Timer

Is it possible to have the timer window with one that can be user set? So that I can have 10minutes, or 20minutes for timing spawns.

Meelak
Unread 06-11-2006, 03:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

I am not sure if this has been posted before or not, but i believe it would be an awesome addition that you can make to your UI Target window. Let me explain a bit: When fighting an Epic encounter, sometimes not all of the mobs are Epic mobs, for example, there may be 1 epic mob, and 3 heroic mobs in the encounter. But these mobs are all labeled as Epic x #(2,3,4). Now if you put your mouse over the target window, you can distinguish which one is epic and which is not. Another way to do that is to use the "Simplified" conning system. Now lets face it, the simplified conning system is far less superior to the detailed conning system, except for that one advantage while selecting targets in an epic encounter.

I would love to see if it is possible for someone to create a targeting window that would allow you to use the detailed conning system, and still be able to distinguish which mobs were epic, and which were heroic within an epic encounter.
Unread 06-28-2006, 03:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I really have no clue if this has been posted in any shape or form here...I really really enjoy Thor UI. I love all the little conveniences it provides...having said that...I am a purple freak. I just really like the color. So, I saw a UI on here that had all the windows done up in my all time favorite color. Fetish. The thing is, I don't like it near as much as I like Thor UI.

Can you give me purple windows?? or can u suggest how I might go about borrowing Fettish's color scheme while still using all that Thor has to offer?

So basically I'd like to suggest differnt colored skins...hmm maybe I should go make sure I didn't overlook that option in thor....
Unread 07-21-2006, 03:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Default stat window

I would like to see something like Dragowuifui advanced 3-way state strip added. I like to see what may stats are at all times with out having to click anything to see them.
Unread 07-23-2006, 06:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default changes

I love this UI minus one thing, the inventory screen. Its too small and half of it is cutoff unless you expand it. From a raiding perspective, its kinda a pita to switch out gear. I usually just use something more similar to the standard inventory screen however everytime I autoupdate I have to go back in and manually add the default back in.

A huge thing that id love to see implemented into some form of a UI is some sort of a raid points system using the guild events.
Unread 07-23-2006, 10:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainer900
everytime I autoupdate I have to go back in and manually add the default back in.
This is not necessary to do if you have one of two things done:

a) You don't have any inventory window mod selected in the updater's Feature section
b) You have the "Do Not Update if local file is newer" box checked in the Advanced Options section.

Unread 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Feature Idea

Thor, not sure if it is possible but here is my idea.

As a Scout class, we obviously can use potions and poisons. Is it possible to add another inventory slot to equip our two potions/poisons and then just be able to right click or use some sort of /useability when selecting them.

This would make it so easy I run around with almost an entire bag full of these but only use two mainly and to hunt around for them is a pain.

Just a thought dont know if the game allows for this in its structure or not.

Cheers,

Furflies of the Butcherblock server
Unread 07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

That would rock indeed but alas i can not do that.

What i've done is drag and drop my poisons on my hotbar to get a quick click icon for each of them.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshoe003
I've wondered for quite a while now if there would be a way to change how the hotbars show the recast times to show the actual countdown ontop of a shaded hotkey. I think that would make it much easier to quickly glance and tell how long you have til you can cast a particular spell.... just a thought =)

Oh I know what you're talking about. They have this feature in Hinton's UI setting thing... the maintained spells bar has a different timer on each of the different spells that are being maintained. The only annoying part is, the icons for the maintained spell pictures are a bit bigger, and the countdown doesn't wrap to the next line if you try and make the window smaller... so it looks cut off a bit... a small price to pay though, especially if you're an illusionist or if you like using dots/hots. :P

o_o; I hope that was read-able.

And the only thing I really miss coming from other UIs to Thor's is being able to view the UI while I'm loading a new zone. I believe it was available in Fetish, and I didn't really need to be able to use anything... I just like to be able to see my chat or item info while I'm waiting for my super slow computer to finish zoning. :x

^^; Excellent UI. No complaints yet. :P Keep up the sexy work!

Ratterlin, 39 Warden
Nagafen
Unread 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks for the feedback.

The maintained timer info is a feature that you could implement yourself.
ThorUI is built to be as unobtrusive as possible so you may use others works while using the ThorUI as your main UI.

Simply drop other authors works into the thorui forlder and ensure that you have the option "Do not overwrite is local file it newer" selected.

I used to have the chat while zoneing feature but it caused crash to desktop at a couple previous Live Updates therefore I felt it best to discontinue it.

As will all features though you are free to add it on your own.
Just don't yell at me if they cause problems in the future.

I "think" the poster you quoted was recommending a timer on the actual hotkeys to show how much time left on the reuse ability.
Although as interface authors, we can't do this it would indeed be VERY nice and would be best submitted by an in game /feedback
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 08-08-2006, 11:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thumbs Up

how about an updated writ and hq window please
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Heya Faetyl.....

Do you think you could add this guild window mod to the updater? I know you already have the InfoCenter in a separate window, but I personally prefer to use keyboard shortcuts rather than clicking with the mouse to do what I need to do, and I'd rather not waste a hotkey for the command macro.

Unread 08-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'd have to recommend using that one outside/separate from the ThorUI.
There are many individual files associated with the info center and the plan txt documents don't always get handled correctly by the AU.
Therefore I always edit the original infocenter to be one main file rather than all the smaller pieces.
Adding another window to do the same thing to would be a bit much unfortunately.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 08-27-2006, 12:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I'd have to recommend using that one outside/separate from the ThorUI.
There are many individual files associated with the info center and the plan txt documents don't always get handled correctly by the AU.
Therefore I always edit the original infocenter to be one main file rather than all the smaller pieces.
Adding another window to do the same thing to would be a bit much unfortunately.
Fair enough, man. Just thought I'd ask.

Do you think you could add the Claymore questline to the InfoCenter? I'd do it myself, but I'm not too XML savvy and wouldn't know where to start>

Thanks for all the hard work you've done on this awesome UI, dude!!

Unread 09-16-2006, 04:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cool could we have this type of group window?

Hello,
This is the a great group window and I have tried to install this feature with thor UI but I cannot figue it out

I know this is a link to someone elses creation and Im sorry if I have offended anyone.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3355

Thanks.
TJ
Unread 09-16-2006, 08:15 PM
A Griffon

All you need to do is to put all the required files for it in your thorui directory and you should be goood to go.

Also make sure that you don't have any of the group windows selected and/or have the "Do Not Update if local file is newer" option checked within the auto updater. Having either of these done will ensure the updater does not overwrite anything.

Unread 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Shutdown window

Heya,

I got a suggestion about Shutdown window.It would be nice if it was possible to set up shutdown window for the multiple accounts .

I would also like to see some kind of login shortcut as well

Last edited by Oakayam : 10-09-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I implemented this a few days ago.
Been testing it out for a bit longer than I originally had intended but it is available now.

No login shortcut though.
I won't support anything that retains passwords.
Too many horror stories.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-10-2006, 01:01 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
I implemented this a few days ago.
Been testing it out for a bit longer than I originally had intended but it is available now.

Cool

Now could you explain how to edit Shutdown file for muliple accounts or refer me to appropriate thread?

Quote:
No login shortcut though.
I won't support anything that retains passwords.
Too many horror stories.
Shortcut could still prompt for PSW. What I had in mind is something that would skip the patching, logo/graphics loading,ToS agreement and retain user names and character lists for various accounts.

Last edited by Oakayam : 10-10-2006 at 01:04 AM.