EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-10-2004, 10:12 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I love that hot bar, how about taking the numbers off of the side so that when they are stretched from top to bottom they can line up real close to each other and take up less space on the screen?

Also, I know this has been said before but I might have missed it if you replied.

You know when you target yourself, or a group members, or a mob, and it gives all that extra information? How about just putting it all in the box without having to hover over it? And then remove the hover! Of course don't add aaaall the information because that's a little insane. You can leave out the stuff that any hardcore EQ'er should know by now, like the conning messages.

Also, How about adding in a location number underneath the compass so you don't have to hover over that either? =D

Shrink the group window... it takes up way too much screen space... shrinking your player window would be good too.

Move that letterbox to the top of the screen and arrange things in a size that can all fit happily in the bottom 1/3rd portion of the screen.

Youre doing an awesome job, man.

Last edited by heXum : 11-10-2004 at 10:35 AM.
Unread 11-10-2004, 10:13 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Javelinfr - check your options man. It's called letterbox mode and there's a way to go fullscreen. ;p
Unread 11-10-2004, 10:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by heXum
Javelinfr - check your options man. It's called letterbox mode and there's a way to go fullscreen. ;p
many thanks

as i was trying the french version (it's horrible half translate, bad spelling)
it was very difficul to understand the options
i have launch it in english (yeah ! double the size of the directory...) and i think it will be better
Unread 11-10-2004, 11:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up caffeine. I posted in the wrong place 3 times now

I'd like a mod that will make my hotbar icons just slightly smaller, maybe 25%. I saw insomniacs 3/4ths mod but that's too much.

Also, is there a mod to remove the scroll bars from chat and hotbars?

Thanks so much!

p.s. for insomniac, can you alter you pic of the 3/4ths bar? All I see is a hotbar but with no frame of reference, it's hard to see that it is smaller. Can you attatch a full, un cropped screen shot?
Unread 11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
I love that hot bar, how about taking the numbers off of the side so that when they are stretched from top to bottom they can line up real close to each other and take up less space on the screen?
good idea
Quote:
You know when you target yourself, or a group members, or a mob, and it gives all that extra information? How about just putting it all in the box without having to hover over it? And then remove the hover! Of course don't add aaaall the information because that's a little insane. You can leave out the stuff that any hardcore EQ'er should know by now, like the conning messages.

Also, How about adding in a location number underneath the compass so you don't have to hover over that either? =D
I want to, but there's no way to code it. all that stuff is done by the game somewhere, and not the xml. Generally anything in a tooltip stays in a tooltip.
Quote:
Shrink the group window... it takes up way too much screen space... shrinking your player window would be good too.

Move that letterbox to the top of the screen and arrange things in a size that can all fit happily in the bottom 1/3rd portion of the screen.
I can't really work on the group window unless i get a group to sit there while i move stuff around :P i gotta figure out a way to make the bars and stuff show with no people having to stand by.
the letter box acts weird, but i'm working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazarak
Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up caffeine. I posted in the wrong place 3 times now [img]../images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
np, deleted them

Quote:
Also, is there a mod to remove the scroll bars from chat and hotbars?
If i did that, it would happen to all the chatboxes, then i dont think you could type anything. it would be nice for sony to make this an option.
Quote:
p.s. for insomniac, can you alter you pic of the 3/4ths bar? All I see is a hotbar but with no frame of reference, it's hard to see that it is smaller. Can you attatch a full, un cropped screen shot?
ok, (this pic is my current ui btw.. well not anymore, i'm adding the new 3/4s with no bank selector )

keep those idea's coming - Edit: just not in this thread! post a new topic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000003.gif
Views:	773
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	119  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3 4ths no bank selector.zip (1.5 KB, 654 views)