EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-22-2005, 09:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Milquetowst Miscellany

This thread is for my miscellaneous mods that don't have threads of their own.

-- Darryl

Milquetowst Clock and Compass

Milquetowst Experience Bar

Milquetowst Horizontal Quest Journal

Milquetowst MiniStats

Milquetowst Tradeskill Window

Milquetowst Map Graphics for EQ2MAP

Milquetowst Alternate Coin-Weight Display (for Drumstix42's Coin + Weight Mod)

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 07-11-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Unread 06-22-2005, 05:28 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

change the tradeskill window to use Stop on the enter. I ask because i do a lot of workshop tasks and tradeskill writs. all of these need to stop at quality. move canel to escape. honestly we're so used to hitting escape to stop / hide UI windows anyway it wouldn't be a big diff to most people. best of 2 worlds. can the onevent handlers be tied to the show frame & titlebar? if so maybe make frame & title bar cancel and frame only stop? or something like that? no clue whats possible.

BTW i'm with you. i don't mind the window layout. i haven't seen a mod like this without "other" changes.
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:12 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
change the tradeskill window to use Stop on the enter....
I finally noticed, thanks to your comments, that my original posted description for the mod (which was up for a month) was incorrect.

I haven't tied the "Cancel" button to anything (though perhaps I should); it's the "Begin," "Repeat" and "STOP" buttons that are tied to the "Enter" key.

I do a lot of tradeskill writs myself, which is precisely why I wanted all three of those buttons tied to the same key.

-- Darryl
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Insta-drama mod

You state that you need the insta-drama mod to use this. I have searched the fourms by the name and author of the mod but no luck in finding it. Can you post a link to the mod.

Thanks
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:54 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

There's a link for it on the top of that file's download page.

"This file is a Patch for Insta - Drama by hirebrand. You must have that installed before this Patch will work."
Unread 06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default clock

anyway to have secodns added to the clocks, with the raid mob abilities and some of them being under a min timer would help allot calling for assists in and out of melee aoe range. thanks! great work
Unread 06-30-2005, 09:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqbunnie
anyway to have secodns added to the clocks....
There's no way that I'm aware off, though since I never really wondered about it before, I haven't really looked....

-- Darryl
Unread 07-06-2005, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I really like your chat window mod, but is there any way you could release a version with a scrollbar, perhaps one that hides and appears on mouse over?
I understand you can use the mouse wheel to scroll chat, but that's really most effective if you're scrolling no farther than 10 lines of chat. Beyond that it can get carpal tunnel trying to scroll farther up or down to catched missed tells or review chat . Make it very simple and fadable....plz
Unread 07-10-2005, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia
Default Tradeskill window is very COOL!!

Any chance of adding all the other TSkill recipes?
You could have buttons based on each TS Class.
Maybe it is poss (prolly not) for the window to "know" which TS Station you have targeted and only light up the appropiate CookBook button for that station. Then we could click that lit button for the wonderful recipes.

I really think this is the best TS mod so far, KUDOS!!!!
Unread 07-10-2005, 11:44 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I really like your chat window mod, but is there any way you could release a version with a scrollbar....?
Sorry I made you wait a few extra days, having told you three days ago I'd release it "tomorrow," but I will be releasing updates to just about everything, including the chat window, later today.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-10-2005, 11:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
Any chance of adding all the other TSkill recipes?
As my main tradeskiller (Rainbeau) is a provisioner who does lots of tradeskill writs, I had a vested interest in compiling information on provisioner recipes. Unfortunately, I don't have a similar drive to compile information about other TS class recipes.

That having been said, if someone else can provide the info, I could certainly put together similar "Cookbooks" for other TS classes.

Quote:
I really think this is the best TS mod so far, KUDOS!!!!
Thanks! It's always nice to know my work is actually appreciated.

(By the way, can I borrow that banana? I'd like to see what Rainbeau could make with it....)

-- Darryl
Unread 07-10-2005, 01:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Thanks for the update on the update Darryl, I was wondering

Will keep watching this thread and the DL section today for real updates.

Thanks
Unread 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Persona Window

I like your persona mod...but after I installed it..I am getting the color "yellow" with-in the area that should show your progress...This is in all 3 areas of progress bars.......everything else works fine.....is there a fix for this solid yellow in progress bar...or....what did I do wrong....

Thankz
Unread 07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabih
I am getting the color "yellow" with-in the area that should show your progress.... This is in all 3 areas of progress bars....
Urgh. I forgot to include the milquetowst_graphics.dds file, which includes the custom gauge for the experience bars, in the zip file I uploaded last week.

I've updated the download. Sorry 'bout the oversight.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Alright I figured out how to get the cookbook, but when I open up the window in game I have all the graphics for the window, but no text in the tabs. It's all just empty.
Unread 07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsheet
Alright I figured out how to get the cookbook, but when I open up the window in game I have all the graphics for the window, but no text in the tabs. It's all just empty.
Presumably, then, your data text files are either missing or misplaced.

You need to have the "milquetowst_info" folder in the same folder as your modded UI files (including, of course, the cookbook XML file); inside of *that* folder should be "recipe" and "harvest" folders, containing the data files.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-24-2005, 12:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok Cookbook.XML is inside the fetish folder. Milquetwost.info is inside the UI folder. When milquetwost.info was in the fetish folder I got a blank box with no graphics or tabs. I moved milquetwost out to UI and I get the tabs now. The harvest and recipe folders are inside Milquetwost.
Unread 07-25-2005, 07:49 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

I realize I may be alone on this, but on the tradeskill mod... Would it be possible to tie the STOP button to escape or something... it's so annoying (and a little bit expensive in the long run) to press the enter key one time too much... Like, when you're half asleep after a long boring tradeskill run, and press enter to repeat, enter to start, and then ''accidentically'' hit enter again and STOP, and use up your fuel ... Or when I out of (bad) habit press enter to talk or write a command while already in tradeskill process and stop making my item at crude or any non-pristine...

Or able to tell a complete newbie to this mod-thingy on how I can change it myself...

Oh, I do like the other features about it though
Unread 07-25-2005, 11:58 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenefir
I realize I may be alone on this, but on the tradeskill mod.... Would it be possible to tie the STOP button to escape or something....
On this point, I'm afraid the answer is "no." This is one of the specific things about the window which is set up *exactly* the way I want it. When I do bulk tradeskilling, I have my left hand positioned to hit the hotkeys for the reactive arts I use on each tick, and my right hand on the "enter" key to stop/start the combines. And I don't want to have to move my hands from those positions at all until carpel tunnel starts to set in. :P

If you don't want the "enter" key to activate the "stop" button, though, it's actually pretty simple to adjust for yourself. Load the tradeskill window XML file into your favorite text editor, and search for ">stop<" to find the line that defines the "stop" button. In that line, just remove the attribute that says:

IsDefaultButton="true"

And then the "enter" key will no longer stop your combines.

-- Darryl
Unread 08-01-2005, 06:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Inventory Window Request

hi Darryl, i like your inventory window best. but i'm really hoping that you would come up with a 3/4 version of it.... please!
Unread 08-09-2005, 01:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default a couple things in the Provisioner's Cookbook

I really like the tradeskills mod and the cookbook. There are a couple things in the cookbook that could be fixed.

The information for Mooshga Mush doesn't look right to me. The Mush that you can make isn't at all like the Mush you can choose for the quest reward. I think the Mush that a provisioner makes is High satiation, lasts 2h22m at delectable, is 2 combines (the thyme has to be refined), and gives a bonus to STR, which is unusual for a food made from fish.

Under Harvested Items - Tier 3 you should include blue succulant with the shrubs.

Some of the information in your Notes - General Notes page is a little misleading regarding the appropriate tier food and drink to use. The benefit of food/drink is capped by the level of the food/drink or the player's adventure level, which ever is greater. That way, the benefit of level 20 food scales up as you level from 11 to 20 and if you are level 12, for example, level 10 food is usually ok. There's a good thread on the eq2players forum that goes into this.

One other thing that would be nice to see is a column for minutes per raw. I like to maximize my drink time for each raw-- there is a drink chart that has this information at this site. The measure of minutes per combine can be misleading since combines require different amounts of progress and some combines don't need to be pristine etc. For provisioners that really want to go crazy there is a spreadsheet available that allows you to maximize time per combine, time per raw or profits or a bunch of other things at the eq2players site.

Thanks again for this great mod!

-----------
Oh, I just tried making a slew of new tier 3 recipes. Dark Ale currently does not work as a home brewed beer.... at least not for beer braised pork. I just ran out to harvest in a tier 1 area and made some ogre swill instead.

Last edited by Othesus : 08-11-2005 at 12:53 AM.
Unread 08-11-2005, 09:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default chat mod

hi Darryl,

i got used to pressing the "enter" key to start a chat. i can't seem to do this with yer mod. was it designed that way? do i have to click at the text input line everytime? or is it jes that some of my settings might have been changed... did a complete EQ2 re-install recently. hope ye can advise.

thanks.
Unread 08-12-2005, 05:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

The tradeskills mod is designed to make crafting easier by mapping the enter key to begin, cancel, and repeat, which ever is the likely button you'd be clicking while you're crafting. Once you're used to this, it's much easier than moving back and forth to the mouse. If you're familiar with the UI Builder it's easy to remove this feature if you have to.

If you can, it's pretty simple to get used to pressing / to enter a command, or ' for say, r to reply to a tell, /gu to talk to the guild, /8 or what ever to speak in the crafting channel etc.

----------
Hm, I just looked at your post again and I didn't see before that your subject says chat mod. I'm not using the chat mod-- what I'm talking about is using the crafting/recipe book mod, so maybe there's another solution to your problem.

Last edited by Othesus : 08-17-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus
If you can, it's pretty simple to get used to pressing / to enter a command, or ' for say, r to reply to a tell, /gu to talk to the guild, /8 or what ever to speak in the crafting channel etc.
thanks for the advise. i'll do that. i think it'll be just be a matter of getting used to... in fact, it might even help me disown my current guild title of MT (mis-tell) King
Unread 08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question your alt coin wtg post

i have installed it in my skin but i dont see it or know how to bring it up ,does it replace my inv window or what

i need help pm me