EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Profit UI always reverting to the same

Hi all,
I have been using Profit UI for a long time now but only recently I found out that I simply can't make any changes to its appearance. I have recently tried to change the skins or the bags and tradeskill window layout but no matter what I do it always reverts to what it looked like before. I think there is some configuration file that either needs to be deleted and eventually recreated or simply changed but I don't know which one. It might be worth to mention that I have recently (well a few months) changed to the streaming client.

If I can't fix this issue I will probably completely uninstall Profit UI and use EQ2 proprietary Interface. If I can remember how I can install it, that is.

Thanks for help.
Unread 11-20-2012, 03:42 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Are you using the updater? If so, you need to go into Settings | Variants and select the versions of windows you want there (select the window from the pull-down, then double-click on the version of it you want so it's highlighted in green, use the Default button if you want to remove any variant selection and return to the default version). If you manually overwrite files by extracting variants from the zipfiles, the next time you run the updater it'll remove your changes and replace them with the variants you've got configured (which would be the default versions unless you've selected variants in the updater).
Unread 11-20-2012, 04:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Thank you. I am going to try this immediately. Does it also work with skins and the other variants?
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:39 AM
A Griffon

Everything where Profit has alternative versions of windows, plus the skins (general appearance plus exact background color), the bottom bar, map icons and fonts.

Note that some variants don't exist anymore, when it says "Do not use this variant" it means it. The updater doesn't handle removing variants cleanly, so when development rendered a variant unnecessary (eg. multiple versions of the bottom bar got replaced by a single bar that could handle all screen widths) the best that could be done was to replace that variant with an empty placeholder. Trying to use those will likely not give you the results you wanted, so best not to.

Also, some windows change appearance based on UI settings, not variants. For instance the vertical vs. horizontal group windows aren't a variant, they're controlled by the window frame setting of the group window. Same with the dual-pane vs. single-pane crafting window.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks again for your patience. I have reset all variants to default, yet it seems nothing has changed. I have made a few changes and, again. things stayed the same way. Maybe I should delete the whole configuration files and reinstall the whole thing from the webpage? Shame I can't remember which files. Of course, I am running the updater as an admin.

Last edited by T.arkus : 11-20-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
A Griffon

Try this before reinstalling. From the updater, select File -> Updater -> Reset All Settings. This will replace the old settings file with a new one. If your problem is due to a corrupted settings file, this will fix it.
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Try this before reinstalling. From the updater, select File -> Updater -> Reset All Settings. This will replace the old settings file with a new one. If your problem is due to a corrupted settings file, this will fix it.
When you say changes are you talking about positions on the screen or actually editing the file? If you're editing the file or maybe installing someone elses modded file you need to put the same file on ignore in the updater. If you're talking about screen positions try deleting the ui setting file for that char. Its normally got a name like yourservername_yourcharname_eq2_uisettings.xml

Also make sure you don't have 2 different eq2 installations. Right click your eq2 shortcut and look at properties to see where its pointing and make sure the updater is pointing to the same one by going to settings file paths in the updater.
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
A Brown Bear

Victory:

After resetting everything, I can now finally make changes. Thans for everybody's help and patience.