EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanx heaps Dethdlr the bandaind worked for me will do till the zonk does his thing for the best ui in the game
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Important: Level Ups and HotBars

On 3 different systems only using fetish (with filename changes for gu57) we all are having the same problem, when you level up, it randomly sticks the newly aquired Comabt Art, Ability, or Spell over an existing hotbar button... e.g. if not familiar with the hotbar, must figure out what button it took out to put the new ability on the hotbar... if this had only been on one system, would have thought it might be a bug or something, but since its happening on all 3 systems, I thought it would be worth mentioning while the update is under construction (or to see if anyone else was also having this issue)...

Have tried it with locked and unlocked windows, etc... and it seems to do it whether the window is locked or unlocked....

Hoping the update fixes this or someone may know how to prevent this... Leveling is becoming an issue of having to screenshot the hotbars to ensure you dont lose the buttons when you level up....
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Just a tip the 2 files from the eq2map updater that change the view are

Skinnable_Windowelements.xml
Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml

Just make them both read only and you can update the map as normal without fear of it overwriting the image.Have done this with profit as I use that and works fine.
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixoa View Post
Just a tip the 2 files from the eq2map updater that change the view are

Skinnable_Windowelements.xml
Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml

Just make them both read only and you can update the map as normal without fear of it overwriting the image.Have done this with profit as I use that and works fine.
Although those may also cause problems, those are not the files that caused the issue with FetishNightfall. The file that caused my fetish issues was eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml. That's also the main file that EQ2Maps says was updated. This is the one that the GU57 bandaid replaces with the pre-GU57 version.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethdlr View Post
Although those may also cause problems, those are not the files that caused the issue with FetishNightfall. The file that caused my fetish issues was eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml. That's also the main file that EQ2Maps says was updated. This is the one that the GU57 bandaid replaces with the pre-GU57 version.
The only thing that changed with eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml is the Z order of the the two files listed. Them main change was in Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml. ultimately you want to use EQ2MAP's ingorelist xml file to block files from being updated.
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:10 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
The only thing that changed with eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml is the Z order of the the two files listed. Them main change was in Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml. ultimately you want to use EQ2MAP's ingorelist xml file to block files from being updated.
Agreed. I had all the xml files except eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml in the ignore list already. When I ran the updater and compared my pre-update folder to my post-update folder, eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml was the only xml file that had changed and my maps were nothing but black boxes. I replaced that with the pre-update version and the maps were back up and running for Fetish. As a general rule, I don't run the updater after a GU until Zonx has pushed a new version that fixes everything.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Butcherblock

To be honest, I am scared to log in again. I did briefly and was so lost with the new UI. I am waiting until Fetish is updated...

Thank you for all your work on this UI, it is GREATLY appreciated!
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile bandaid 1.3

thx for that updated bandaid, did the trick and maps r working now. Just waitin for Zonx to work his magic with the full ui now. Used this ui since i started playing years ago. Thx for all the work Zonx :-)
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariana57 View Post
To be honest, I am scared to log in again. I did briefly and was so lost with the new UI. I am waiting until Fetish is updated...

Thank you for all your work on this UI, it is GREATLY appreciated!
Grab the bandaid. With that, you'll be fine until Zonx pushes the next release.

If you haven't run the map updater then all you have to do is drop GU57Bandaid.bat into your FetishNightfall folder and run it.

If you HAVE run the map updater, drag the entire contents of the .zip file into your FetishNightfall folder, run GU57Bandaid.bat and GU57BandaidMap.bat.

Read the .txt file in the .zip file for a few tips but it's not really needed. It just tells you to right click the maintaind spells window and choose Hide Text and tells you to right click the XP bar, choose Minimize, and to drag it away from the bottom to resize it. Pretty simple stuff.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolaris View Post
On 3 different systems only using fetish (with filename changes for gu57) we all are having the same problem, when you level up, it randomly sticks the newly aquired Comabt Art, Ability, or Spell over an existing hotbar button... e.g. if not familiar with the hotbar, must figure out what button it took out to put the new ability on the hotbar... if this had only been on one system, would have thought it might be a bug or something, but since its happening on all 3 systems, I thought it would be worth mentioning while the update is under construction (or to see if anyone else was also having this issue)...

Have tried it with locked and unlocked windows, etc... and it seems to do it whether the window is locked or unlocked....

Hoping the update fixes this or someone may know how to prevent this... Leveling is becoming an issue of having to screenshot the hotbars to ensure you dont lose the buttons when you level up....
That is not a bug within Fetish, it's a bug within how SOE's code is deciding which spell is an upgrade of another. They have to fix that, not something we can fix.
Unread 08-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Ahhh my dear Zonx ... another donation in your paypal ...
I realize how much work this is for you and how it takes time away from your family and other things you wish to do ...
I know this cause my hubby is constantly on call to friends and family to fix their computers and / or walk them thru things on the phone ... even while we are eating dinner or on vacation !!!

You are much appreciated .... and I hope others take the time to let you know how much your UI enhances their play, with a little donation also ...

HUGS dear friend ... without your UI my play would not give me near as much pleasure and be so easy on the my eyes

As always ....and you know ... YOU ROCK !!!!

PS to others ... He no longer plays EQ2 .. but being the awesome person he is ... he has been keeping up with this UI for LONG time ... so if you have a couple bucks ... send it to him ... let him know you appreciate his time and loyalty to those of us who use this UI .... *shrug* .... just my two cents ...

Wynd

Thought just in case it was missed on the other forum I would repost it here for those that use Fetish ... just so they might send some monetary thanks Zonx's way ... Because frankly ... I can hardly bear to play without this UI and its worth every penny Ive sent ... especially since he doesn't play and has no dog in this fight so to speak ... does it only for us ...
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Nagafen

when the new comes out the final version to download of fetish?
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynd View Post
Ahhh my dear Zonx ... another donation in your paypal ...

PS to others ... He no longer plays EQ2 .. but being the awesome person he is ... he has been keeping up with this UI for LONG time ... so if you have a couple bucks ... send it to him ... let him know you appreciate his time and loyalty to those of us who use this UI .... *shrug* .... just my two cents ...

Wynd

Thought just in case it was missed on the other forum I would repost it here for those that use Fetish ... just so they might send some monetary thanks Zonx's way ... Because frankly ... I can hardly bear to play without this UI and its worth every penny Ive sent ... especially since he doesn't play and has no dog in this fight so to speak ... does it only for us ...
I did not know he stopped playing. I have been selfishly sapping off his works for years. I have finally 'ante upped' and kicked in. Thanks Zonx!

Last edited by Evenrute : 08-20-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: crappy grammar :P
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

Its not a bug from the UI or on SoE side, it was included in the update notes...

"If a new spell is a newer version of an old spell on your hotbar it will replace the older version rather than adding a new button on your hotbar."

it's a feature now.
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joas View Post
Its not a bug from the UI or on SoE side, it was included in the update notes...

"If a new spell is a newer version of an old spell on your hotbar it will replace the older version rather than adding a new button on your hotbar."

it's a feature now.
Assuming it is working as intended and not replacing the WRONG spell, let me add a bit of clarification from SmokeJumper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeJumper
The general rule of thumb is that if a spell is upgraded to Expert or above, then it is not replaced by the next update.
Now, if it's replacing OTHER spells/CAs, that would be a bug of some sort.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

It just hit me that I was very very ungrateful and rude ...

Thank you so very much Dethdir for your "bandaid" and helping everyone keep playing till Zonx gets the update done ...

You are very kind and thoughtful to keep us from goin nuts in the meantime

*full curtsey to Dethdir* Thank you again !!!! and again !!!!

Hugs a bunches
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos
Default Many thanks to all

First of all, I want to thank Zonx for keeping this going..he has way more knowledge and devotes time I can't imagine to keeping this up. I have donated in the past and will again because I love his UI...

Thanks also to Dethdlr for the bandaids. They all worked..except the map one does not seem to be working for me...but I'm going to try reapplying it. I have been using Fetish for 4-5 years and love it.

Thanks again to all who help with this.

Marius/Samiur
90 pally/warlock
Nektulos Server
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Assuming it is working as intended and not replacing the WRONG spell, let me add a bit of clarification from SmokeJumper:

Now, if it's replacing OTHER spells/CAs, that would be a bug of some sort.
It is replacing "random" CA's, spells, etc as specified in the original post about this issue... Not sure where the bug lies, soe, ui, or what, but its a royal pita to level up with it doing what its doing Having to screen shot each level to ensure the leveling process doesnt overlap any needed CA's
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:21 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

Quote:
download the Fetish GU57 Bandaid v1.3 to fix your maps
Thx for the map fix
Unread 08-21-2010, 09:41 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

hm when comes the part on to download ? i dont understand it and i need the fetish ui update hope it comes soon..
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:50 AM
A Griffon

To all those sending thanks my way, you're very welcome. I love this UI as well and don't know how I would play without it. I'm glad I've been able to help some others out with the bandaid.

To those who are still having issues with the map: I just uploaded GU57 Bandaid v1.4 that replaces more of the map files with their original versions. Once it gets approved, grab the latest .zip file, unzip the whole thing into your FetishNightfall folder, and run GU47BandaidMap.bat. This version also includes/replaces the ignore list file so you should be able to run the map updater if you choose without it messing up your maps again.

To anyone that has used the bandaid so far: I had no idea this thing would be as popular as it has turned out to be. Based on it's popularity, I'm considering making this a regular thing for new releases. Each time a new release comes out, I'll post a bandaid to get us back up and running until Zonx pushes a new release. Sound like a good idea?
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
It is replacing "random" CA's, spells, etc as specified in the original post about this issue... Not sure where the bug lies, soe, ui, or what, but its a royal pita to level up with it doing what its doing Having to screen shot each level to ensure the leveling process doesnt overlap any needed CA's
This was posted on the forums about an hour ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gninja
There is actually a bug currently where spells and/or abilities are replacing the wrong versions. We are looking into it. The way it should work is it should only replace it if it actually a higher quality spell of the same type.
Not sure if that's what's causing your problems or not but it does seem as though something isn't quite working as intended.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sounds fantastic to me !!!!

You will be loved by thousands ... lol

Thank you again and again and again

Keep us all from goin thru withdrawls after updates till Zonx can get updated.... cause usually I just dont play at all till he fixes what SoE has broken ....

Much appreciated !!! HUGS
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:33 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

hm dont works for me
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penebo View Post
hm dont works for me
If you're talking about the latest fix for the maps, that version hasn't been approved yet. Once v1.4 is approved, give it a try.

Unzip everything to your FetishNightFall folder

Run GU57Bandaid.bat and GU57BandaidMap.bat

Should get it up and running. But not until v1.4 gets approved.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U