EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-27-2009, 11:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Increasing the UI windows and font size

I use a 46" wide screen monitor and sit 5 feet away from the screen. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I would prefer not to decrease it in order to make things look larger. I have no problems increasing the chat window font size to the point that I can read it without straining my eyes. I know how to increase the hotbar size, etc. I would like to know if I can increase the size and fonts for all other windows, specifically the quest log and characters windows. This is a game breaker for me. I've not had this issue with other MMOs and would like to continue playing EQ2 but I can't without being able to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default UI scale

Anyone know how to increase the UI scale for specific parts of the UI like the quest and character window?
Unread 06-28-2009, 01:25 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

(merged threads and: ) Not possible.

Edit: clarification in view of post below: that was supposed to mean: not possible from in game, but of course you can mod the UI to your liking.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-28-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 06-28-2009, 01:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default of course you can

you simply have to resize fonts, windows and hotbars to your liking.
Unread 07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

How do you do it? I am having the same problem!
Unread 08-01-2009, 06:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Seriously, I'd like to know this too. I don't understand why it's so hard to ask for separate resolutions for video and interface, especially for games that you'd appreciate on a big screen since you end up playing them so much AND have to read a lot.

Honestly, I thought I had got it. I'm using ProfitUI and tried editing _ProfitUI_FontTahoma13.xml and changed "pointsize" to a bigger number but that wasn't enough. I certainly don't mind using a smaller screen resolution for the sake of being able to read but for some reason EQ2 not only changes screen resolution, but if you don't use the resolution that is native to your monitor, it ZOOMS in as well, cutting off the edges. (And no, I don't mean the camera zooms in, by zooming in it's like taking your remote for your TV or DVD player and literally pushing ZOOM.)

Last edited by xanirus : 08-01-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:04 PM
A Brown Bear

I see the mod is up at http://www.eq2interface.com/download...933-1080p.html

If anyone has questions or problems feel free to post here or email me. I see some things I may be fixing in the future. If there is a window that is giving anyone grief, let me know and I will try and get it fixed.

Also what am I doing to the default mod isn't hard for me to update if they come out with any new changes so i will be trying to keep it up to date.

I am really enjoying playing sitting in my recliner and the picture quality is much better at 1080p then it was at 1360x768 the only other resolution I was able to work with.

I am not sure if I should be posting this here or if I need to have a portal setup on this site. If the later, I am not sure how to go about doing that.

[email protected]
Unread 08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Smile

I have uploaded version 2. I found a way to use far less files to do the job. It should correct allot of the windows that weren't properly being updated. Note you will need to remove all my previous files to make the new one work.

The new version will also be much more compatable with most of the other interfaces avaialbale here now.