EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost
Default Missing Components

Great job on the UI update, lordebon! It looks amazing, and everything functions perfectly!

I had a bit of trouble with my game recently, resulting in a full PC and (obviously) EQ2 reformatting and re-install. I don't know if it matters, but I am running the game on a W7 Ultimate 64bit PC. I play the game in windowed mode.

Everything installed easily, no issues there. After the installation, however, I noticed a very odd issue. Basically, no matter which toon I logged into (this is with the fresh reformatting and all) each toon had SOMETHING missing on her screen. For example: one toon has all windows except clock and compass, another has all except for FPS graph, another has everything but persistent "self" HP/MP window, and still another had everything except for the EQ2 start button menu.

I tried reinstalling Fetish fresh several times with the same result each time. Even after that, I still ran into the same issue. It should be noted that even after manually going into the menu and unhiding all windows, resetting default locations, doing the old F10 "window finding" exercise, and of course using the manual ALT+ and CTRL+ commands.

I am at a loss at this point for any other ways to try to remedy this situation. I'm sure it's an error on my end, but I am just out of ideas. I had one other question while I've got you captive: for some reason, whenever I click the EQ2 start menu button, no matter where I place the button on my screen, everything below "options" is completely obscured beneath the game screen area. I've tried different resolutions, but no luck. Is this something I could perhaps edit to make the menu a little smaller and have it all fit?

I apologize again for my novice abilities, and I really appreciate you taking the time to get such a great UI up and running and to read my spectacularly n00btastic failings. Any assistance would be IMMENSELY appreciated!

Last edited by Sp00ky_Kat : 08-11-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Nevermind...lol.
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Sounds like there are some problems with your UIsettings file. I'd suggest you find the character with the least amount of problems, and open that settings file. Do a search for the problem window (alt + F). Pick another window that shows up without any problems, and copy it's location then change the location of the problem window to that of the properly working window. cloase and save. You can then do a /load_uisettings in game and load that file for all your characters.

As for your start menu. When SOE launched their new startbutton/xp bar thing, they messed up the start menu. The menu is now attached to the XP bar, so moving your start button will have zero effect on the menu. Try moving your xp bar around to a different location.
Unread 08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost

Thanks so much, Savie! That worked like a charm. Much appreciated!