EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown
Default Bug with quest journal

Hello Thor, fantastic UI you've created here. However, today I noticed that everytime I tried to open all my quests, my everquest would completely close out immediately. We didn't realize this was happening with that until it happened twice in a row, but it's something that I'm wondering if others are having problems with as well. I can open each category and see each quest, but if I try to open all of the quests, everquest crashes. Doesn't give me a message or anything, just immediately closes out and that's it. I haven't tried this with any other UI or default, so I don't know if it's the game, or your specific UI. Any suggestions?
Unread 01-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Try deleting the thorui folder and letting the thorui AU redownload all the thorui files fresh.

Also check to see if you have my quest journal selected.
It should have a title of "ThorUI Quest Journal"

If you still have trouble after doing the above let me know and we'll see what we can track the issue down to.

You can also look in your Sony\EverQuest II directory and see if you have a "ui.log" and look at it.
This will list issues with UI pieces. (Yes it lists issues with SOE's default as well)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 01-15-2007, 02:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Journal Disappears

Hey, i've read through all posts I could find about journal problems (if I have missed any posts and this is a repeat...direct me plz). I don't have any problems with the content of the quest journal, it's just that my quest info window isn't being displayed at all (as per normal EQ2 screen with quest info showing). I have deleted Thor and reinstalled a couple of different ways, and finally got the quest info to show...but as soon as I zoned, the window was gone again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(BTW, the ui.txt file says: Encountered data outside of container tags.)
Unread 01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

check the ui.txt for what ui item is causing the issue.
It looks like SOE has an issue with thier "examine xml" according to my ui.txt

I'm not aware of anything that would cause this issue.
Try deselecting the quest feature in the thorui au then delete the folder and let it pull everything down again.

Then log in and see if it still happens.

It's all trial and error till you can track down the issue.
I could if it was a global issue and everyone was having the same problem but that doesn't seem to be the case currently so i'm left guessing it something specific to your install.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."