EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Premium Member

Default Is Fetish on its way out?

The lack of updates from those maintaining this UI has me concerned. There were only a few twiddly changes with GU63, but some utterly broke some features (Dungeon Maker, for example, no "Play as Avatar" button in Fetish). But there was no patch, nor word of one coming. Kadesarevok was good enough to post the Wikia browser changes needed, and I can post fixes to the login screen (the messed up "Skyshrine" logo annoys the heck out of me) and Dungeon Maker window, as soon as I've made sure they don't have issues. But the Marketplace window still needs some help too (and my efforts so far have not borne fruit ... I'm just not familiar enough with the tools and the UI code yet).

Bottom line: is anyone picking up the ball, or is it time to move to another UI?

I've been using Fetish for so long, I don't even remember what the default UI looks like. I'd hate to change now. But neither do I have the time or inclination to get up to speed on the changes as they come so I can fix them, even just for myself ... let alone for everyone else, and all the nightmares that come from that kind of support. But I'd like to know, one way or another, whether there will be any more updates.
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

one of the problems I have found with fetish and a few other UIs is they still use eq2ui.xml and eq2mainhud.xml files. (might be spelled wrong) along with commonelements.xml etc these files were no longer needed when the custom file came along so that if soe added a new window it would still load from the default. Since Fetish even in its updated form still uses those files its never going to be truely (imo) updated for the current gu's
Unread 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

What issues are there still in the most updated version from Savie?

I update my own copy of Fetish as needed and I haven't noticed any serious issues. But if there are some, list them and I can try to get them fixed and push out a new all-in-one download for Fetish.

The skyshrine logo was already fixed by Savie I believe (it works fine in my local version), so I believe part of the issue may be folks still using old files since there hasn't been an "all in one" patch for a while.
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
What issues are there still in the most updated version from Savie?

I update my own copy of Fetish as needed and I haven't noticed any serious issues. But if there are some, list them and I can try to get them fixed and push out a new all-in-one download for Fetish.

The skyshrine logo was already fixed by Savie I believe (it works fine in my local version), so I believe part of the issue may be folks still using old files since there hasn't been an "all in one" patch for a while.
I just re-installed, and the Skyshrine logo was not fixed. That was with a full install of 11.9, then the two patches for GU62 (3.5 and 3.7, I think they were versioned). The other outstanding issues are the Dungeon Maker "Play as Avatar" button, and the inability to see dungeon mark currency in the Marketplace. I have a fix for the first two myself ... but I'm also going to be trying some other UIs out.
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Fair enough, those should be easy to fix.

As with any UI that is now in the "community maintained" status instead of the original author it's going to have slow updates and things will get missed. Even when they are maintained things can get missed, hehe.
Unread 05-10-2012, 05:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have been using the Fetish UI for as long as I have been playing EQ2 and I for one do not believe that this UI is finished. I appreciate all the work that the original author Zonx did in creating this UI and all credit goes out to the different UI creators and the community for keeping it going and also for the ideas that many of them have.

I have no problem with helping to keep it maintained, but like Lordebon said, things will get missed and be slow forthcoming.

My knowledge with the UI is ok and I am still learning a lot about the coding but I am not on a par with all the super EQ2 interface authors that offer their advice on this site.

I will promise to help as much as I can tho

Btw I will be posting a fix for the stationcash marketplace to show Dungeon Marks etc but I have not fully tested it. Your feedback will be appreciated.

I am also working on the You Tube uploader which I didn't know existed until one of the interface authors mentioned it so credit to them. I will post that as soon as I can.

Tyvm for your time.
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
... issue may be folks still using old files since there hasn't been an "all in one" patch for a while.
Yep, it occurred to me the other day that the last few updates, required needing to install multiple patches. From this point forward, I plan to just add onto patches, so everything is cumulative and there will not be a need to download more than one patch to get the UI fully up to date.

As for the latest update, it fell at a bad time for me, I had finals and RL stuff going on at the time. I'm going to try and get a patch up within the next few days to address everything. Sorry yall.
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:26 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Hi Savie, just glad to see your ok and welcome back.

Keep up the good work
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

It's ok Savie.. RL always gets us.
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I've gone through my personal install of Fetish and cleaned up the few windows that were still glitchy and then did a bit of futureproofing with windows that Fetish doesn't really modify but had files for anyway (things like many of the housing / dungeon maker windows).

I've uploaded an "Alpha" grade patch for GU63 that is available at this page here on EQ2interface.. All major windows passed the smoke-test and seemed to be working fine, and the only known issue is the wikia links weren't updated (I forgot to incorporate the update).

Feel free to download the patch, but please note that it should be used as a "fresh install" in your UI folder so that you do not carry over old files: many files that were simply not necessary and in many cases caused needless problems were removed. The inclusion of all windows and files regardless of if they were needed or not was one of the major things that made upkeep of the UI more difficult, so I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction in making it easier for folks to update.

Feel free to report any bugs in my patch in this thread.
Unread 05-20-2012, 06:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks for all the work you have done on this Lordebon and thanks for streamlining FetishUI.

I have tested all the aspects of the fresh install you posted and they all seem to be working great except for one very minor glitch in the guild recruiting screen. I have posted a screenshot of it to help, it seems that when I go to select details on the guild screen I have to position my cursor to the very edge of the box to get a response. It looks as if the scroll extent for the recruit toggle box is extended too far over.

Other than this, no other problems found.

I haven't tested the character creation window with a non-gold subscription, just my own gold account and for that I didn't find any problems.

Again thanks for all the hard work, I for one appreciate it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guild Recruit Screen.png
Views:	413
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	7895  
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah, sounds like there's another element overtop of most of the button. I'll take a look at it tonight and get that fixed.
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:29 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

do we now have 2 versions of fetish nightfall - savie's and lordebon's?
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk48188 View Post
do we now have 2 versions of fetish nightfall - savie's and lordebon's?
It would appaer so. Savie uploaded a GU63 patch as well that's a bit different from mine (it reskins some windows that I chose not to include since they're frequently updated and already color to match Fetish).

Either version should work for folks. There's no benefit to me from folks using mine, I just uploaded it since I keep my personal copy pretty much up to date as I go and there hadn't been a complete install in several GUs.