EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn
Default Welcome Window

Is anyone else having an issue with the Welcome window coming up regardless of the setting in the eq2.ini file?

If so doesn't anyone know of a way to stop it from popping up?
I think it may have added a command to OnShow even from one of the default UI files...not sure though.

Will be copying those files onto a flash drive and delving through them tonight while at work if I don't see any ideas by then =)
Unread 08-18-2010, 03:16 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Permafrost

They seem to have removed the cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup option completely. I'm rather upset about that myself.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok if you are using a custom ui move the "eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml" file to your custom UI folder (ie eq2maps ect..)

Then open up the .xml you just copied (not the original) in an editor of some sort (notepad or wordpad are fine)

Then find this, it should be at the very top

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="false" IgnoreTab="false" Location="112,72" MaximumSize="1024,1024" Name="Welcome" PackLocation="center,center" ScrollExtent="820,600" Size="820,600" UserMovable="true" UserScrollable="false" version="2.0">

And change the bolded part to

MaximumSize="0,0"

and it should look like

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="false" IgnoreTab="false" Location="112,72" MaximumSize="0,0" Name="Welcome" PackLocation="center,center" ScrollExtent="820,600" Size="820,600" UserMovable="true" UserScrollable="false" version="2.0">

Save your file and no more welcome screen... (at all, even if you want to actually look at it later lol)
Unread 08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn

I guess that will work for a temporary solution, however the Welcome screen does have useful info to pull up every now and then, just not everytime I login to any toon.

I also searched the text in the files for the default directory and didn't find any sort of OnShow command for the Welcome window.
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Haven't seen any posts here on this in any forum, so figured I's spread what I found at the top of Page 3 of this link:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=485509

Code:
In the eq2.ini file you want to keep this code (or add it):  cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup 0.

At the top of the eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml, you will see this code (same as the previously mentioned technique)

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="false" IgnoreTab="false" Location="112,72" MaximumSize="1024,1024" Name="Welcome" PackLocation="center,center" ScrollExtent="820,600" Size="820,600" UserMovable="true" UserScrollable="false" version="2.0">

Change Name="Welcome" to Name="Welcome Screen".  This makes the EQ2.ini file command valid again and actually PREVENTS the freaking SOE Billboard from showing at all, even minutely.
I have tested this and can confirm if you copy the Welcome window from default to your custom UI folder and made the change the eq2.ini command will work, however it also causes the link from the start menu to not work to open the Welcome window as well as the keybind for the Window to not work either. I even tried a few variations of creating a macro button to open the window, no dice there either.

I tried changing the Name in the file to "WelcomeScreen" Still cannot load with command, however it will still block it from loading fine.

I tried changing the command in eq2.ini to "cl_show_welcome_on_startup 0" & fixing the file back to standard, the window still shows.

Anyone got any other ideas, now that we know we can block the window again without resizing it, we just need to find a way to still be able to toggle it.
Unread 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

That fix isn't a true fix, it just changed the window name so the game cannot find it, and the command you're putting in the eq2.ini is doing absolutely nothing.

A real fix would be to hide the window the first time it comes up with an OnShow event and only have it fire off once.

Add a property to the first <Page>:
HiddenOnce="false"

Add the OnShow property, also to the first <Page>:
OnShow="visible=HiddenOnce&#xD;&#xA;HiddenOnce=true"

Note: I didn't test this. but it should work

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-29-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
That fix isn't a true fix, it just changed the window name so the game cannot find it, and the command you're putting in the eq2.ini is doing absolutely nothing.

A real fix would be to hide the window the first time it comes up with an OnShow event and only have it fire off once.

Add a property to the first <Page>:
HiddenOnce="false"

Add the OnShow property, also to the first <Page>:
OnShow="visible=HiddenOnce&#xD;&#xA;HiddenOnce=true"

Note: I didn't test this. but it should work
Um yes... yes it does. Very nice. It doesn't open but you can indeed open it yourself
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Glad to hear
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
A Griffon

Nicely done Drums, thanks for the help.