EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Issue Changing Default UI Font Size

Greetings, I've searched on topics on this particular subject going on a few hours now, and most of them are either completely unanswered, answered but with the answering not bringing about any success, and so on, so I am bringing this up myself as it is really a complete snag.

I am running on an HDTV like most of these other poor saps and running the game resolution at 1600 x 900 with it at 1080i. This causes the font of the game in certain areas to be amazingly small, and completely unreadable (especially quest text, menu text, and so on) of course the chat font and tool tip font is easily manipulated, but that is only a small amount of font in the game and it is silly for that to be the only font that I can change. I read about going to the file eq2ui_font and changing the PointSize, however I honestly don't see it doing anything! I recreated a new folder, named it fontssuck copied all of the default UI files into it, edited all the pointsize 15 fonts in the file to pointsize 20, created a file eq2.ini with the text "cl_ui_skinname fontssuck
cl_ui_subdir UI/" so by all things I have read the new ui *should* be loading, but when I load the game up I see nothing of significance being any different font unless it changes silly stuff that I wouldn't see in the base UI.

I searched through some of the XML files to maybe find a pointsize listing of the quest log text and other such things, but didn't find anything at first look, and I'm not even sure if it is loading the "fontssuck" UI correctly. I loaded some other complete UIs fine but they didn't have any font changing options, so am I really stuck in a rut here as I'd like to start playing again but not being able to read the quest text and whatnot is dehibilitating.

If anyone knows of any UIs that at least have sizeable font, or how I can go about resizing the font of my default EQ2 UI window, that would be great, thanks a bunch!