EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-12-2013, 11:46 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Is there an unofficial list of must have addons?

I'm just returning to the game after a long layoff, and I'm hoping some of you EQ II vets could give me an idea of what addons I should use, the ones you might consider indispensable.
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Well, everyone is going to have their own opinion of what they prefer but I use the DrumsUI interface in conjunction with EQ2MAPS. Now, there are some default UI elements, like the Tradeskill/Recipe window, that I prefer over the DrumsUI version so I have those on the ignore list of his Updater.

For me, the can't live without part is EQ2MAPS which can be used with pretty much all the full UI suites here.

There's really no right or wrong answer... just whatever works for you.
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

The raid window, especially if you are a healer for the click to heal. Click to cure has been added to the default UI, but not click to heal.
Unread 12-20-2013, 06:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

EQ2map might save you the hassle of getting lost in instances where maps have not been created. A few useful Points of Interests are there, too.

Defiler Monitor, if your class has certain procs. For Assassin and Ranger it is almost a must if you use Exploit Weakness. I also use it for my Dirge's encounter debuffs (which also works as group buffs).

I play healer, too, and I do not use group or raid window with buttons. I keep single target cure on 'Q', group cures on 'Z', 'X', 'C', single target heals on 'E', 'R', 'T', and group heals on 'F', 'G', 'H'. Clicking names is much simpler than accidentally clicking on the wrong button, in my opinion.

Darq has added a range monitor to DarqUI that has made it much easier for Rangers to notify of their range. I always want to get at least my melee bleed in if I can when I play Ranger (I do more melee attacks, but the bleed is the most important to me). Sometimes the raid boss hitbox is humongous so it can be a bit buggy but if you stand in just the right spot you don't have to run in and out to switch between melee and range attacks, you can spam it all in one location.

These are the only ones I can think of.