EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 05-08-2014, 10:12 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat windows not always showing

A few months ago I split my chat window into 2 windows. One has tell, chat, guild, special. The other has the rest. Often, only the first window will appear. This was not the original one, rather the new. Often the one with all other chat will appear when someone talks in one of those channels. Sometimes it will go for an hour and I cannot get it to pop up.

Have you heard of this, do you have any suggestions on how to pop that window back up? Sometimes it will pop when I click the Drinalian or Vesspyr portal urns. Sometimes talking to the Research Assistant.
Unread 05-17-2014, 11:31 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Looks like I am the only one this is happening to so there must be an issue with splitting the chat window into 2. So my question is does DrumsUI control the placement of the chat windows or is that portion part of the default. Trying to see if I can look at the window code to see if I can force it to show up somehow.
Unread 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I had this happen a LOOOONG time ago with another UI. Only way I could fix it was to delete my UI file and remake it. Sometimes they get corrupted and that's the only way to fix it
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 05-18-2014, 12:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaradann View Post
Looks like I am the only one this is happening to so there must be an issue with splitting the chat window into 2. So my question is does DrumsUI control the placement of the chat windows or is that portion part of the default. Trying to see if I can look at the window code to see if I can force it to show up somehow.
There's no special code affecting the positioning. It's all just look & feel changes.

No idea about your specific issue. Try opening your character's XML file and deleting the Chat Window related sections.
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Thx, I may have to do what Mae said, remove and reinstall. Maybe something got corrupted. Would it be easy enough to simply remove the individual toon's .xml settings file? Or do I need to cut deeper and delete the entire ui folder contents, and allow the java updater to update all?
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Individual character XML is best place to start, and realistically the only thing that's going to be the problem.
Unread 06-22-2014, 11:10 PM
A Grassland Beetle

So I went ahead and deleted the personal xml file. Recreated by looking at the sreen on another pc. All well and good, things are great. Odd problem tho, when I load uisettings to the next toon it works great. But log out to another toon, load ui, go back to previous and bam. Chat window is gone and in its place is a detached chat tab midscreen. Happens everytime. So I finally deleted every personal xml file, copied the first one and renamed many times till all 42 toons were done.

tldr so far now all seem to load proper. Great work on the ui all this time, just hope I may have helped some in all this.