EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-31-2012, 07:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Keeps fgoing back to defult

Afternoon all,
I have been having a problem with getting drums to work ....i load ui and use drums ...place my windows play and everything works then if i log out to desktop it reverts back to the defult ui regardless and then i have to load ui and place my windows again ect can anyone give me any ideas how to fix this frustrating problem please.

thanks,
Dave
Unread 03-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

There are two files that tell eq2 what UI to use. There is eq2_recent.ini, this is the file the game save your settings to for each character and its UI value can be changed by using the loadui command. The other one is a user created file called eq2.ini. Any settings placed in the eq2.ini file will override any settings in the eq2_recent.ini file when the game is first loaded.

So; knowing that, it leads me to believe one of the fallowing is causing it to revert back to the default ui.
  1. Your eq2.ini file has cl_ui_skinname set to Default or Default_blue. As stated above, thing in the eq2.ini file overrides any setting stored in eq2_recent.ini
  2. Your eq2_recent.ini file is write protected.

IIRC the loadui command resets all the UI windows? It has been a while since I've used it. Just do /load_uisettings and pick you char and it should load your last window settings.

Last edited by Landiin : 03-31-2012 at 02:41 PM.