EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-18-2011, 10:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml + UIBuilder

Hello, anytime I edit this file in any fashion UIBuilder breaks the health bar somehow.

I checked the bar's properties and everything is okay, yet even if I revert the changes to their previous state the bar remains broken. (say for example, a simple text alignment change for the name from Center to Left, save, then Left to Center again.)

I wasn't sure where to post anything like this, so stuck it here.

Editing it in Notepad is fine...
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norezar View Post
Hello, anytime I edit this file in any fashion UIBuilder breaks the health bar somehow.

I checked the bar's properties and everything is okay, yet even if I revert the changes to their previous state the bar remains broken. (say for example, a simple text alignment change for the name from Center to Left, save, then Left to Center again.)

I wasn't sure where to post anything like this, so stuck it here.

Editing it in Notepad is fine...

What do you mean by broken? UIBuilder often sets the first element to Visible=false when you save a file. Check for that, otherwise I'm not sure.
Unread 10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was compacting main UI elements, removing dead space and generally minimizing everything.

If I use UIBuilder to edit mainhud_player at all, in anyway - the health bars break, but if I do the same edits with Notepad, everything is fine.

(Remains 'broken' after reverting, even if I use Notepad to redo what I changed to it's previous state.)

New to all this, kind of fun but mainhud_target is giving me fits getting everything aligned.
Unread 10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Are you trying to open the actual eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml file with UIBuilder, or are you opening the entire UI via the eq2ui.xml? Trying to open an individaul file instead of the entire UI can (in my experience) cause problems...
Unread 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savie View Post
Are you trying to open the actual eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml file with UIBuilder, or are you opening the entire UI via the eq2ui.xml? Trying to open an individaul file instead of the entire UI can (in my experience) cause problems...
Yes, because windows can contain relative paths to other UI parts which get broken if the relation is not there, UIbuilder will then change them to a local reference to a non-existant resource.
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
What do you mean by broken? UIBuilder often sets the first element to Visible=false when you save a file. Check for that, otherwise I'm not sure.

Yup, it was setting Visible=False on things.

(Like every element of a maintained.xml)

Thanks!