EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-28-2014, 09:36 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unkown
Default Autoattack Bar getting stuck sometimes!

hi guys.
one annoying thing I notice especially on my druid is the autoattack bar gets stuck at 100% and does not refill, despite melee or ranged button is still active.
Why does this happen, and is it just cosmetic (meaning autoattack is still doing damage) or has my autoattack actually stopped?

I know, on my SK, when this happens it is because i press skill buttons to quickly and dont let enough pause to make autoattack activace, taking a short break will fix it in this case, not so on my warden.
Unread 03-29-2014, 11:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have noticed a few anomalies in autoattack that lead me to believe that attack modes sometimes do not change, cycle or end as they should. I have sometimes noticed the autoattack bar stall at full.

In one specific case (Ry'Gorr Rearguards in Eastern Wastes) ranged autoattack does not switch to melee autoattack when the mob gets close. It only happens with that one mob.

I also have seen combat mode fail to end when the target is dead. It seems most likely to happen with a merc, especially if the merc lands the killing blow.

This all started about the time SOE added switches to let users decide how autoattack should work. I consider it a client issue and not an interface issue. I don't use the default UI so I have not had any chance to confirm the behavior there.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-29-2014, 12:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I've noticed the anomalies Therendil mentioned too. Like he said, I've put it down to weirdness in mode switches. I think the autoattack timers sync with an attack happening and not the timer hitting 100% so that they stay in sync despite attacks being delayed because of a spell being cast or you being stunned and unable to attack when the timer hits full. And eg. melee autoattack doesn't just happen, something has to happen to trigger it (you manually start it, you use a melee CA, you get hit and have your options set to start melee when hit). That causes weirdness when you've gotten too close for a ranged attack to fire off while one was running but you haven't done anything to trigger melee autoattack to start up (eg. the mob died to a DoT just as it reached you, so it never hit you and you never had a chance to melee it).
Unread 05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Butcherblock

At this point, can't you take out ProfitUI's autoattack bar and use the in-game one? I know Razc's Autoattack bar was an incredible feat of UI coding considering the limitations, but now that we have a built-in one that has code support, it might make sense to just switch.
Unread 05-02-2014, 08:00 AM
A Griffon

That might be an interesting exercise, since there seem to be several things going on at once.

Looking back at specific cases, the case with Ry'Gorr Rearguards is clearly failure to switch attack modes from ranged to melee and the bar is just reporting what it sees. I cannot recall other cases where the bar stuck at full, but I can watch for new instances.

In cases where attack mode fails to end, the bar goes away but the weapon icon continues to flash over the target bar (even with no target selected) and run speed remains at combat levels. This happens enough to be annoying, but I have not yet found a pattern to it.

-= Therendil =-