Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-18-2005, 05:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howcome
I found the hotkey labels are wrongly being displayed. I've included a screen shot showing the problem. The are showing 4 hotkey labels when there should only be 3. It's creating 2 alt+# hotkey bar labels. It will not cast the right spell this way. Please fix this as I use my keyboard for alot of spell casting.

Thanks.
I think your custom UI.

Next is there a way to included the EQ2 Map project into your download.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3391

I've tried adding it but its not reading it right. Messing up your UI.

Thank you.
All labels are using the same Label code, so if it's not working it's due to SOE, cause the label code is filled by SOE.
Unread 03-18-2005, 07:08 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Sorry but I do not understand, could you please detailed ?
iwas hoping you could do something with heroic opp. window not the hotbar
Unread 03-18-2005, 09:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up awesome ui

WOOOWEEE yo UI shor is perdi... I mean purdy... i mean... nevermind.

1 comment/ponder...
I like the stone skin very much, but i notice that in my main chat when I type a line it is sometimes hard to see what I have typed. The white marbleing of the BG sometimes mixes with the letters and makes it somewhat difficult to see. Not impossible and certainly not a deal breaker for using it. Just wondering if it was something with my setup...

1 question...
When I try to remove letterbox, I uncheck the trim button just fine, but when i tried to slide the letterbox itself down to minimum, it drags my 2 top hotbars down messing up their position, any ideas how to prevent this?

perdi you da shiz, and after reading every post here and in the comments section of downloads, I can help but notice and comment on how patient a person you must be for putting up with all our crap... kudo's to you...

Last edited by longspoon : 03-18-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by longspoon
WOOOWEEE yo UI shor is perdi... I mean purdy... i mean... nevermind.

1 comment/ponder...
I like the stone skin very much, but i notice that in my main chat when I type a line it is sometimes hard to see what I have typed. The white marbleing of the BG sometimes mixes with the letters and makes it somewhat difficult to see. Not impossible and certainly not a deal breaker for using it. Just wondering if it was something with my setup...

1 question...
When I try to remove letterbox, I uncheck the trim button just fine, but when i tried to slide the letterbox itself down to minimum, it drags my 2 top hotbars down messing up their position, any ideas how to prevent this?

perdi you da shiz, and after reading every post here and in the comments section of downloads, I can help but notice and comment on how patient a person you must be for putting up with all our crap... kudo's to you...
Hello Longspoon

The hotbar position is linked to the letterbox size (SOE)

There is two possibility to fix it:

First you can move the hotbar manually after resizing the letter box

1) right click on it
2) selcet windows settings
3) uncheck the lock button
4) move the hotbar
5) check the lock button
6) apply

or if you don't want to bother with that and do not have make too much ui configuration after putting it in place (not to do it again):

1) Log in and resize your letterbox.
2) log off
3) replace the server_character_eq2.ini file by the one I provided.
4) log in

That's it
Unread 03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I agree with your UI, it rocks, however...

going along with what someone just said concerning the typing area of the chat boxes... the marble texture really makes it difficult to see, how can I move the typing portion up into the black area.
Unread 03-19-2005, 12:46 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone
Default Also

Besides my last post i have come across these issues.

1.) Still crashing between chars, wasn't at first now i am again.
2.) Targeting/Implied text is messed up (see image)
3.) Buff window doesn't wrap
4.) On Alt chat still logs in invis, i have to hit enter to bring it up (also started happening when crashing started)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	displayerrors.gif
Views:	345
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1950  
Unread 03-19-2005, 04:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

When I was having problems with chat not saving settings from last session, I just deleted the character ini, the latest changes ini and redid it all. Yes its a pain in the arse but its not *that* much trouble and its given me a stable setup.

Perdi, are you also working on smaller components? Like smaller group box, smaller target etc?

Tyaes done his own updates too recently, you gonna incorporate them?
Unread 03-19-2005, 05:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Amazing Ui

heya PERD your ui is amazing.. jsut have a question or 2 if mind.. that tope spell effects bar keeps the blaxk outs on the edges.. is thta something i cna get rid of buy a setting ro is it a bug? also the new ui looks great but i actually refer the textrue and color of the other one.. any wya youd be willing to reskin this one v6 style?
Unread 03-20-2005, 09:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

Perd, beautiful work on this UI - nice in 1600x1200 too - one question I'm having probs with the graphics at the top as you can see by my pic here...any ideas?

I've tried playing with the opacity, etc but nothing seems to help.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000026.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1983  
Unread 03-20-2005, 02:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordanim
Perd, beautiful work on this UI - nice in 1600x1200 too - one question I'm having probs with the graphics at the top as you can see by my pic here...any ideas?

I've tried playing with the opacity, etc but nothing seems to help.

Thanks

IN the options menu, there is a checkbox for hiding frames in letterbox. I think under interface.

A
Unread 03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Love the UI...

I dont like the Marble look though... Could you point me to the area where i can make it a solid black with no marble look? Then this would be the perfect UI for my needs as well as it seems that many people have the same issue with the marblization of this rendition

Thanks in advance

Istoff

Last edited by Istoff : 03-20-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 03-20-2005, 03:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturis
IN the options menu, there is a checkbox for hiding frames in letterbox. I think under interface.

A
Thanks Arc - that did it!
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istoff
I dont like the Marble look though... Could you point me to the area where i can make it a solid black with no marble look? Then this would be the perfect UI for my needs as well as it seems that many people have the same issue with the marblization of this rendition

Thanks in advance

Istoff
I wonder if just swaping the images from 6 would work? Assuming there have been no file names changes.

A
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Hotkey and spell bar.

I don't think this is a skin issue, but has anyone else ran into problems with setting the primary, secondary, and tertial bars when you have more than 3 displayed? The problem is realy noticable when the labels were active, and something you would have 2 bars labeled as secondary.

Has anyone else mentioned the run off on the active spell bar when you have more buffs than there is room for?
Unread 03-21-2005, 10:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default still working great

I love this ui... runs like a top...

Couple of nonissues...
I miss the old fonts, is there an easy non- "perdi has to do anything" fix to bring back the old fonts? I noticed the default fonts were tga's but we just have arial.ttf...

I downloaded the Gimp but cant get it to open dds's. I tried to find a dds plugin but am unlucky in either find a working one or getting the one i found plugged in so to speak... If I cant get this to work, is there any progress being made by anyone on some new skins... I noticed a few more posts mentioning the desire to switch from the marble look for whatever reason...

Anyway...
keep on rocking perdition...
Unread 03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Neriak

Start off by saying I love this UI and all my characters are using it in EQ2 now.

One issue that is bugging me and I dont know if I have a setting wrong since I have only seen one other person mention this issue:

Whenever the Implied target window is up in my UI, the main target bar text colors go wacky... the target name, level etc all go into unusual (and hard to read) colors and the only way to see HP % from 20% to 0% is to mouse over the target name in window and read it off the popup box for the target. Why? Because on my screen the % number disappears near 20% on HP health for my target.

I know it is a problem with the implied target window addition above the main target window since this only happens when that window is up. Anything that I can do to fix this or is anyone else seeing this as well?

Suggestions would be appreciated.. I noticed this in V6 and it is still here in V7 now... I have deleted and reinstalled the UI several times and the problem persists. I would like to eliminate that implied target window altogether to eliminate the problem but I did not see any option in install to disable it.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

In todays patch exaiming and item will cause game to crash now =(
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Not having the examine items problem here. I can examine just fine with no crashing. However... My maintained spells window is gone now. Instead of being inside the window with my name at the bottom, it is just plain gone. Any ideas?
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

cannot enter text into pop up windows such as Broker window search box, bug reports and the new Mail window is not working as it does in default UI. Thinking a patch to this UI may be needed due to the changes put in today.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:59 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobara
cannot enter text into pop up windows such as Broker window search box, bug reports and the new Mail window is not working as it does in default UI. Thinking a patch to this UI may be needed due to the changes put in today.

Same happening to me
Unread 03-21-2005, 04:29 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Trouble...

Hmmm, the latest patch seems to have caused some major trouble to the mod... the whole AC philosophy has changed and now the AC shows up as 10000... and the maintained spells window is empty... and stays empty... just thought I'd let you know...
Unread 03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakhon
Hmmm, the latest patch seems to have caused some major trouble to the mod... the whole AC philosophy has changed and now the AC shows up as 10000... and the maintained spells window is empty... and stays empty... just thought I'd let you know...

Plus major crash bug on examing window on mods missing a field or something.
Unread 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
A Sea Turtle

AC is now called Mitigation but not being a UI programmer, not sure what that means to custom UIs. I am using (sadly) the default UI until perdition can post an update for the changes... give him time since it looks like a major rework may be needed. New Mailbox window, new fields in the item descriptions, new way to compute AC/Mitigation/Defense, etc
Unread 03-21-2005, 05:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was home at lunch, servers came up just as I got home.... so I tried to add the new fields and take out the old AC one... I apparently didn't notice the massive changes to all the other UI files... such as includes and whatnot... crashed on startup, so I too am using default until he fixes it all... not worth the headache of trying to do it myself. Though, I actually use all 4 rows of hotkeys, so going back to default is going to be painful!! heh

We're gonna be patient Perdition, but ... not TOO patient! jk
Unread 03-21-2005, 08:18 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default A ... tried the images

but it didnt work... it kills the ui all together... Hope Perdition can fix all the new issues as well as go back to V6 color . Perdition this UI is soo close to being the perfect UI. Waiting your arival of next Version

Istoff