Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Starting to get these Loading UI resources .. black screen and nothing happens .. my char is in game ... I'm glad I have the mod that allows me to talk when loading ... but its happened when I zoned into RV then again back into EL
I've rebooted my machine to get out first time .. didn't realize I could camp out .. I can talk in group, all my windows seems to work but jsut a black screen with that bar that isn't progressing ...

not sure what could be causing it.

Its your UI.. minus a couple hot fixes .. seems your target bars are missing the graphics and all I get are black boxes .. (so using original target) (using hotfixed implied)

Using the chat while zoning mod and the autolog in mod (only 2 extra in the UI) I've had np with this till I went into RV then back again into EL ...

Anyone noticing this?
THis is happening to every one I know or 85% of the people in my guild, they get hung at loading resources. Give SOE time and they may or may not fix it.
Unread 09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmseeker
Sorry originally posted this in wrong place, not sure why lol, anyway arena windows aren't working for me, when in the arena or entering the arena the window where you can select team and champion is blank except for 3 buttons at the bottom, please see attatched screeny. Thanks!
Now that I can test these screens, I'll go take a look. The one time I did the chapion arena seem to work, but I realy didn't know what I was doing lol.
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Every target says level 100 shadowknight.
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
A Grizzled Badger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfan328
Yeah, this is a known issue because SOE only supports 1 con syle now, just target something and click the con button until the correct info shows. You should only have to do it once.
Unread 09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Now that I can test these screens, I'll go take a look. The one time I did the chapion arena seem to work, but I realy didn't know what I was doing lol.
Cool, oh btw I looked at them in the UI Editor and they show same in there, the boxes can be hilighted but they are empty...not sure if this is a possiblt templating issue or something?
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfan328

You can get the hot fix that fixes this and other little issues.
Unread 09-21-2005, 03:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thanks

I've used your ui since u came out with it.....the auto installer is awesome......keep up the great work and thanks for the dedication I don't have to even atempt something like this. Once again thanks a ton

Alanna
Level 50 Warlock of the anti-social extremists
Unread 09-21-2005, 01:11 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Starting to get these Loading UI resources .. black screen and nothing happens .. my char is in game ... I'm glad I have the mod that allows me to talk when loading ... but its happened when I zoned into RV then again back into EL
I've rebooted my machine to get out first time .. didn't realize I could camp out .. I can talk in group, all my windows seems to work but jsut a black screen with that bar that isn't progressing ...

not sure what could be causing it.

Here ya go, SOE fixed it today this is from the patch notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE Patch Notes
- An issue that was causing some users to lock up while "Loading UI Resources" has been fixed.
Unread 09-21-2005, 03:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation Tabs scrolling

Possible bug -
On the 1280x1024 resolution (possibly others but haven't tested), the buttons that allow scrolling to see tabs off-screen don't work completely correctly. In particular, it seems that the right one does, but the left button stays greyed out until you move to the rightmost tab, then it is active for one click, moving your view over to the left one. Basically, if you switch tabs over to the far right, the tabs on the far left are inaccessible until you log out and back in.

I hope this makes sense; if not, I will try to elaborate more.

Great ui skin overall, I really like it.

One more thing, it looks like the arena window is missing information. I think there is supposed to be more info shown, like the names of the competitors, scores, and a means of changing your champion. Thanks

Last edited by madry : 09-21-2005 at 06:37 PM.
Unread 09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

You don't need to log off, just resize the chat window and the button will be available again.
Btw., this bug has been postet before and seems to be a bug with the game itself, not just the UI.

greetz, RayTRoX

P.S. GREAT work, Landiin
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

great UI Landiin! Thanks for all the hard work on it.

p.s. cant wait for those backgrounds to start rollin in

"Why would i want the ability to heal myself so i can get my butt kicked even longer?" /Harmtouch
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Great UI

I have been using Extreme for a while and I love it. I do miss something thoughm, is that in version 1.x I had a 1900x1200 setup file that is not in the distribution file. Do you plan to release one ?
Thanks,
Lodih
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodih
I have been using Extreme for a while and I love it. I do miss something thoughm, is that in version 1.x I had a 1900x1200 setup file that is not in the distribution file. Do you plan to release one ?
Thanks,
Lodih
No I can't, My monitor will not go that high. Sorry. Some one sent that usetting file and with the new windows it no longer works.
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger
great UI Landiin! Thanks for all the hard work on it.

p.s. cant wait for those backgrounds to start rollin in

Sorry I haven’t got any out yet. I haven’t had a lot of time between lvling again and the kids after school functions. I'll get to them though.
Unread 09-23-2005, 04:56 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Thanks,
Lodih
My monitor does support that mode but the game doesnt list it, did you have to do something special to get into that mode?

Unread 09-23-2005, 08:45 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Having some problems only with sound bottom i press it for mute... and nothing happens...

Thz for the great job on installer and UI is very nice UI.
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default 1900x1200

Nothing special, just went into Option, performance and selected 1900X1200. I think the key is the graphic board. I have an ATI XT850 and it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeTala
My monitor does support that mode but the game doesnt list it, did you have to do something special to get into that mode?
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
The game only shows what your driver says it can support, so if you are using the standerd windows monitor driver you need to pick on the matches your monitor. I had this same issue with mine and I fixed it by picking one of the Sonys drivers on the list.
Unread 09-23-2005, 07:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Nothing special, just went into Option, performance and selected 1900X1200. I think the key is the graphic board. I have an ATI XT850 and it works great.
I have a NVidia 6200

Unread 09-23-2005, 07:43 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
The game only shows what your driver says it can support, so if you are using the standerd windows monitor driver you need to pick on the matches your monitor. I had this same issue with mine and I fixed it by picking one of the Sonys drivers on the list.
My video card drivers has an option to hide all modes not supported by the monitor and when I check it 1920x1200 is still on the list of modes I can goto, but the game wont go into it. I think it has soemthing to do with the Mhz cuz there are a ton of modes my driver supports thaqt the game wont let me go into for instance 1024x768@100Mhz I can go into but 1024x768@85Mhz I cant odd eh?

Unread 09-24-2005, 02:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
My video card drivers has an option to hide all modes not supported by the monitor and when I check it 1920x1200 is still on the list of modes I can goto, but the game wont go into it. I think it has soemthing to do with the Mhz cuz there are a ton of modes my driver supports thaqt the game wont let me go into for instance 1024x768@100Mhz I can go into but 1024x768@85Mhz I cant odd eh?

Trust me it gove off your monitor driver. I banged my head on the wall for 3 days trying to get mine to go higher then 1024x768 in beta. Then by chance I noticed that same option. and even though other res's where listed the game still wouldn't show it. Just for grins change your monitor driver to Sony CPD-520GS/520GST/12GS2. Then load up eq and see whats listed. Thats the one I finaly used to get it to show other options.
Unread 09-24-2005, 05:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm

hey.. i need help wif this ui.. whenever i start the game after installing it.. it'll crash.. can anyone help me wif it?
Unread 09-24-2005, 06:07 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite X
hey.. i need help wif this ui.. whenever i start the game after installing it.. it'll crash.. can anyone help me wif it?
After installing, make sure you downlaod the hot fix and extract that into the extreme folder. Also if there is a commonelements.xml file in the extreme folder delet it. It should of never made it in the install.

Does it crash at the patcher? crash when loading the char select or crash zoneing into the world?
Unread 09-24-2005, 06:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

it crashes after i load my character. i see my character standing in front of the banker.. and the banker said some words... after tat... BOOM!!.. heh heh...
Unread 09-24-2005, 06:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

oh yeah.. can i run it in 1084X768 resolution? and wut does it mean tat it'll be very cluddered?

Edit: i've finally managed to get the game running wif the extreme ui but... it seems all messed up.. its like.. windows are overlapping each other.. and i can't move it

Last edited by Kite X : 09-24-2005 at 06:50 AM.