EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-24-2014, 04:05 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Variant-Click to Cure method

I was going through the variants today and saw something new called Click to Cure Method...what is this and what is it for?
Unread 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

The normal method ProfitUI and most other UIs use for group/raid window cure buttons is the /useabilityonplayer command. For healer classes with a cure spell that's fine, there's only one numeric spell ID to code for and the cure's almost always available since it's a fast recast. But when it comes to cure potions, there's multiple IDs and the UI has to list them in order and hope you don't have two different types of cure potions in your inventory. And if you have a cure spell on a slow recast (like mages) and need to self-cure using a potion only if your cure's down, the UI can't code for that. So there's cases where the normal /useabilityonplayer UI code may not be optimal.

SOE introduced a /cureplayer command a while back. Unlike /useabilityonplayer, it doesn't need a spell or potion ID. It knows what cures each class has, knows the IDs of the potions, and automatically uses the best one. The downside is that it's too specific for healers. With /useabilityonplayer a healer just has to click somewhere in the cure buttons and their cure will cast. With /cureplayer the healer has to click an active detriment icon, eg. if you click on the trauma icon when your target only has a noxious and arcane detriment active /cureplayer won't fire off a cure.

I wanted support for /cureplayer as an alternative to having to keep the cure item ID lists up-to-date, but I didn't want to force anyone to change to it. So I added it as a variant. By default you get the method Profit's always used. If you're familiar with /cureplayer and think it fits better (and it may if you're a class that needs to use potions to self-cure), you can switch to that variant.