EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-26-2009, 08:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default low framrate with 11.0 ?

Installing Fetish 11.0 droppt my framerate from 45 => 15

Reinstallig 10.9 rises the framerate back to 45. (but because of the missing features this was not a solution, just a try

Any ideas what can cause this reproducable problem in the german version?
Unread 09-26-2009, 07:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I noticed something similar. While in performance settings, my FPS was about 15-20. I switched to the EQ2 default, and it went up to about 30-40 FPS.

Let me know if you need any more details.
Unread 09-26-2009, 07:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

samething very low frame rate when in combat around 12fps and when out of combat shoots up to 60fps

fresh install
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock
Default Low Frame Rate.

Always did get a marginal reduction in Frame Rate.

But this is definitely a bigger chunk.

Usually 50-55 average drops to around 15/20.

/Loadui default and it is like GOLD except all my goodies are gone

Also still not able to load journal/collection or AA point screens.
Unread 09-26-2009, 11:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default Same Problem

I am experiencing the same problem. I may go back to 10.9 and try to copy the features over from the default ui until a better solution is found.
Unread 09-26-2009, 11:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Default No go

I tried reverting back to 10.9 and I stil have very low framerates...loadui default didn't help me either...I have a gtx260 and core i7 with 6g of ram and every other game I play and movies are all fine so I think its the game itself since the update? Although I plyed it the ifrst night before installing new version of fetish and it was fine. Im not sure why the UI would cause such a performance drop though.
Unread 09-27-2009, 03:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

using the old _Fetisch_refresh.xml (from 10.9) makes the framerates a little bit better (15->25) and EQ2 playable but still framerates are much lower than before the update. (instead of 45 before update)

I do not know what sideaffect are occuring now, but it seem to work
Unread 09-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Premium Member

There is evidence from reading the SOE forums that this is not UI related, but an issue with the update itself ... also related is some manner of memory leak and frequent out of memory crashes (which they patched, but the patch was not effective).
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeanor View Post
There is evidence from reading the SOE forums that this is not UI related, but an issue with the update itself ... also related is some manner of memory leak and frequent out of memory crashes (which they patched, but the patch was not effective).

Although there does seem to be some reduction in performance due to the patch, I am 100% sure that Fetish makes it much worse

Just been experimenting

With default UI - getting 55-60 fps in my guildhall
With latest fetish - getting 20-25 fps in my guildhall
With latest Profit - getting 40=45 fps in my guildhall

A few other guildmates, taht use fetish normally, are reporting that their performance is much lower when usign Fetish
Unread 09-27-2009, 02:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Both the hubby and I are experiencing low frame rate. I thought it was something with the GU and hoped that SOE would "clean things up a bit more" and we'd see the frame rate go back to where it belonged. It annoyed me enough last night that I just gave up and logged out. Never suspected Fetish Nightfall so never tried it with the default UI or a different UI. Just my two cents.
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoki View Post
using the old _Fetisch_refresh.xml (from 10.9) makes the framerates a little bit better (15->25) and EQ2 playable but still framerates are much lower than before the update. (instead of 45 before update)

I do not know what sideaffect are occuring now, but it seem to work
Anyone able to link this file or whichever, for some reason I didn't have 10.9 saved onto my comp

Unless someone can give me a way to install 10.9 again? Kinda sucks playing with 10 frames in combat and 50 outside of combat reguardless of the settings I play on. : /
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

You know every file posted on this site has a feature that archives previous versions unless the author chooses to delete the archive.

Take a look at the download page for Fetish scroll down below the Description area to Archive List and you can download any version that has been posted.
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Butcherblock

Wow... Hubby noticed that after the GU and the Fetish update that his Frame rate dropped too. He was blaming me for updating Fetish! I better not tell him that he may have been right. I just assumed that it had something to do with the update to the game as well.
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay1973 View Post
Although there does seem to be some reduction in performance due to the patch, I am 100% sure that Fetish makes it much worse

Just been experimenting

With default UI - getting 55-60 fps in my guildhall
With latest fetish - getting 20-25 fps in my guildhall
With latest Profit - getting 40=45 fps in my guildhall

A few other guildmates, taht use fetish normally, are reporting that their performance is much lower when usign Fetish
Sorry to say, but saying fetish is the problem is Wrong, at least as far as I can tell, I am using Fetish in both live and test server and on live I am having terrible trouble, but yet, using a copy and past from live to test I am having NO, that is correct NO issues at all. I can fly through every zone and move with no probs at all. So if it were the Fetish ui, then I would have same probs in test server as I am in live splitpaw server.

It is deffently something between live and test that they did while installing to live that was/is not on test.

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

It's possible (not confirmed) that there is a performance bug on live that is magnified by v11 changes to the Maintained and Refresh windows. I personally have not noticed any significant problems, even while 2-boxing on the same machine, which leads me to suspect it may be specific to certain hardware.

Just a guess here, but v11 added color shifting to the ability labels in these 2 windows. Its possible the processing required to make this work is too much for some setups. If you're experiencing problems, try reverting your Maintained and Refresh windows to v10.9.

Meanwhile I'll see if I can't implement the same functionality in a way that's less of an issue.
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Not Fetish..least on my machine

I posted earlier thinking that the UI is to blame and trust me Zonx..not your UI...I did a complete clean install of EQ2, and I still am getting the same frame rates that I got running Fetish.

Core i7 920
GTX 260
6 gigs of ram

If it is specific to certain hardware that may be it, but my performance is game related I can now confirm.
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just removed Fetish, and that made my framrate go back to normal. It sux, because I have allways used this UI
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
It's possible (not confirmed) that there is a performance bug on live that is magnified by v11 changes to the Maintained and Refresh windows. I personally have not noticed any significant problems, even while 2-boxing on the same machine, which leads me to suspect it may be specific to certain hardware.

Just a guess here, but v11 added color shifting to the ability labels in these 2 windows. Its possible the processing required to make this work is too much for some setups. If you're experiencing problems, try reverting your Maintained and Refresh windows to v10.9.

Meanwhile I'll see if I can't implement the same functionality in a way that's less of an issue.
But if that be the case, then why does everything run smoothly on the test servers? I have exactly the same setup in both. All I did was copy my live fetish folder to the test ui folder.

Unread 09-29-2009, 01:14 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Live client isn't the same as Test client.

Hypothetically speaking, lets say there's a bug in the live client that leaks a tiny bit of memory and slows frame rates a smidge every time a UI script is executed. Default uses almost no scripting, so the bug isn't that noticeable with default on the Live client. And if the bug doesn't exist in the Test client, you wont see it there either.

But a custom UI feature like the color shifting ability labels requires script execution every 10th of a sec on every buff with a duration timer. So now instead of the bug compounding once every minute or so, its piling up at the rate of 10 buffs x 10 ticks a sec x 60 sec per minute = 6,000 times faster than in default.

Technically not a problem with the UI, but the problem might be more apparent in a UI that is processing a lot of script commands.

Again... this is all hypothetical. SOE has acknowledged LU53 did in fact introduce memory leaks and other performance problems that have not been fixed. Weather these bugs are compounded by UI scripting is unconfirmed.

In the last 24hrs I ran 2 Live clients with FetishNightfall v11 on the same machine. After 6+ hours straight in Sanctum of Scale with heavy combat, I saw no noticeable problems until I zoned.

I also raided for 3hrs straight and didn't notice a significant performance drop from pre v11.
Unread 09-29-2009, 02:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzen View Post
Sorry to say, but saying fetish is the problem is Wrong, at least as far as I can tell, I am using Fetish in both live and test server and on live I am having terrible trouble, but yet, using a copy and past from live to test I am having NO, that is correct NO issues at all. I can fly through every zone and move with no probs at all. So if it were the Fetish ui, then I would have same probs in test server as I am in live splitpaw server.

It is deffently something between live and test that they did while installing to live that was/is not on test.

I am not saying Fetish is the cause of the problem, but , it is , without a doubt, makign the problem a lot worse for a lot of people.
i have always loved Fetish and when asked by guildies about UI mods, pointed them in the fetish direction.
because of this, we have a high level of fetish users.
Almost all are agreeing that they see a huge drop in performance when using Fetish.
Profit gives a drop in FPS but not to the extent that Fetish does.

It is most markable within our Guildhall, where my FPS drops around 50% when using Fetish and about 30% when using Profit.

When running with the default UI, my FPS is still around 15% lower than it was pre-GU53, so, that would suggest there is a problem with the client (most people seem to agree that the patch introduced memory leaks and other problems that need addressing) but I am 100% sure (and there is eveidence from myself and others to back this up) that running Fetish increases the problem
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
A Griffon

ok, I'll be the first to say I was wrong. After reading Zonx's post about how the refresh and maintained files could be the problem, I decided to see. At first I replaced the _Fetish_refresh.xml and _Fetish_refreshfilters.xml with version 10.9 and was surprised to see that I was able to move about a little better. I then replaced the eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml with version 10.9 and Wow, I am flying through areas with NO, that is correct NO probs. I shall say no more.

Unread 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Glad it worked for you Turzen

I tried what you did Turzen and saw no difference. But then I have already tried a clean install and that didn't work with the default ui. Makes me angry because my system is only 6 months old and before update I could run max settings for almost everything with 50-60 fps at least....many times more. I have updated my motherboard bios and checked vid card drivers and everything and it is just terrible. Getting 15-25 fps all the time now.
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewish View Post
I tried what you did Turzen and saw no difference. But then I have already tried a clean install and that didn't work with the default ui. Makes me angry because my system is only 6 months old and before update I could run max settings for almost everything with 50-60 fps at least....many times more. I have updated my motherboard bios and checked vid card drivers and everything and it is just terrible. Getting 15-25 fps all the time now.
If you're having problems even with the default UI, then the source of your troubles is just the general memleaks and over-use of memory after GU53 and not Fetish-specific.
Unread 09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Maybe its a EU server problem?

I play on splitpaw, and my RL friend has the exact same problem with Fetish. We both have pretty decent PCs, that runs eq2 with about 40-50fps in a full tombs raid with balanced performance. No spell effects.

With Fetish
Before LU 53 40-50fps (In combat. 24man raid. No spelleffects)
After LU 53 9-15fps (In combat 24man raid. No spelleffects) Basically unplayable :O

After last raid, I had to test with default UI, and it went back to normal. Not saying it's a Fetish UI problem or anything. This is just the facts I have from me and my friend experience. And for now, we just can't use the UI, which sux for us, because we love it! Hopefully SOE will come out with a hotfix or something soon!
Unread 09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnethjelmen View Post
Maybe its a EU server problem?

I play on splitpaw, and my RL friend has the exact same problem with Fetish. We both have pretty decent PCs, that runs eq2 with about 40-50fps in a full tombs raid with balanced performance. No spell effects.

With Fetish
Before LU 53 40-50fps (In combat. 24man raid. No spelleffects)
After LU 53 9-15fps (In combat 24man raid. No spelleffects) Basically unplayable :O

After last raid, I had to test with default UI, and it went back to normal. Not saying it's a Fetish UI problem or anything. This is just the facts I have from me and my friend experience. And for now, we just can't use the UI, which sux for us, because we love it! Hopefully SOE will come out with a hotfix or something soon!
Have you tried the suggestion of using either the default or the 10.9 version of the effects, maintained, and detrimental windows? Those seem to be the main culprits for many folks.