EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

wow that was the fastest responce Ive ever seen...
I am totaly happy now.. it works again. ty ty ty ty
Unread 12-18-2005, 03:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello,
Once again I want to say that I enjoy using ThorUI and if this problem can't be resolved, I will continue to use this UI :-). I was wondering if there was a way I can load the spell listing mod into ThorUI, I don't see the xml file:
eq2ui_mainhud.xml

Thankyou

Program I am referring to is: Reference Library: Spell Listing by hirebrand

Last edited by Dumal : 12-18-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 12-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

I'm not referencing external xml files that would require editing the mainhud.xml at this time. (basically I do everything in my power to keep from doing so as it only complicates things in my humble opinion.)

With that said, I would be happy to see about adding a spell listing into the Help window though

It will take a little time with the holidays and other modifications i'm currenlty working on but i'll see what I can come up with.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleska
Hello,
I am not able to get the New Shutdown Screen on my 3 Good characters that have been in Qeynos for some time. My 1 Evil character is working fine and is in Scale Yard, my 2 Good characters on The Isle of Refuge are working fine. I installed the interface when my 1 Evil character and 2 Good characters were on The Isle of Refuge.

Any suggestion as to what it might be?

Waleska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Be sure to update the file "eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml" with your new characters.
Directions are posted on the "about page" within the ThorUI AU feature.
Just press the "..." button.

Heya Faetyl,
It has been a while between posts. I have uninstalled Thor UI then re-installed the UI. Loaded the UI in-game. I still cannot get 3 of my older avatars to use the Thor UI shutdown xml file. The only xml file I can find is "eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml". Again, these 3 avatars were already in Qeynos at the time I installed the UI. The other 3 were on the Isle of Refuge. I have moved an avatar of the Isle and to Freeport and the whole UI package is working properly. Do I have an option set wrong or what?

Waleska
Unread 12-20-2005, 06:21 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Waleska,

If you have one character that it works properly for, my guess would be you might have a corrupt shutdown file (eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml). I'd suggest deleting it and downloading a fresh one. Make sure the only things you are changing when you modify it are the parts in bold red print on the page the ". . ." button in the AU's Features section takes you to.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I need to make sure you're talking about the "Shutdown/Camp" window that comes up when you select "camp" while in game.

Or is the issue your "Window Placements File/where all your window are located for your alts"?

If it's the camp issue, yeah Lazaru5 brought up a very good point.

If it's the window placement issue, run the "window wizard" located in the options page within the ThorUI AU.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm not referencing external xml files that would require editing the mainhud.xml at this time. (basically I do everything in my power to keep from doing so as it only complicates things in my humble opinion.)

With that said, I would be happy to see about adding a spell listing into the Help window though

It will take a little time with the holidays and other modifications i'm currenlty working on but i'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks for answer, and I'm willing to wait for your spell listing

Hope You and Your Family has a Great time during the holidays
Unread 12-22-2005, 10:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Corrupt Profiles of Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Waleska,

If you have one character that it works properly for, my guess would be you might have a corrupt shutdown file (eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml). I'd suggest deleting it and downloading a fresh one. Make sure the only things you are changing when you modify it are the parts in bold red print on the page the ". . ." button in the AU's Features section takes you to.

I found that the Profiles on first 3 Characters were Corrupted. I renamed the profiles and they were re-built by the game. After that the shutdown file (eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml) worked on those Characters.

Thanks for the help in this matter!

Waleska
Unread 12-22-2005, 11:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Changing eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown

I have tried changing eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown with the EQ2UIBuilder.exe. I am wanting to add Character and Server names. However, everytime I make a change and I run "Thor UI Auto Update" program, a new copy of eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown is downloaded. What am I doing wrong?

Waleska
Unread 12-22-2005, 12:40 PM
A Griffon

There is an option in the Advanced section of the AU which, when checked/marked, will keep the AU from overwriting newer files.

Unread 12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Full instructions in the features section for all UI mods.
Just click the "..." button to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleska
I have tried changing eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown with the EQ2UIBuilder.exe. I am wanting to add Character and Server names. However, everytime I make a change and I run "Thor UI Auto Update" program, a new copy of eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown is downloaded. What am I doing wrong?

Waleska
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-26-2005, 08:20 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via MSN to Skinn
Default Target Box/Implied Target box (think thats the names)

Hi, Once again Thank you for a wonderful UI.

I need some help with changing something plz.
I personally prefer the Target/Implied Boxes from the "fetish" UI.
I thought i could simply replace your files with the ones from the Fetish one, but when i did this all i get is a black box. I can mouse over it and it gives me the info, but obviously that is not any use.
So i was wondering if it was possible to change this file someway.

Thank you in advance.
Unread 12-26-2005, 12:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Stupid easy question (I hope)

OK one stupid question (I thought I knew the answer but apparently I'm dumber than I thought). Lets say I have a basic setup on a character that I like, how can I duplicate to another character? (I thought it was simply a matter of changing the character.ini file but apparently I'm wrong). The character in question is a new character created after the initial install of ThorUI (if it matters)

Thanks for such a wonderful UI
Unread 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by helrazor
OK one stupid question (I thought I knew the answer but apparently I'm dumber than I thought). Lets say I have a basic setup on a character that I like, how can I duplicate to another character? (I thought it was simply a matter of changing the character.ini file but apparently I'm wrong). The character in question is a new character created after the initial install of ThorUI (if it matters)

Thanks for such a wonderful UI

You should be able to simply copy the character .ini file (mine, for example, would be mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini) you wish to duplicate and rename it for the new character. So, if I make a new character that I want to use the same window setup as my main, I would copy the above file and rename it with my new character (from mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini to mistmoore_joeschmo_eq2_uisettings.ini).

Unread 12-26-2005, 11:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

Is there a way to make the inventory window larger? specificlally the part that shows what the character has equipped? Or iss there a mod that would keep most of this interface( which I like very much) but do something more like the paper-doll display of equipment? I dropped my the resolution of the game downb down to 1024, which seemed to make most of the windows the size I wanted, but I have to squint to make out the equipment.
Anyway, thank you for the interface, and Happy Holidays.
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Go into the features section and use Jaxel's inventory mod or if you don't like it either simple deselect any inventory mod, delete the thorui folder and allow it to redownload all files. You'll then have the thorui without using the inventory mod.

FYI, paperdoll is accessable through the persona window and is completely resizable. My inventory mod is meant to make the inventory small enough to remain open and funtion as a hotbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piemax
Is there a way to make the inventory window larger? specificlally the part that shows what the character has equipped? Or iss there a mod that would keep most of this interface( which I like very much) but do something more like the paper-doll display of equipment? I dropped my the resolution of the game downb down to 1024, which seemed to make most of the windows the size I wanted, but I have to squint to make out the equipment.
Anyway, thank you for the interface, and Happy Holidays.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default installing problems

I point the installer to my eq2 ui folder and it installs there but then the updater sends all the files its dling to c:\thorui so ui will not work so after atemping to do it again a few times i said screw it and just copyed files to the ui folder from the c:\thorui witch works but defeats the perpose of the installer and updater. I looked for an option to change the folder where the updater puts its files with no luck. What am i doing wrong ?
Unread 12-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Uninstall completely.
Install the ThorUI AU [Let it install in the default location of C:\Program Files\thorui]
Run the ThorUI AU then click on cancel to stop the download.
Click on Options and setup the patth to the UI to your EverQuest II\UI directory.

Let me know if you need more help.
Note: Install instructions are posted here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyy
I point the installer to my eq2 ui folder and it installs there but then the updater sends all the files its dling to c:\thorui so ui will not work so after atemping to do it again a few times i said screw it and just copyed files to the ui folder from the c:\thorui witch works but defeats the perpose of the installer and updater. I looked for an option to change the folder where the updater puts its files with no luck. What am i doing wrong ?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-27-2005, 07:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Load The User Interfac Selector ? HOW?

I need to get to it to copy settings and switch between default and thorui as i can't get thor ui to use everything but it's tradeskill window. I need the default one and i have it unchecked but still uses thorui's so i need to beable to switch back and forth.
Unread 12-28-2005, 04:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herculezz
I need to get to it to copy settings and switch between default and thorui as i can't get thor ui to use everything but it's tradeskill window. I need the default one and i have it unchecked but still uses thorui's so i need to beable to switch back and forth.
OK, if I understand your situation correctly, you've tried using the tradeskill window provided in ThorUI but don't want it anymore and you're having trouble reverting back to the default window, right?

If that's the case, you have two options.

1) Browse to your thorui folder (by default, it's usually C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui), and delete the eq2ui_tradeskills.xml file in there.

2) Delete the entire thorui folder, and rerun the AU (make sure you have any/all mods unchecked that you don't want, of course).

Unread 12-28-2005, 04:45 AM
A Grove Wisp

Hi guys, I posted this above, but i seem to be passed over.
Plz could i get help with this, i cant code or do any of the fancy stuff you have put together, i just want to put a different styled target box in place of the current one u use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinn

I thought i could simply replace your files with the ones from the Fetish one, but when i did this all i get is a black box. I can mouse over it and it gives me the info, but obviously that is not any use.

Thank you in advance.
Unread 12-28-2005, 10:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Hi guys, I posted this above, but i seem to be passed over.
Plz could i get help with this, i cant code or do any of the fancy stuff you have put together, i just want to put a different styled target box in place of the current one u use.
Not sure if this will help or not, but.....

Delete the entire thorui folder from your UI directory, and rerun the AU. Make sure you have any unwanted mods unselected before running the AU, of course. Then add any desired mods that aren't included in ThorUI afterward.

You could also request the windows you prefer to use to be added as an option in the AU

Unread 12-28-2005, 11:30 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thanks Lazaru5,
I'll give that a go.

As for requesting it, i felt a bit cheeky as it was, but for that one Target box (which seems to keep me alive when tackling mobs) this UI is perfect.

Ill seek out the request thread and post my cheekyness there

Edit: Tried it m8, it didnt work

Last edited by Skinn : 12-28-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Fetish renames most default files to fetish.* or something of that sort.
So his mod is looking for files that don't exist.

Easy way to get his taget mod to work with thorui au is to...
1.) setup ThorUI AU (ensure you go into options and select "do not overwrite newer files")
2.) Download his target mod and extract to a folder
3.) Take the contents of that folder and copy them all to the EverQuest II\UI\thorui folder. (Make sure you've got the actual files as it may extract to a folder within a folder...)
That should do it...
Quote:

Thank you in advance.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-28-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM
A Grove Wisp

That worked great thank you so much for your help.