EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Profit default crafting window, experiment tab

Here's what I've got so far. I had no luck with the advanced scripting, it works on the crafting tab but juggling the various visibility combinations with both tabs and all the permutations just wasn't working so I left it crafting-only and let the game's internal manipulations work things out. This means that things like switching from single-pane to dual-pane or vice-versa while an experiment combine's running tends not to work as expected. I also want to work on the items pane to make sure it stays visible in dual-pane mode.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (70.7 KB, 808 views)
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing "start" button on Experimentation window

The little green arrow button to start the experimentation process in the tradeskill window is missing. I have tried sinle and double pane views and have tried re-sizing the window manually. No button. Can't start experimenting.
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

Are you using the window posted below, or the one on the Profit updater? The one below is newer and fixes that problem (I hope, it worked for me last night when I tested it before posting it).
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
A Brown Bear

I tried the file posted here and am still not able to experiment as the green arrow is missing. I have tried in both double and single pane with same issue
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default no "begin" button

I'm having the same problem. All i get is the stop sighn and the 6 reaction buttons that are grayed out. tried updating profit ui and it says it's up to date.
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonlady View Post
I'm having the same problem. All i get is the stop sighn and the 6 reaction buttons that are grayed out. tried updating profit ui and it says it's up to date.
The file fixing this issue isn't on the updater. Its the file at the very top of this thread. I loaded it and checked and it does have the begin button. Save the file to your profit ui folder overwriting the one already there. Also if people aren't seeing the button it might be that you didn't update your images as well. Sometimes what happens is windows sets a folder to read only and files don't get saved. Make sure this isn't the case by right clicking on profit folder and checking properties and make sure read only isn't checked or even partitially checked.
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Experiment window start button missing

I have installed the new file, done another update of profit, checked that the new file is there, reloged character and the start button is still missing (

ps: I also changed the profit folder from read only before doing the last update check.

Last edited by Karr : 11-30-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karr View Post
I have installed the new file, done another update of profit, checked that the new file is there, reloged character and the start button is still missing (

ps: I also changed the profit folder from read only before doing the last update check.
Ok take the file at the top right click save as and save it to your profit ui folder then exit the game if its loaded and reload the game. Make sure you don't have eq2 in multiple locations as this has been an issue with others. Also is this a clean install of Profit? because I know when the persona window got updated way back when I was never able to see the buttons etc I came to find out that I had a file called commonelements.xml in the folder and that file stopped me from seeing graphic elements in soHweme windows.

Here is what I see with that window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000066.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	7989  
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

Also people after you've downloaded that link at the top of the page, DO NOT update profit, the file right now that you downloaded is a test file to see if things are working across the board and when you click update it replaces the file you just downloaded.
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

I still don't se the green arrow. I have followed the instructions here with the new file at teh top of this thread, replaced it with teh one in the profitUI folder, run the updater and chose not to update the tradeskill file.

What's going on?

EDIT: Aha, I see it. I camped to char select rather than exiting, and that appears to have sorted the problem.

Last edited by Ghobeschyte : 12-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghobeschyte View Post
I still don't se the green arrow. I have followed the instructions here with the new file at teh top of this thread, replaced it with teh one in the profitUI folder, run the updater and chose not to update the tradeskill file.

What's going on?

EDIT: Aha, I see it. I camped to char select rather than exiting, and that appears to have sorted the problem.
Yeah for guys who are having that issue you might keep in mind no UI initialization is done once the game is loaded. You have to exit the game.
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I went back to do some experimentation and the green button has gone... Of course, I had updated Profit in the meantime. So, will this file at the top of this thread ever be put onto the updater? Because profit updates have occurred and no fixed experimentation... It's a bit confusing.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swelter View Post
I went back to do some experimentation and the green button has gone... Of course, I had updated Profit in the meantime. So, will this file at the top of this thread ever be put onto the updater? Because profit updates have occurred and no fixed experimentation... It's a bit confusing.
It'll be fixed. I'm basically being slammed with a lot of work at work, the usual end-of-the-year crunch not being helped by a major release going out soon, and the scripting in the tradeskill window is not simple and the changes to get it to work right aren't immediately obvious.
Unread 12-16-2012, 12:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

Talking Experiment tab

The link works well. Thanks for the info and for doing all that you do for us profit users
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:05 AM
A Griffon

I think I have the default variant working OK. I'm cleaning up the maintained windows and double-checking some of the more exotic behavior. It mostly gets weird only when you pop from double-pane to single-pane while running a combine, and I think I can live with that.
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

OK, this is what I've got for the default tradeskill window variant. It seems to be working decently for me. Can someone give me another opinion of it? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (70.5 KB, 389 views)
Unread 12-19-2012, 03:17 AM
A Griffon

You said when this change went through, you'd fix the old version to once again recognise enter to start/restart the recipe. I've been waiting patiently, but now that this has been pushed to the patcher, the old version window still doesn't recognise enter. I hope you just forgot that little change and can get it pushed soon, writs are so much easier when I don't have to be moving my mouse around to restart every recipe!
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 12-19-2012, 03:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
You said when this change went through, you'd fix the old version to once again recognise enter to start/restart the recipe. I've been waiting patiently, but now that this has been pushed to the patcher, the old version window still doesn't recognise enter. I hope you just forgot that little change and can get it pushed soon, writs are so much easier when I don't have to be moving my mouse around to restart every recipe!
Working on it. The hard part is finding exactly which attribute controls what the default button is. The new tabs complicate matters, and I'm working on uncomplicating them enough to work.
Unread 12-19-2012, 06:29 AM
A Coastal Crab

I'd just like to say to Tknarr - thanks for all you've done, and are doing, in keeping this UI alive - it really is appreciated.

Considering that SOE have taken to putting out UI changes without warning (as happened last week) then you've got a task on your hands and no mistake!
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:15 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Working on it. The hard part is finding exactly which attribute controls what the default button is. The new tabs complicate matters, and I'm working on uncomplicating them enough to work.
Its been a couple of months, any update on this? Leveling tinkering and doing writs is killing me with all the extra clicking I have to do. I appreciate all you've done!!
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server