Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-20-2013, 07:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default click-to-cure channeler german

Hi,

first let me thank you for all your work keeping my favorite UI alive

I'm playing a channeler in german version of the game and can't get the click-to-cure working. Game always say:
'Dieser Zauber oder diese Fähigkeit ist nicht mehr verfügbar' (no longer available)

Manual '/cureplayer name|gnr effect' will work fine.
So, in todays update notes you wrote that there is a new variant using cureplayer. Please - how can I activate it?

Greetings

Luchsia
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsia View Post
I'm playing a channeler in german version of the game and can't get the click-to-cure working. Game always say:
'Dieser Zauber oder diese Fähigkeit ist nicht mehr verfügbar' (no longer available)
I'll take a look. That's probably related to the spell ID for the channeler's cure not being correct in the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file. I've checked and the IDs match what's in SOE's data feed for Cure and channelers use it like all other healers. One test: try one of these commands manually:

/useabilityonplayer yourname 2945678992

/useability 2945678992

The first is the command Profit uses underneath for click-to-cure, if it works then Profit's windows should work. The second is a version that uses Cure on your current target, if German characters mess up the character name parsing. Also check that you don't have _ProfitUI_Cures.txt on the ignore list and it got updated. Some people have it ignored because they've changed the CancelSpellCast setting in it and don't want that undone by the updater. Oh, and make sure you're at least level 6 otherwise you won't have Cure yet.

To select the variant, go into the updater and go to Settings, Variants. Pull down the selection box and scroll down to "Click-to-cure method" and select it. Then you can pick between /useabilityonplayer (the traditional method) and /cureplayer. The differences:

/useabilityonplayer: Will fire off the cure regardless of whether the detrimental icon you clicked was lit or not. Uses manual configuration of cure spell and potion IDs.

/cureplayer: Will only fire off if the detrimental icon you clicked was lit, does not fire if the player isn't affected by that type of detrimental. SOE controls which cure abilities and potions are used and when.
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Hi,

first let me thank you for all your work keeping my favorite UI alive

Manual '/cureplayer name|gnr effect' will work fine.
So, in todays update notes you wrote that there is a new variant using cureplayer. Please - how can I activate it?

Greetings

Luchsia
Hi there,

i play an Warden, the quickRaidCureButtons do not wor too. i thik the problem ist den translation from warden (german) to wärter (ÄÜÖ) i think the acii code ist alt+127?

THX for Profit UI.
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzethiasle View Post
Hi there,

i play an Warden, the quickRaidCureButtons do not wor too. i thik the problem ist den translation from warden (german) to wärter (ÄÜÖ) i think the acii code ist alt+127?

THX for Profit UI.
The file's got the correct UTF-8 strings in it, or so my software says when I display it (and I've tried several editors to make sure it's really right). One question: do your quick-raid buttons appear correctly? That is do buttons show up above the cures where classes have buttons configured and do empty spots show up where they don't have buttons configured? That's the simplest way I know of to check whether the subclass-detection code's working, because if it isn't then Profit won't find the correct block in _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt and won't show the correct buttons above the cures.

When I did ToV I didn't alter the existing classes in the subclass detector, I just added entries for Channeler with the strings I found. Warden should be unaffected even if I got the string for Channeler wrong. I may have to level up a character far enough on a German server to be able to diagnose this if it's not something simple.
Unread 11-21-2013, 03:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
The file's got the correct UTF-8 strings in it, or so my software says when I display it (and I've tried several editors to make sure it's really right). One question: do your quick-raid buttons appear correctly? That is do buttons show up above the cures where classes have buttons configured and do empty spots show up where they don't have buttons configured? That's the simplest way I know of to check whether the subclass-detection code's working, because if it isn't then Profit won't find the correct block in _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt and won't show the correct buttons above the cures.

When I did ToV I didn't alter the existing classes in the subclass detector, I just added entries for Channeler with the strings I found. Warden should be unaffected even if I got the string for Channeler wrong. I may have to level up a character far enough on a German server to be able to diagnose this if it's not something simple.

Hi,

it show me the cures text correct, the buttons show me "Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Custum.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.W(quadrangle)r ter

If i try to use one of them it show me ingame "dieser zauber ist nicht mehr verfügbar" (not longer avalable) .

Unread 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzethiasle View Post
Hi,

it show me the cures text correct, the buttons show me "Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Custum.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.W(quadrangle)r ter

If i try to use one of them it show me ingame "dieser zauber ist nicht mehr verfügbar" (not longer avalable) .

Same here, german classname is 'Bündler', Buttons show same as Matzes, with .B(quadrangle)ndler at the end.

Looks like the classname is the problem

Edit: it's a syntax problem - changing 'encoding = "utf-8"' to 'encoding = "UTF-8' in the last updated files makes everythink work fine.

Greetings

Luchsia

Last edited by Luchsia : 11-21-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Same here, german classname is 'Bündler', Buttons show same as Matzes, with .B(quadrangle)ndler at the end.

Looks like the classname is the problem

Edit: it's a syntax problem - changing 'encoding = "utf-8"' to 'encoding = "UTF-8' in the last updated files makes everythink work fine.

Greetings

Luchsia
Warden does not work.

Unread 11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Which files exactly? The last updated ones have always had the encoding as "utf-8" in lower case, and the changes shouldn't involve the internationalized classnames at all. The subclass detector file, _ProfitUI_SubclassDetector.xml, is where the internationalized names occur. I did find one error but it's in the Japanese class name for Channeler so it shouldn't affect German players.

And the internationalized name at the end of the object name suggests the subclass detector's failing to detect the class right. The quadrangle is the Windows "missing character" symbol, meaning the character isn't a valid one. I show it as "Bündler" in my file.

If you could post the files you changed to get it working, I can compare that to mine. I'm also going to roll up a character on the German server and see if I can replicate the problem.
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

The attached subclass detector will fix the problem I believe. It has to do with the weirdness of Windows character sets.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_SubclassDetector.xml (12.4 KB, 259 views)
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

I've edited the following files:

_ProfitUI_CuresCode.xml
_ProfitUI_SubclassDetector.xml
_ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt
_ProfitUI_Cures.txt

Just changed "utf-8" to "UTF-8", nothing else. Done with native win7 editor.

I know that "utf-8" is correct syntax for xml, got the idea from one of my projects where an software-interface only worked with utf in capital letters.

Greetings

Luchsia
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
The attached subclass detector will fix the problem I believe. It has to do with the weirdness of Windows character sets.
THX it works ))))
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:12 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Just changed "utf-8" to "UTF-8", nothing else. Done with native win7 editor.
I think it wasn't changing the case that did it, those files have always had the encoding as lower-case "utf-8". I think it had to do with you using a Windows editor on _ProfitUI_SubclassDetector.xml.

The change I made was to put the UTF-16 byte order mark back in the file. The files are UTF-8, but Windows uses 16-bit characters internally and it seems like certain files (ones that contain UTF-8 characters outside the 7-bit ASCII range, eg. internationalized classnames) must have the BOM at the start for Windows to correctly decode them even though the BOM has no meaning. A native Windows editor will put that mark back, replicating my fix. My regular editor removes the BOM, which is correct for UTF-8 but breaks EQ2 if the file isn't strict ASCII.