EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Updater exceptions... won't run.

I had some trouble getting the ProfitUI updater installed a few months ago, and after running a couple times, it started throwing exceptions upon running.

I've tried uninstalling it and Java from "Programs & Features" in the Control Panel, and reinstalling (for Java first 32-bit then 64-bit - most recently today with Java 7u3).

No dice, I still get exceptions for creating sockets (to the server I'm guessing) and for "out of memory". It throws 3 exceptions before I get to the updater window, and then if I try to search for the EQ2 directory, I can select it but it still stays blank in the main window.

I am at a loss what to try next.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I've got the static EQ2 install. Can anyone suggest anything? I could post the exception text if desired, but each of the 3 is pretty long total.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Small Update.

I'm installing DrumsUI, and that updater appears to be the same one, and it's running without exceptions. For however that may help.
Unread 04-08-2012, 08:17 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Settings > Updater > Reset all settings
usually does the trick.
Unread 04-08-2012, 09:35 AM
A Griffon

I'll agree with Kaldran. Weird issues with no obvious cause usually go away when you reset the settings.

FWIW, I checked my own setup in response to recent Java issues and noticed that my 64-bit Win7 system has only the 32-bit Java RE installed. Never noticed that, but it does make a point of difference to check for folks with the 64-bit flavor.
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
FWIW, I checked my own setup in response to recent Java issues and noticed that my 64-bit Win7 system has only the 32-bit Java RE installed. Never noticed that, but it does make a point of difference to check for folks with the 64-bit flavor.
I've been noticing this too: if you've got both 32- and 64-bit flavors installed (recommended setup for 64-bit Win7), the automatic updates only update the 32-bit JRE. I've taken to disabling the automatic updating and doing it manually, 32-bit first and then 64-bit.