EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 01-19-2007, 02:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Everquest 2 is trashing my UI Settings

I have been using the latest versions of Nightfall and Command center for a week with no problems.

Yesterday I went and setup my two main character's UI's. I basically setup 1 and then imported that to the other. I left myself logged in and passed out. I woke up this morning and found myself at the character select screen. This was at about 0930. So I rebooted and 20 minutes later logged in. When I select my character to login with at the Launchpad and login, it takes me to character select. This has been happening for a couple days now. The difference is that when I get into the game after choosing a character my UI is still Nightfall but I have one hotbar open and it looks like it has been reset.

So I left the game. Deleted that characters UI files. It asked me which ones I wanted to import when I went back in, so I imported the other character's UI (which is Identical) and it loaded fine. As a precautionary measure I baaced up the UI settings files for the characters just in case. and when I logged out of the game, EQ2 crashed and when I went back in an hour later my UI was reset again (Fetish loaded) and this time even the files I backed up aren't loading the UI I setup last night.

Basically, my UI will not save. I cannot login with a character straight from Launchpad cause it kicks me into character select when I try. I tried removing the Max view distance and movie command lines from the eq2.ini file but it didn't help. Now importing my backed up UI files won't work.

One thing that I find odd is that when it is kicking me into character select it doesn't show the FetishNightfall background and decreased loading screen. It shows the EQ2 loading image stretched accross the screen like there is no UI. But after picking character it seems to load Fetish. Just not into character select.

if you need any files from me or screenshots let me know. this is pissing me off. I just started getting used to the UI.

RAWR. lol K gonna try seeing if the settings change now.

I re-downloaded all the files in my Everquest 2 directory after deleting them. I went into my character with fresh brand new UI files and Fetish Nightfall loaded. Moved windows and changed stuff. exited by camping to desktop. Went back into game Via EQ2 map and selected character at launchpad to login with. Launchpad took me to character select via Giant Load Screen w/no fetish interface. I selected my character and fetish loaded the UI with changed settings. Not sure how long it is going to last.

Last edited by Pharik : 01-19-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:11 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

I was having similar issues when attempting to use /load_uisettings from a specific toon. Although there was no prob with the toon I was coping from, after using the slash command I would crash when logging into the toon the settings were copied to.

Copying from another toon fixed the problem, so it would seam there was something in the settings of that one toon that was getting corupted during the copy process.
Unread 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

There seems to be a common issue going around with using the load uisettings command. For the time being I would highly recommend manually making copies of the ini files if needed.
Unread 01-21-2007, 09:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Guild member pointed out to us last night that his default EQ2 UI (out of the box from SOE) is trying to log him in as character: Antonia Bayle. That is the server name. He has no custom anything and his game is trying to log him using his server name instead of character name from LaunchPad.

I noticed that my game is doing the same. I am pretty sure that Fetish mod is not the issue here now.
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Nearly all my guild having same problems some use custom windows and some dont its defo a SoE problem by the looks.
Unread 01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My UI settings are returning to default locations after any crash, usually the zoning bug. I'm not in the process of copying from one toon to another and re-set the UI from scratch after each crash. It's very frustrating.

SOE has confirmed the autolaunch-to-character is busted should be hotfixed next week.
Unread 01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I had a similar problem, that was temporarily fixed when the Launchpad reloaded itself. This at least would allow me to log into my toons instead of continually going to Character select screen. I am using Thor UI with auto updated. I would highly advise backing up UI files!!!
Unread 01-30-2007, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

The problem with not saving char UI file was that the file was not written properly. the file size was 0 bytes everytime the game tryed to write it. Copy settings from another toon is just temporary solution becouse as it seems SOE changed something with writing ini files since the new file size is nearly half the size than it was before. ex: old ini filesize=16kb, new filesize=9kb. the onyl solution is to delete the file and recreate the complete UI ingame to desired positions, colours, ...
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Or manually copy the settings file from another toon in Windows explorer, then rename the file to include your other toon's name.