EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Why is my quest log window auto-opened?

When I log in and alt from toon to toon, my quest log window is automatically open each and every time.

Does anyone know why it does this and how I can make it stop?
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:41 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Are you talking about the quest helper window or the main journal / collections / achievements window?
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM
A Grove Wisp

The main journal with Quests/Collections/Achievements/Questlist etc.

It didn't used to do this. I do also use the fluffy quest helper but I've used it a long time without the quest log being open each time.

Last edited by Katz_Mckatz : 03-28-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Unread 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I've occasionally had windows open themselves when I camp in on a character. What I usually do is close the window and do a /save_uisettings to force the game to save out the state. I think what happens is at some point while the window was open the state got checkpointed, and then I camped out of the character and it wrote the checkpointed state rather than the actual state. It doesn't happen too often, and the preceding seems to fix it for me.
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:12 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.
Unread 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
A Griffon

Interesting. I've not had that happen to me, but the explanation makes sense. That may also explain other weirdness people have seen from time to time. I'll be very interested to see if this suggestion solves the problem.
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
A Griffon

I'm not sure if it's entirely correct, but... I do know the game only saves the UI settings at certain points, not every time they change. And there are infamously several ways to leave a character that don't cause the UI settings to be saved (eg. /exit vs. proper camping out). So when I see minor weirdness (most common is the group or raid window open on camp-in, followed for me by the character window being up) I figure it can't hurt to clean up and force the settings to be saved and usually I don't have it happen again for a good long while.

What's more annoying is joining a group or raid and not having the group or raid window auto-open. But that seems to be a game-client issue, possibly it thinks I've closed those windows manually so it doesn't automatically change their state.
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
A Grove Wisp

Unfortunately that didn't stop the window from auto-opening.
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz_Mckatz View Post
Unfortunately that didn't stop the window from auto-opening.
This is just a shot in the dark but do you have auto-open when you harvest a collectable?
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

When I harvest a collectible, the loot window opens and I accept it. Then if I click on the collectible, either the window opens to add it to the collection or a popup window opens that says I already have it.

I've looked through all the options for Profit and EQ and see nothing that I think would cause this.

By the way, when I click on bottom bar config, nothing happens. I don't think that is working for me.
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
A Griffon

In Options | Controls | Mouse Options there's a setting for the default mouse action. If it's set to either of the single-click ones, clicking on a collectible causes the default Examine action to trigger. That's what causes the collection window or the examine dialog to show up. If you right-click on the collectible and select Examine the same things'll happen. You can change the setting to require a double-click to perform the default action. Note that this applies to all clickables in the game, not just collectibles, including things like items you have to click on to update a quest.
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ok, I found that. However, that isn't exactly what my problem is. I load into the game with the Journal (quest window) open. I close it. When I alt to another toon, it is open again. It didn't used to always be open like that. So far everything I've tried to stop it has had no effect.

I did change the mouse to double click, but the quest window is still open when I login.

This is perplexing.

Last edited by Katz_Mckatz : 06-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:50 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I used Fluffy's quest helper. I uninstalled it and the problem went away.
Unread 06-14-2012, 06:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

This happens when you are no longer logged into Fluffys website thru your quest journal. Go to the Questlist tab in your quest journal and you will see a prompt for your login to Fluffy on the right hand side. Once you log in, it goes away. This happens because the quest journal does not know which toon to update unless you are logged in.
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I used Fluffy's quest helper. I uninstalled it and the problem went away.
Yeah, this is definitely Fluffy related. I uninstalled it (or just deleted the 2 UI files rather) and it quit doing it.

I then reinstalled the Fluffy Quest UI journal mod, but it won't let me login or log out of it. The mod appears to be broken and needs an update. I checked Fluffy's site, but there is no update, its still the files from 2011.

If anyone has a workaround, I'd love to be able to fix this mod as its very helpful.
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:49 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

Best I can offer is that I think the reason we can't log in or out is because of the currently broken in game browser. I'm thinking it uses that and, of course, is getting nowhere when it tries.

I'd wait until the browser issues are sorted out and try again, really. Any word on that?