Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Qeynos game update

http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500046404

The Qeynos revamp (GU64) looks to be scheduled for 7/24. So far the only UI changes I've seen on test that affect Profit are some new fields in the persona window. I'll be messing with the XML this week, should have at least the default variant before the weekend and the rest over the weekend. Then we'll see if those changes go live or not.
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

Question: there's a lot of finicky changes to the persona window on Test, and I'm not entirely sure how many of them are actually going to go live tomorrow. And looking at it, I don't see all that many actual differences in appearance and functionality between the ProfitUI persona window and the default. Is it actually worth the effort to maintain the ProfitUI persona window, or would it be no big loss to let it revert to the default window?
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

There are 3 persona windows for profit. The Large version is virtually identical to the default ui. The normal (default) has the class backgrounds and is smaller than the default ui persona window. The small variant of the persona window is way smaller and has both a bags and a equipment only toggle for leaving open all the time. There is a picture around here somewhere with a size comparison of the various persona windows.

Silat

Here it is:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...6&d=1283386123

Last edited by TalTal : 07-24-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add url
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
There are 3 persona windows for profit.
Those images are a bit out-of-date. The current variants have tabs down the side, and other than physical size the large and default variants don't seem to differ much from the default UI window. I'm up to my eyebrows in production issues at work, so personally if any of the new stuff goes live tomorrow I'm planning on just dropping back to the unmodified persona window until I've enough time to get the positioning and alignment of all the new items right. Or I may see just how badly the UI Builder tool messes up the XML if I try using it to do the arithmetic for me.
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:49 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
.... I don't see all that many actual differences in appearance and functionality between the ProfitUI persona window and the default. Is it actually worth the effort to maintain the ProfitUI persona window, or would it be no big loss to let it revert to the default window?
I personally use the default persona window (the medium-sized one) and would be *really* unhappy if I were forced to go back to the large version.

I understand that tweaking the variants is a pain, especially when SOE decides to make lots of fiddly changes. But the "three bears" approach of letting the user decide for themselves which option is too big, too small, or just right is a key feature in Profit.

That said, I don't mind if stylistic tweaks get done when there's time to do them, as long as functional changes happen in time to keep the UI working.
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
That said, I don't mind if stylistic tweaks get done when there's time to do them, as long as functional changes happen in time to keep the UI working.
I don't think any of the changes break the UI if they're not made in the Profit window. I won't be able to tell until tonight when I get on for raid. The most major looks to be the lack of the Passive Effects pane, I'm not sure what's supposed to be on it. The rest seems to be mostly PvP-related stats, looking at the diff it seems like a lot are being removed (probably they're being consolidated with their non-PvP equivalents, with the calculation changing as opposed to selecting which stat to use). The only new stat is Lethality.

It's mostly bad timing. Worst case I think is "live with the default UI's window until the weekend".
Unread 07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

I've played a lot since the update and nothing has broken so far, at least for things that I have done.

The patch notes for the update are enormous. I think it ran to five or six messages in the forum. Most of it seemed to be a huge rework of Battlegrounds and PvP. although there's a lot of traffic from changing focus effects from being an item attribute to being a player attribute.

I don't raid and I don't do PvP, so anything there would go right by me.

One note: The zone name text no longer fits the button in the house exit window. I noticed this leaving Therendil's house in what is now 'Qeynos Capitol District.'